- What do Coca-Cola… Wal-Mart and Johnson & Johnson have in common?
- Mention Coca-Cola, Wal-Mart and Johnson & Johnson and the first thing that might come to mind is…
They're some of the biggest and leading companies in the world.
They're popular brands around most parts of the world.
And they've made plenty of savvy investors very wealthy.
For example, A R10,000 investment into J&J shares in 1970 would be worth in the millions today.
And if y... ››› more
- [03 October 2016]
- How these penny shares grow profits by 30%, 50% while the JSE moves 1% for the year!
- The JSE All Share Index is up 1% for the year so far.
The Top 40 index, representative of the most ‘stable' shares on our market is down a miserable 2.25% since 29 December 2015.
And our economy is struggling.
It's fair to say that 2016's been a tough year. Many companies are losing money (or at least making smaller profits), and very few shares are up.
But there are a select gro... ››› more
- [28 September 2016]
- Read this before you rush out and buy an Uber car
- Uber is no doubt one of the most convenient and cost effective transport solutions in the country right now. As an avid Uber user myself, I've never waited more than five minutes for the driver to pick me up once I make the booking on the user friendly app.
The car is always clean, the driver is always friendly and I've never had an incident where I was unhappy with the service.
It's safe... ››› more
- [27 September 2016]
- The one risk investors have complete control over, but most often overlook…
- Most types of risks for investors are almost impossible control.
Take politics for example - You have no control over what the Government says or does that could affect the markets.
But there's one type of risk an investor can control - The risk of paying too much for a stock.
Let me explain…
------- Special Announcement -------
This ... ››› more
- [26 September 2016]
- Will the next sports empire be built on e-sports?
- As a traditional sports bettor, betting on e-sports seems a little out of the ordinary and to be honest a little out of my comfort zone.
So when a college friend of mine suggested that the next big sporting empire wasn't exactly your traditional sport, I became intrigued.
Being a little into gaming myself, playing your traditional sporting games on console, such as FIFA, NBA and even the NFL... ››› more
- [22 September 2016]
- These two stocks could also be victims of the #Feesmustfall movement
- I'm not about to go into a political rant about the violence on university campuses or about the pros and cons of having free higher education for all.
What I want to talk about is the newest campaign that just happened - on the back of #FeesMustFall. It's called #DataFeesMustFall!
Thousands of people are unhappy with the data fees they're being charged by South African cell phone ... ››› more
- [21 September 2016]
- Genetically advanced children? No wonder it's the best investment in the world...
- What you are about to read, may sound like science fiction...
But I assure you it is fact.
Think about Hollywood blockbuster movies like Gattica and Splice, where healthy, genetically modified children are a standard feature in everyday life. Now imagine a new technology that can help you decide if your child has black hair, hazel eyes or tanned skin. Not only does this new technology allo... ››› more
- [20 September 2016]
- The “2016 silver bull-run” is NOT over yet... And here are two reasons why
- Since the start of 2016, Silver rose from $13.82 an ounce to a high of $20.63 - an incredible 49% return!
Compare that to gold which is up around 25% and the JSE All Share which has returned just over 6% for the year.
So it's no secret that silver is one of the best performing assets in 2016. But recently, silver took a knock and it's sitting around $18.85 today.
The main factor that c... ››› more
- [20 September 2016]
- Your stokvel could grow your bank account all the way to Zero!
- I'm really concerned…
I just came across a group of investors. 29,595 people to be exact.
These investors are all part of a group called “It's all about Online Stokvels”.
Don't get me wrong. A stokvel is a great thing. A group of people putting their funds together, investing it, and sharing the returns when they're needed.
But what I've seen on this group isn't real ‘Stokve... ››› more
- [14 September 2016]
- Become a virtual farmer and “Beef” up your investment portfolio
- I spend a massive amount of time researching odd ball ways to invest money. You see, I love spotting the method in the madness of the idea.
Best of all, I help you make a pretty penny in the process. And that's exactly what I want to help you do today.
When I come across a good idea, I can't wait to write about it and share it with you. This time around, I've found a really strange investm... ››› more
- [13 September 2016]
- How South Africans can profit from Europe's fastest growing economy…
- When you think of Europe's fastest growing economies, who comes to mind?
Switzerland?, Germany?, maybe Netherlands?
No it's none of them.
The fastest growing economies in Europe consist of countries you don't hear much about in the news. I'm talking about Malta, Luxembourg, Romania and Poland.
These countries' economies are expected to grow more than double the Eurozone's in 2016 and b... ››› more
- [12 September 2016]
- Mr Price crashes 27% in two days thanks to the debt bubble's slow puncture - here's three shares you need to avoid
- In 2013 I warned investors that African Bank's drop in profits was the first ‘symptom' of a slow puncture for the South African Debt Bubble…
I told investors I believed many of the unsecured lenders and credit retailers will get themselves into trouble, but Capitec would prevail.
At the time African Bank traded at R22 a share.
By early July 2014 I called African Bank's imminent bankrupt... ››› more
- [07 September 2016]
- The best way to get into the Chinese stock market for long-term gains
- With a booming population and an ever growing investment market, China overtook the US as the world's largest recipient of foreign capital investments. Official statistics from China's Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) show foreign direct investment (FDI) into China reaching $35.4 billion in the first quarter of 2016. That's a 4.5% increase from the same period in 2015. The US economy fell from its po... ››› more
- [06 September 2016]
- This is one of the most common investor mistakes
- Today I want to explain one of the biggest mistakes investor's make.
It has nothing to do with what you invest in, where you invest or how much you invest. It goes much deeper than that.
It's got to do with your emotions and behaviour.
The fact is, every investor experiences it at some point. And if you keep doing it, you're guaranteed to lose a fortune.
Let me explain…
------... ››› more
- [05 September 2016]
- The secret to long-term wealth…
- Investors will search high and low to discover the real secret to what generates wealth in the long term.
Today I'm going to tell you the answer is simple.
Professor of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania and well-known market commentator, Jeremy Siegel did a comprehensive study to discover the best investments over 188 years.
And what he found proved, that one particular asset outp... ››› more
- [29 August 2016]
Watch And Learn