- How to avoid credit repair scams
- The number of people struggling with consumer debt is on the rise, making it the perfect opportunity for credit repair scammers to thrive. If you're not careful, you could be the victim of credit fix scams, which promise to erase all your bad credit and give you a fresh new identity.
These scammers try to fool consumers with bad credit histories. They often promise to get consumers' names remo... ››› more
- [09 September 2014]
- Five financial tips for young people
- When you're young and you start earning a decent salary, you're likely to focus on ways to spend that money and forget about saving altogether.
Financial planning doesn't come easy for most young people, but you have to start somewhere. And the sooner you start planning and saving for your future, the more relaxed and better off you will be.
If you’re just starting to get a steady income a... ››› more
- [08 September 2014]
- How to pay off credit card debt faster
- Are you still struggling to pay off your credit card debt?
Are you implementing sound financial planning strategies or are you just going with the flow? Because the way you handle your credit card debt could change your financial future.
Instead of stressing out and getting into even more debt, calm yourself down and use these simple strategies to get rid of credit card debt for good.
T... ››› more
- [04 September 2014]
- Five steps to financial freedom
- Preparing for the future requires efficient financial planning. Most people lack financial planning skills and do not know how to save for the future.
Having a financial plan gives you options. It serves as a roadmap, guiding you towards financial freedom and helping you achieve your dreams.
How can you achieve financial freedom once and for all? Here's how to take control of you finances an... ››› more
- [02 September 2014]
- 7 tips for a debt-free life
- If you think that being debt-free is an impossible target to reach, think again. Anyone can learn how to save more money, keep a budget, and live within their means.
Living on a budget requires discipline, but it's worth the effort. At the end of the month, when you spend less than you earn, have paid up all your debts, and have also managed to save a decent amount, you will be much happier th... ››› more
- [27 August 2014]
- Why you could end up paying more for loans after Moody's downgraded South Africa's big banks
- It's been a rocky few weeks for the banking sector.
After African Bank revealed huge losses and the need of a multibillion rand capital injection, the rest of the banking sector has felt the backlash.
Following the events with African Bank, ratings agency Moody's decided to downgrade five of South Africa's banks.
So what does this mean for you?
Let's take a closer look…
Moody... ››› more
- [27 August 2014]
- Court action by R699 car scheme consumers failed
- Last month, a R699 car scheme came crashing down leaving around 17,000 consumers with bank loans to pay.
Some of the consumers affected by the scheme took the matter to court in an attempt to get a class ruling that the banks involved awarded the loans recklessly.
But at the end of last week, the court delivered news the car scheme victims didn't want to hear.
Let's take a closer look at... ››› more
- [26 August 2014]
- Three ways to ruin your credit score
- Good credit is extremely important, especially if you want to get approved for a home.
Your credit score takes into account many factors and the bad financial habits you've developed over time could negatively affect it.
It doesn't take much to ruin a perfectly good credit. All you have to do is make a few mistakes along the way.
Here are three ways to ruin your credit score.
1. Ope... ››› more
- [26 August 2014]
- The difference between secured and unsecured loans
- Whether you want to buy a new car, purchase a new house, or attend an expensive college, you most probably need to obtain a loan from a bank or a private lender.
You can opt for secured or unsecured loans, depending on what the bank or lender offers you and on the amount of risk you are willing to take.
Secured loans are often the most affordable option if you're looking to borrow a larger a... ››› more
- [22 August 2014]
- Four spending habits that lead to debt
- How many times have you found yourself spending much more than you should? Debt doesn't come all at once, it is built gradually and it is often the result of bad spending habits and overlooked mistakes.
It's time to put a stop to your bad spending habits that lead to debt.
Here are four spending habits you should quit now.
Bad spending habit #1: Spending money you don’t have
When yo... ››› more
- [21 August 2014]
- Pros and cons of debt consolidation
- If you are buried deep down in debt, you are probably considering debt consolidation as a viable option.
With debt consolidation, you can pay off your existing smaller loans using a larger single loan.
A debt consolidation loan can seem like a dream come true, but that may not always be the case.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of debt consolidation.
Pros of debt consolidat... ››› more
- [20 August 2014]
- How to take control of your debt
- If you're having trouble paying off your debt and can't seem to take control of your finances, then you need to take action as quickly as possible.
The first thing you should do is prioritize your debts and try to pay off the largest ones first.
Make it a priority to pay off the most important debts first, such as your mortgage, rent, bills, income tax, VAT, and any secured loans.
Then,... ››› more
- [19 August 2014]
- How to determine your net worth
- Calculating your net worth means finding out exactly how much money you have if you sold all your assets and paid off all your debts.
It's an important part of financial planning, especially if you're looking to buy a new house, retire, or send your child off to college.
Knowing your net worth helps you make better financial decisions that could affect your future.
Having a negative net w... ››› more
- [18 August 2014]
- Tips on choosing a debt counsellor
- Debt is a frequent problem in South Africa, with more consumers having missed three or more monthly debt payments.
Choosing a debt counsellor to assist you in getting rid of debt is a wise decision.
However, you must consider several factors when choosing a debt counsellor, including reliability, accreditation, and costs.
A debt counsellor can assist you in paying off your debt. Your cred... ››› more
- [31 July 2014]
- Four reasons you're still in debt
- Are you still wondering where all your money is going and why you can't manage to get out of debt?
How come some people manage to live comfortably and even save money, while others fail miserably at controlling their finances?
It's a matter of discipline and financial planning, skills that some people never possess.
The good news is that anyone can become financially responsible and ge... ››› more
- [24 July 2014]
Watch And Learn