- How to use CFDs to hedge your portfolio
- You may believe that trading financial instruments like contracts for difference (CFDs) is all about trying to make a quick profit. But there is more to trading CFDs than that. You can actually use CFDs to hedge your investment portfolio. By using CFDs to hedge your portfolio, you can use them to act like a kind of insurance. Let's take a closer look at using CFDs to hedge your investment portfoli... ››› more
- [13 January 2014]
- Two top advantages of trading CFDs
- Contracts for difference (CFDs) are an increasingly popular trading tool. But why is this? A couple of the major plusses of CFDs include low trading costs and having no expiry date. Read on to find out more about these two advantages of trading CFDs…
CFDs are one of the most popular products available to the private investor, the research team at FSP Invest in The Ultimate Contracts for Differ... ››› more
- [10 January 2014]
- How to use CFDs to take advantage of a rising or falling market
- When you trade contracts for difference (CFDs), not only can you profit when the market is rising in value, you can also profit if the market is falling. You just have to decide whether to go long or short with your CFD trade. Read on to uncover how you can use CFDs to profit from a rising or falling market…
Just like other derivative products, such as futures and options, you can go long or s... ››› more
- [07 January 2014]
- Discover my top five trading lessons!
- I recently received a question from one of my subscribers, M.F.
'Hi Timon, Can you please tell me where I can find any good lessons on learning how to trade?'
So, today I've compiled my five top lessons, each which contain vital insider tips and tricks which I've learnt in the last 10 years, from all over the world.
Over 65,000 people have already benefited from these lessons, and the ... ››› more
- [23 August 2013]
- This is the only tool you'll ever need to make a killing on the stock market
- Over the last 10 years, I've traded a variety of instruments but, I found it a mission to learn the ropes of each one.
I always did my research first and out of the shares, warrants, share installments, futures, I always found major flaws with each instrument.
But then, I found this revolutionary instrument and haven't turned back since.
Today, I'm going to introduce you to this instrum... ››› more
- [16 August 2013]
- How you can profit from falling share prices by trading CFDs
- Not only can you trade CFDs to profit from a rise in the market, you can profit when prices take a tumble too. So regardless of what the market is doing, you can use CFDs to profit. Let's have a closer look at a short trade…
Before we get into how a short CFD trade works, let’s take a look at what a CFD is…
A contract for difference (CFD) is what’s known as an over the counter (OTC) d... ››› more
- [08 August 2013]
- CFDs uncovered: What happens when you short a share that starts to rise in price
- One great advantage of CFDs is you can sell (short) them as well as buy, so you can profit whether the market rises or falls. But what happens if you're shorting a share and the price starts to rise? Let's look at what happens with a short CFD trade that doesn't perform the way you want it to…
A contract for difference (CFD) is what’s known as an over the counter (OTC) derivative because you... ››› more
- [08 August 2013]
- How to make 150% on a long CFD trade
- One advantage of trading CFDs is the gearing effect of trading on margin. This allows you to multiply your gains. Read on to discover how you can make great profits by buying CFDs…
A contract for difference (CFD) is what’s known as an over the counter (OTC) derivative because you don’t trade it through an exchange (like a share), but through a bank or company who provide CFD trading.
Wh... ››› more
- [07 August 2013]
- How CFD trading multiplies your profits as well as your losses
- When you trade CFDs, you trade on margin. This margin multiplies your profits. But unfortunately, it also multiplies you losses. Read on to see what happens when a long CFD trade goes against you…
A contract for difference (CFD) is what’s known as an over the counter (OTC) derivative because you don’t trade it through an exchange (like a share), but through a bank or company who provide CF... ››› more
- [07 August 2013]
- Uncovered: Five benefits of trading CFDs
- By trading CFDs you can take advantage of all the benefits they offer. Such as magnified returns and low trading costs. Read on to discover the benefits of trading CFDs…
A contract for difference (CFD) is an over the counter (OTC) derivative since you don’t trade it through an exchange (like shares), but through a bank or company who provide CFD trading.
When you trade a CFD, you agree to... ››› more
- [06 August 2013]
- Revealed: The ins and outs of CFDs
- If you fancy adding a bit of trading excitement to your portfolio, how about CFDs? By trading CFDs you can profit when the market is rising and falling. Read on to find out more about how they work…
CFDs, or contracts for difference, are a great way to capitalise on the moves of a share or other underlying asset, explains Viv Govender, analyst of Index Trader.
A CFD is an over the counter (... ››› more
- [05 August 2013]
- Uncovered: Four reasons why you should trade CFDs
- If you want to start trading, but haven't yet taken the plunge, contracts for difference (CFDs) could be the trading instrument for you. They're a great way for you to trade the stock market and get those profits rolling in. Read on to discover why you should be trading CFDs…
Contracts for difference (CFDs) are over the counter (OTC) derivatives. CFDs trade through “market makers,” not an ... ››› more
- [11 July 2013]
- CFDs uncovered: Your essential guide to this money multiplying trading tool
- If you're sick of investing in shares and spending sleepless nights worrying every time the share price dips, listen up: By trading CFDs, you can profit if the market goes up or down. Read on to discover exactly what CFDs are and they can improve your portfolio's success…
Before unravelling what a CFD is, you need to know what a derivative is, explains FSP Invest’s Ultimate Contracts for Dif... ››› more
- [07 June 2013]
- Four tips to manage your risk if you're trading CFDs
- Over the last few years, CFDs have become increasingly popular in South Africa. In fact, “it's thought that in the near future, they'll kick single stock futures off the top spot and become the most popular trading product in South Africa,” says the Ultimate Contracts for Difference Guide. But, if you're taking advantage of what CFDs have to offer, it's crucial you manage the downside risks al... ››› more
- [06 May 2013]
- Lessons learnt from a man who lost R1 million from a single mistake
- A couple of weeks ago I was speaking to some brokerage buddies of mine. And one broker told me a morbid story. You see, one of his clients had a non-discretionary account. This basically means that it's totally up to the client to decide where to put his own money… And this particular client was absolutely convinced this one share in particular would skyrocket. Disregarding the broker's advice... ››› more
- [03 May 2013]
Watch And Learn