- Happy New Year! Here are three easy resolutions to make your 2017 a profitable one!
- Let's start your year on a profitable note.
I'm sure you hear how many people make resolutions when their year starts.
I want to lose 10 kilograms
I'm going on a lifestyle-change diet
I'm going to save 1/3 of my money this year
These are all great, but let's be honest. Most resolutions last around two months' tops, and then all is given up.
I need you to make realistic and achievab... ››› more
- [13 January 2017]
- Only look at these three news events when you trade - and forget the rest!
- Dear Trading Tips reader,
On Saturday, at the Forex 101 Workshop in Durban, an attendee asked a question which sparked an interest with the rest of the attendees.
“Out of the hundreds of news events, which ones are the most important to trade with?”
I could see by their faces that they all wanted to know the answer to this question.
Who wouldn't? Everyone wants to know which eve... ››› more
- [05 October 2016]
- You're still missing one of the most important rules when it comes to trading Forex
- Let's say you have your proven strategy, correct mind set and strong money management rules.
Is that all it takes to be a successful trader?
For the first four years of trading, I believed it was.
Until one day, I woke up and realised I was down R70,000, in just three weeks.
I didn't understand what I was doing wrong.
Today, I want to show you how you can avoid making this mistake w... ››› more
- [22 September 2016]
- The difference between “investing” 2% and risking 2% of your portfolio - explained
- New traders think that when I talk about risking risk 2% of their portfolio, it means investing 2% of what their portfolio is worth.
But that's not what I mean.
Let's say you have R10,000, and you only want to risk 2% or R200 of that amount to trade CFDs.
Here's how much you'll need to invest in your CFD trade…
First some investing/trading 101 basics
Step #1: Know how much you ... ››› more
- [08 September 2016]
- How you can uncover the winning strategy to help you make R20,000 a month trading forex
- Trading forex can be extremely lucrative. By trading the world's forex market, you can profit from the ups and downs of the values of currencies.
But if you don't know what you're doing or you don't have a good strategy, you can lose a lot of money too.
So how can you increase your chances of banking thousands every month trading forex?
Read on to find out…
Don’t lose money trad... ››› more
- [04 March 2016]
- Discover seven ways to make money from forex trading
- The forex market is the largest and most liquid financial market. It offers savvy traders bountiful opportunities to profit from moves in the world's currencies.
The secret is knowing what indicators to use to identify winning forex trades.
Read on to find out what these are…
The best forex indicators to use
The forex market tends to follow strong trends. These trends make technic... ››› more
- [15 October 2015]
- How you can profit from the powerful downward trend in commodity currencies
- Commodity currencies are the currencies of countries which have a heavy reliance on commodities. This could be raw materials or natural resources they export.
The South African rand is a commodity currency, with the SA economy relying heavily on the export of its mined resources.
Commodity currencies have been under immense pressure.
So what are the world's major commodity currencies? And... ››› more
- [10 September 2015]
- Struggling to make money from forex trading? Here's the solution…
- If you've tried making money out of the forex market and failed, don't give up.
There's a way you can make thousands of rand a month from trading the forex market part-time.
Read on to find out how you can do it…
How to make money trading forex
Making money from trading forex doesn’t mean devoting every waking hour to what’s happening on the forex markets.
You can do it by ... ››› more
- [08 September 2015]
- Why you must control your risks with forex trading or face losing it all
- Trading the forex market can be very lucrative. But as with trading all geared instruments, there are risks. And these risks mean losing money.
One of the most important aspects of forex trading is risk management. If you ignore it, chances are you're not going to be trading for very long.
So why is risk management so important? And how can you limit your risks when trading forex?
Read on... ››› more
- [31 August 2015]
- The best currencies to trade
- If you want to trade forex, you'll find out there are a huge number of currencies that you can trade.
But when it comes to actually trading yourself, you should only concentrate on a select few.
So what are these currencies? And why should you trade them?
Read on to find out…
What currencies you should trade
With forex trading, you want to trade the currencies that are the most... ››› more
- [26 August 2015]
- The best times of day to trade forex
- Forex trading involves trading the world's currencies.
By trading currency pairs, you can profit from the rise in value of one currency against the fall in value of another one.
The forex market starts trading very early on a Monday morning and trades straight through until late on a Friday evening.
With the forex market trading 24 hours a day, five days a week, are there optimum times t... ››› more
- [25 August 2015]
- How to spot powerful and profitable trends
- Many forex traders like to use technical analysis. This is because technical analysis tends to work well with forex trading due to currencies following strong trends.
So how can you spot a powerful trend?
Read on to find out…
Finding trends in forex and trading with them
One key concept that technical traders believe in is that prices move in trends.
As a trader, one thing you ... ››› more
- [20 August 2015]
- Use these two forex indicators to know when to buy and sell for profit
- Oscillators can be very useful to identify when the price path of a currency pair is changing.
You can use them to check if a currency pair is overbought or oversold. And you can use them to identify when it's time to enter and exit trades.
These two oscillators are the moving average convergence divergence (MACD) and the relative strength index (RSI).
Let's take a closer look at each of... ››› more
- [13 August 2015]
- Forex indicators uncovered: Use this tool to generate buy and sell signals
- Technical analysis can work really well with forex trading.
There are a wide number of different tools at your disposal. One group of tools looks at the divergence of the price of a currency pair and an oscillator.
One of these oscillators is the stochastic oscillator.
So how do you know when the stochastic oscillator generates buy and sell signals when you trade forex? And what settings ... ››› more
- [12 August 2015]
- How to ‘predict' the forex market's next move using the stochastic oscillator
- Knowing when a currency pair price hits an extreme is very useful. It usually indicates a change is ahead.
You can use different types of oscillators to show you when this happens. One of these oscillators is the stochastic oscillator.
So how does it work?
Let's take a closer look…
How the stochastic oscillator works
A stochastic oscillator works on the premise that:
... ››› more
- [11 August 2015]
Watch And Learn