- Five ways to get started saving up to invest your money today
- If you want to start investing but you don't know where to start. I want to show you five ways to save enough money so that you can start investing your money as soon as possible.
Most people believe that it's difficult to save your money but this isn't true. You just need to take a good look at your financial situation and the services at your disposal to find the money you need.
Sometim... ››› more
- [02 June 2016]
- How to avoid the 20 most common retirement planning mistakes
- There are so many things you need to consider when planning for your retirement.
Of course, there's the obvious retirement planning concerns, like how much you earn and how much debt you have but there are other factors that could leave you scrambling around trying desperately to build up your retirement savings.
To help you prepare for your retirement, I've found 20 of the most common ret... ››› more
- [02 June 2016]
- Another petrol price increase tonight - Here are 5 fuel savings tips to get you through 2016
- Remember to fill your tank on your way home from work tonight. Due to the weakening and the price increase of petroleum related products on international markets, the price of petrol is increasing at midnight tonight.
The petrol proce will increase by 52 cents a litre and the diesel price will rise by 76 cents tomorrow. As long the rand continues to weaken against the dollar, you can expect th... ››› more
- [31 May 2016]
- All our experts agree South Africa is headed for a recession - Here's what you should be doing about it right now
- The situation is more serious than we thought...
As you'll see in a moment, it's become clear that South Africa is headed for a recession.
SA government economic policy has been doing very little to improve the state of our economy and now, the South African economy, consumers and investors are paying for the sins of our decision makers.
But all is not lost...
Due to the severity of... ››› more
- [30 May 2016]
- Revealed: FSPInvest's five golden rules of investing
- The investment environment in South Africa is leaving many investors confused. Nobody seems to know what to do anymore.
It's not always easy to figure out what to invest in when rumours of a looming recession and a falling rand are circulating the markets. That's why the FSPInvest team of investment experts spend hundreds of hours a month researching the best opportunities and shares to add to... ››› more
- [27 May 2016]
- This one simple change can knock six years off your bond and save you R302,084.63
- What if I told you there's a simple way to knock six years off your bond repayments and save R302,084.63. in the process?
Would you believe me if I told you that you can pay your bond off faster, without increasing the amount you pay each month?
In fact, you won't have to make any drastic changes to your lifestyle at all. I've found a special solution to help you do just that. Just wait un... ››› more
- [26 May 2016]
- The “do it yourself” retirement plan - Beat the market and save R1,198,087 in fees
- For decades, retirement investors handed over control of their finances to someone else to squeeze as much as they can out of their retirement annuities (RA). If you're doing that, then you know it means accepting mediocre returns and paying high management fees.
But there's a little-known ‘new generation' RA that lets you customise your investments. In fact, you now have full control over ... ››› more
- [24 May 2016]
- Take care of your health today to reduce long-term financial difficulties
- Are you so focused on our day-to-day life that you totally forget to look after your health? If this sounds like you, you're at constant risk of contracting a serious lifestyle illness.
Statistics from the heart and Stroke Foundation of South Africa show:
• 130 heart attacks and 240 strokes occur daily in South Africa
• 10 people suffer a stroke and five people will have a heart attac... ››› more
- [23 May 2016]
- Two pitfalls that most retirees never see coming
- Have you ever asked yourself, “Will you live as well as your parents did when you retire?”
That's a question thousands of South Africans ask themselves everyday when they reach retirement. The sad truth is, the answer is probably always, “No, I won't”
And, it's no surprise...
You know the statistics that say, only a quarter of South Africans will retire comfortably. The rest wi... ››› more
- [23 May 2016]
- Why you should use this interest rate pause to boost your financial situation
- Since the South African reserve bank decided not to increase interest rates again, you have a brief moment of relief to make sure that you get your financial house in order before the next rate hike. Now is the time to be more frugal with your money. It's not the time to make more debt or increase your spending.
The challenges for consumers in 2016 are far from over. No one know if the reserve... ››› more
- [20 May 2016]
- The underdog that could save you up to 30% in tax every year
- Rich South Africans pay expensive lawyers, accounts, tax planners and investment managers to ensure they legally pay as little tax as possible.
Now I know what you're thinking: “That's great, but not everyone can afford these expensive advisors.”
Well I've got good news for you: You don't need the help of expensive accountants, tax advisors or investment managers. Because all the tax inc... ››› more
- [19 May 2016]
- Don't leave your family in debt when you die
- The cost of funerals in South Africa is quite expensive. As a result, when family members die, those left behind are often left with a serious financial burden. Funeral costs can reach tens of thousands of rands leaving the family member responsible for the burial no choice but to take out a loan or pay with a credit card.
Clearly, this isn't an ideal situation, especially for households with ... ››› more
- [19 May 2016]
- Knock 6 years and 25% off your bond don't sacrifice a thing!
- Wouldn't you like to pay your house off six years earlier and save R500,000 in the process?
Just imagine the freedom you'll have knowing you've conquered one of your largest debts.
If you can beat your biggest debt, the smaller ones will feel like nothing!
Well, today I've found a special solution to do just that - without changing your lifestyle.
But wait… I haven't even told you ho... ››› more
- [18 May 2016]
- Avoid these two novice mistakes and bag yourself unbelievable car auction deals!
- A couple of weeks ago, I went to a car auction. I saw people snatching great car deals that even baffled the commission-incentivised auctioneer! Some of the cars were literally selling for about half of what I knew the retail value to be. I was stumped... I know they say “In war, there are no winners”… But believe me, after what I saw - in bidding wars - there certainly are. Today I'll reve... ››› more
- [18 May 2016]
- How to set up your very own DIY retirement fund
- If you know just a few simple tricks you can take control of your own retirement back from your financial advisor - and save a small fortune in fees at the same time. Today, Aiden Sookdin speaks to the experts and explains exactly how to set up your own fool-proof retirement savings plan - DIY style. It's a lot easier than you may think. Just follow this simple four-step plan and you'll be well on... ››› more
- [17 May 2016]
Watch And Learn