- Painless ways to boost retirement savings
- If you're getting closer to retirement and trying to catch up on your savings, there's no better time to take action than now.
Saving for retirement doesn't have to be complicated. We complicate things by procrastinating, not saving enough, and not taking action.
If we started saving 10 to 15 percent of our monthly income for retirement in our 20s, we would be able to retire comfortably, wit... ››› more
- [11 September 2014]
- Four ways to jump-start your retirement savings
- If you're approaching retirement and still have a lot of saving to do, don't be alarmed: it's never too late to save more for retirement. Take action today and increase retirement savings, to secure your future.
Maybe you're a big spender or a procrastinator and that's why you haven't been able to save enough for retirement. Or perhaps life hasn't always been good to you and has made it impossi... ››› more
- [10 September 2014]
- Five things to do after retirement
- After decades of working full-time, retirement is the time to relax and enjoy life again.
Everyone has different plans for retirement. Some want to travel the world, others want to take up new hobbies, while others want to spend as much time as possible with their grandchildren.
If you’re approaching retirement, it’s time to start planning now. You don’t want to reach retirement withou... ››› more
- [09 September 2014]
- Nene takes steps to reassure South Africans that their retirement funds are not at risk of being nationalised
- Yesterday at the National Assembly, finance minister Nhlanhla Nene said that rumours the government was going to nationalise retirement savings were untrue.
This comes as reports suggest some employees are cashing out of their retirement funds as they fear their money is at risk.
Let's take a closer look at what's going on…
What are the plans of the government’s retirement fund ref... ››› more
- [05 September 2014]
- Four tips to retire comfortably
- Everyone wants to retire comfortably and enjoy all the benefits that come with retirement: having time for yourself, time to pursue your hobbies and try new activities, traveling the world, and spending time with family.
Unfortunately, our plans for retirement will not be successful unless we work to make them happen. If you want to retire comfortably and happily, you must start preparing for t... ››› more
- [05 September 2014]
- Five simple tips to boost your retirement savings
- If you don't plan for retirement, it will take you by surprise. There was a time when retiring was much simpler and you didn't have to worry about not having enough money to support yourself during retirement.
But those times have changed. Now you have to start saving for retirement as early as possible, preferably in your 20's, if you want to enjoy the benefits of retiring comfortably.
Wheth... ››› more
- [05 September 2014]
- Five retirement catch-up strategies for late starters
- If you're quickly approaching retirement but feel you don't have nearly enough money to cover the costs that come with it, there's no better time to take action than today.
What you do today can either consolidate your future or destroy it.
Maybe you haven’t been able to save enough money for retirement because you’ve had many other urgent expenses, have gone through career changes and j... ››› more
- [03 September 2014]
- Pension scam alert: How you can avoid falling victim to a pension scam
- Yesterday, the Financial Services Board (FSB) revealed that a company was operating in the Vanderbijlpark area reportedly to help clients claim excess pension funds.
The FSB says that the company is not authorised to conduct such business.
Let's take a closer look at what happened and what you can do to avoid being involved in such a scam…
The FSB has concerns over the business deal... ››› more
- [02 September 2014]
- How to adapt to life after retirement
- As you approach retirement, many thoughts may be going through your head. Being financially prepared for retirement is only part of it.
You also need to learn to adjust to the multitude of changes that will come and not allow yourself to be overwhelmed by them.
How will your life change after retirement? And how can you manage to live happily after retiring?
Here are a few ways to adapt ... ››› more
- [02 September 2014]
- Three questions to ask yourself before retirement
- When you're young, chances are that retirement is not on your mind. You have better things to think about. And who could blame you?
But when you approach retirement age, you start thinking more and more about how you'll spend your golden years, if you'll have enough money to get by, and how you can prepare yourself best for this period.
Preparing for retirement means that you have to assess ... ››› more
- [01 September 2014]
- Four ways to grow your nest egg
- If you're approaching retirement and still haven't started investing in your nest egg, don't be alarmed. You can still catch up and save enough money to live comfortably during retirement, as long as you take this process seriously and start saving now.
If you need help catching up on your retirement savings, here are four ways to grow your nest egg starting now.
1. Start saving now
Not ... ››› more
- [29 August 2014]
- How to determine how much you need to save for retirement
- Do you know how much money you need to save for retirement? Can you be sure that you'll have enough money to live comfortably and worry-free during retirement?
If you're already approaching retirement age, you should have a clear picture of how retirement will look like for you and how much money you need to have saved up until then.
Although there are no general guidelines when it comes to h... ››› more
- [28 August 2014]
- 5 retirement mistakes to avoid
- Many people feel unprepared when it comes to retirement. The simple thought of retirement can cause people to feel anxious and overwhelmed.
To prevent these feelings and become more relaxed when approaching retirement, you need to plan ahead wisely and avoid making some very foreseeable mistakes.
The following retirement planning mistakes are very common, but the good news is that they can... ››› more
- [26 August 2014]
- Five simple ways to boost your retirement savings
- Whether you're heading towards retirement or you're still young, it's never too early to start saving for this period of your life.
Increasing your retirement savings should be a priority, especially if you've only got a few years to go until you retire.
With so many monthly expenses, it may seem practically impossible to put aside money for your retirement. The good news is that it can be ... ››› more
- [25 August 2014]
- Five tips for adjusting to retirement
- For many, retirement seems like a dream come true. You have all the time in the world to do whatever you fancy, you can travel the world, visit relatives, take up new hobbies, and treat yourself to everything you've ever dreamed of.
However, not everyone retires happily and comfortably. Sometimes we are forced to take drastic measures to adjust to retirement, simply because we haven't saved en... ››› more
- [21 August 2014]
Watch And Learn