- The price of Bitcoin is down nearly 30% in two months… What's going on with this digital currency?
- If you watch the price of Bitcoin, you'll have noticed that it's fallen 29% in just two months.
From the beginning of July, Bitcoin was trading on the CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index at $647.34. By mid-August it had dropped to $460.67.
Today, it's trading at around $488.66.
So why has the price of Bitcoin fallen? Is this digital currency falling out of favour?
Let's take a closer look…... ››› more
- [05 September 2014]
- US marijuana stocks are gaining momentum… It looks like there are opportunities to make money for the liberal investor
- In January, the US saw its first state legalise the recreational use of marijuana. Washington quickly followed suit.
With this legalisation of the use of marijuana comes stocks that specialise in the drug.
And it looks like there's big profits to make from the cream of the marijuana stocks.
Let's take a closer look at what's going on…
The marijuana industry is showing rapid growth... ››› more
- [29 August 2014]
- Looking for a way to remember a loved one? Here's an alternative way that may surprise you
- If someone mentions diamonds to you, chances are you'll think about diamonds that come from the mining process.
Specialist companies can manufacture diamonds too. Generally these types of diamonds are for use in industrial sectors.
But in the early 2000s, a whole new type of diamond manufacturing came about…
Having a keepsake of a loved one
If a loved one dies, it’s natural to w... ››› more
- [21 August 2014]
- Getting started with Bitcoin: The four types of Bitcoin wallet you can pick from
- Before you can even think about buying Bitcoins, you need to have somewhere to store them. For this you need a Bitcoin wallet.
There are four different types of Bitcoin wallet available. So what are the differences? And how safe are each of them?
Let's take a closer look…
Bitcoin wallet #1: Desktop wallets
Desktop wallets don’t depend on a third party service, so that can be adv... ››› more
- [18 August 2014]
- Where to look to make money from Bitcoin
- There are a lot of similarities between Bitcoin and the discovery of gold.
The gold rushes that ensued discoveries of the yellow metal led to furious mining. Those that got in early made a lot more money than those who were slower to get in on the action.
You can say the same for those who got into Bitcoin mining in its early days.
So what can you learn from the parallels between gold mi... ››› more
- [17 August 2014]
- Eight tips to help keep your Bitcoin safe from cybercrime
- As a digital currency, Bitcoin is growing in popularity. But Bitcoin has had its fair share of controversy. This includes the theft of Bitcoin.
So if you're seriously considering getting into Bitcoin, how can you ensure that your Bitcoins are safe?
Read on to find out what you need to do…
Buying into Bitcoin
Just last month, South African payment processor PayFast announced that i... ››› more
- [14 August 2014]
- Digital currency uncovered: How to start using Bitcoin
- Using digital currencies as a means of paying for things may have you terrified. But the good news is, you don't have to be.
Using digital currencies like Bitcoin is actually not as difficult as you might believe. And it's also a lot safer to use than you might think.
So if you're desperate to start using Bitcoin, how do you start?
Read on to find out…
The ins and outs of getting ... ››› more
- [13 August 2014]
- If you want to follow the big money, you have to consider Bitcoin
- The interest in Bitcoin is rapidly growing. In the US this year alone, six new Bitcoin hedge funds have appeared.
So what does this tell us about Bitcoin? Does it indicate that the future is looking good for the digital currency?
Let's take a closer look…
Big investors are ploughing money into Bitcoin funds
The launch of so many Bitcoin hedge funds this year is a very strong indic... ››› more
- [28 July 2014]
- Why Bitcoin could change the financial landscape forever… taking down some victims of its success with it
- The use of Bitcoin is still in its infancy. But the use of the digital currency is gaining momentum.
If Bitcoin continues to grow in popularity, it could wipe out many businesses in the financial services industry.
Read on to uncover why the use of Bitcoin could change the financial sector forever…
Financial services companies that ignore Bitcoin look set to suffer the consequences
Som... ››› more
- [25 July 2014]
- Are marijuana stocks an alternative investment opportunity to embrace or ignore?
- Since the beginning of the year, there has been an investment ‘haze' drifting over the US….
In January, Colorado kicked off as the first state to legalise medical marijuana. Now this has rolled out to 22 states, with others sure to follow.
And Colorado and Washington weren't just content with medical marijuana. These states have now legalised recreational use.
The catch? Hefty taxes ... ››› more
- [22 July 2014]
- Bitcoin is gaining traction in SA: Over 30,000 sellers now accept the digital currency
- Yesterday, South African online payment provider PayFast announced that it's now accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment.
Buyers using PayFast can now select Bitcoin as a form of payment. The company's move demonstrates the growing popularity of using the digital currency as means of payment.
Let's take a closer look…
PayFast and BitX bring Bitcoin to SA
PayFast has enabled “Bitcoin a... ››› more
- [18 July 2014]
- Where to now for the price of Bitcoin?
- Since its inception, Bitcoin has scaled the dizzy heights of over $1,100 to come flying back down to only a few hundred dollars. Over the last couple of months, the Bitcoin price has consolidated somewhat. And it looks like this is the start of Bitcoin's move upwards. Let's take a closer look at where the price of Bitcoin looks likely to go…
Bitcoin is similar to the Internet back in the earl... ››› more
- [14 July 2014]
- Bitcoin is getting ready to soar as it prepares to go mainstream
- Bitcoin has had its fair share of controversy since its conception. But Bitcoin is a revolutionary new technology. This means Bitcoin is probably set to follow the path of other revolutionary technologies. And if it follows the paths of these other revolutionary technologies, it's preparing for take-off. Let's take a closer look at the evidence…
Bitcoin is preparing for rapid growth
Have a l... ››› more
- [09 July 2014]
- Here's what you need to know about the world's most famous digital currency: Bitcoin
- Over the last year, the popularity of Bitcoin has soared. In spite of a number of scandals, the digital currency is becoming increasingly more popular. And a growing number of retailers across the globe are accepting it as a form of payment.
So what exactly is Bitcoin?
How does it work?
How can you buy Bitcoin?
And is Bitcoin going to survive?
Read on to find out the answers to ... ››› more
- [30 June 2014]
- How did Bitcoin win the race to become a leading digital currency?
- Bitcoin wasn't the first attempt at a digital currency. There have been numerous tries at making a successful digital form of money. But none of them cut it until Bitcoin. So why is Bitcoin unique? Let's take a closer look…
Until Bitcoin all digital currencies had the same problem
Before Bitcoin came along, all other attempts at digital currencies failed. And it was down to one major problem... ››› more
- [26 June 2014]
Watch And Learn