- Worried about not having enough money for a comfortable retirement? Here's the solution…
- Not having enough money for retirement is a worry many people have.
Do you feel you don't have enough money put away? Or have you not even started making any contributions towards your retirement?
Whatever your worries about having enough money for a comfortable retirement, you can sort it out within ten years.
So how is this possible?
Read on to find out…
You just need ten ye... ››› more
- [17 August 2015]
- Preparing for retirement: How to attain financial freedom by saving R1,900
- Your financial aspirations may differ from your friends or family. But one thing you'll no doubt have in common is you want to build a solid financial backing, especially by the time you reach retirement.
Having a solid financial backing gives you independence and peace of mind.
So how can you achieve financial freedom by the time you retire?
Read on to find out…
How much you need... ››› more
- [06 August 2015]
- Four risks you need to be aware of with your retirement investments
- When you put money to work for your retirement, you face investment risk. This investment risk will depend on what assets you invest in.
It's easy to ignore risk and focus on how much your investments for retirement could return.
For example, if you invest in a unit trusts that's shown good performance over the years, there's no guarantee this will continue.
So what risks face your retire... ››› more
- [01 July 2015]
- How to use asset allocation with your retirement investments
- Investing for retirement isn't easy. There are so many aspects that can bring you worry. The biggest is seeing a good enough return from your investments.
One way to tackle this is to apply asset allocation to your investments for retirement.
So how does this work?
Read on to find out…
What is asset allocation?
Asset allocation is how you split your investment cash across diffe... ››› more
- [26 June 2015]
- Are you on track to meet your retirement savings goals?
- Once you know how much money you need in your retirement savings when you stop work, have you checked if you're going to achieve it?
And what is the best way of checking?
Read on to find out…
Are you saving enough for retirement?
Once you know how much money you need in your retirement savings (read this article if you don’t), it’s vital to check you’ll achieve this goal.
... ››› more
- [17 June 2015]
- How to calculate how much money you need in your retirement savings pot
- If you don't spend time now calculating how much money you'll need when you retire, you may end up living a poorer retirement than you thought.
It's worth taking the time now to see how much you need so you can work towards having enough money when you get to retirement age.
The longer you leave it, the harder it will be to achieve.
So how can you calculate how much money you need in your... ››› more
- [15 June 2015]
- Two strategies to boost your retirement savings
- Ensuring that you save enough for retirement isn't easy to achieve.
The last thing you want is to get to retirement age and not have enough money to keep you going through your later years.
So what can you do now to help you achieve your retirement savings goals?
There are two ways you can go about it.
Read on to find out what these strategies are…
Boost your retirement saving... ››› more
- [09 March 2015]
- Why buying an annuity at retirement has its advantages
- Trying to plan for your retirement can be a minefield. There are lots of decisions to make and the worry that you might not have enough money to tide you over.
One popular option (and depending on your retirement planning, a must) is to buy an annuity at retirement. Whilst this does have its downfalls, it also has many upsides.
Let's take a closer look at why buying an annuity at retirement ... ››› more
- [09 February 2015]
- Should retirees ignore stocks and focus on bonds and cash instead?
- As you get older, the consensus is that you should start to lower your exposure to stocks and put more money into ‘safer' investments like bonds and hold more cash.
But with retirees expected to live longer than they ever have before, is this still the case?
Let's take a closer look…
The classic retirement investment portfolio
Once you retire, you’re more likely to hold more c... ››› more
- [22 December 2014]
- Can you afford to retire comfortably?
- Can you afford to retire comfortably? Most people nearing retirement are haunted by this question.
When it comes to retirement planning, it's important to take time to familiarize yourself with what this period will mean for you, financially speaking.
After all those years you've dedicated time and energy into your work, retirement is the time to finally enjoy a comfortable, stress-free lif... ››› more
- [10 December 2014]
- What to do now if you want to retire early
- Retiring early is every busy worker's dream. You may love your job, but that doesn't mean you can't secretly dream of retiring early.
The biggest concern when it comes to retiring early is saving up enough money. Since we all have plenty of financial problems on a daily basis and we hardly ever have any money to spare, most often saving for retirement is not one of our priorities.
Don’t let... ››› more
- [02 December 2014]
- How much should you save for retirement depending on age
- How much should you save for retirement? This question is on everyone's mind sooner or later.
You should perform a reality check on a regular basis before retirement, to make sure you are on the right track.
Most financial experts recommend that you save between 10 and 15 percent of your current income for retirement.
It’s important to set certain targets and milestones when to reasse... ››› more
- [27 November 2014]
- Are you on the right track with your retirement planning?
- Depending on how close you are to retirement and what you wish to do during the golden years, you can be on the right track or not.
Planning for retirement means looking out for yourself. You can't rely on state pensions and employer benefits if you want to live comfortably during retirement. You need to take charge of your retirement by saving regularly and investing at your own comfort level... ››› more
- [24 November 2014]
- Retirement planning checklist
- If retirement is quickly approaching and you know that there is no more time to waste, then it's time to get more organized and determined in your planning.
Here is a checklist of things you should do before and during retirement, to ensure that you have everything under control.
1. Make sure you can afford to retire. You may want to retire when the time is right, but can you actually afford ... ››› more
- [19 November 2014]
- Questions to ask yourself before retiring abroad
- When you're approaching retirement and have to consider all your options, it's possible to think about retiring abroad.
The decision to move abroad is not an easy one, and it should be treated with a lot of responsibility. Before making such an important decision, ask yourself a few questions.
Regarding health care
Health care is one of the biggest concerns for retirees looking to retir... ››› more
- [18 November 2014]
Watch And Learn