- How to become thrifty and save big
- Saving doesn't come easy for most of us, since we're so accustomed to spending. But anyone can learn how to become more frugal and get in the habit of saving.
Here are a few creative ways to become thrifty and save.
1. Ask for discounts
Did you know that you can call service providers and request a discount, especially if you’re a loyal customer? You can tell them that you are having f... ››› more
- [14 November 2014]
- Can you really afford Christmas this year?
- Christmas is the time of giving. But with giving comes spending.
Unfortunately, at Christmas, many of us throw caution to the wind and spend lavishly - Even though we can't afford it.
It's the time of year when we think, “I'll worry about that next year.”
So before you embark on your Christmas spending frenzy, here's a little Christmas carol just for you…
Have yourself a me... ››› more
- [12 November 2014]
- Five reasons you can't save enough
- If you're a big spender, you're probably terrible when it comes to saving. Not to worry, though, because anyone can learn how to manage their money right and get into the habit of saving.
How you manage your budget and how much importance you place on saving says a lot about you. If you are constantly struggling to save more, but can't seem to manage, you're probably doing something wrong.
He... ››› more
- [11 November 2014]
- Money saving tips for families on a budget
- Saving sure is hard work, especially if you don't have much money to go on in the first place. However, good saving habits can be taught. With a bit of self-discipline and lots of determination, you can increase your savings every month.
Since we live in consumer driven society, we strongly believe that goods are the key to happiness. It's time to take a stand and leave the consumer behavior be... ››› more
- [05 November 2014]
- Three steps to wealth creation
- Building wealth is on everyone's wishlist, yet very few people actually get to make it happen. Although it may seem impossible to many, building wealth is quite simple in theory, the problem is putting theory into practice.
As challenging as it may seem, you can build wealth on your own, without inheriting a large sum of money or winning the lottery.
Here are three simple ways to create wealt... ››› more
- [03 November 2014]
- How to start an emergency fund
- Most people know that they should be saving for unexpected events, such as a job loss, sickness, or home repairs, but they lack the discipline and never actually get to the saving part.
Starting an emergency fund should be a priority, not an option. Since you can't predict the future and unplanned events happen all the time, having a certain amount in savings is both smart and necessary.
If ... ››› more
- [30 October 2014]
- Five ways to make yourself save more money
- Saving doesn't come easy for most of us. When you're not making enough to live comfortably, you probably think that you can't afford to save. People who earn less have more trouble saving than others, although they could be saving each month, even if it's only a small amount.
How can you teach yourself to save more money each month? Here are five ways to get started.
1. Change your attitude t... ››› more
- [28 October 2014]
- How to manage money in your 30s
- In your thirties, you get to experience life at its fullest. This is one of the best decades of your life, as it is now that you are likely to start a family, advance in your career, and find your purpose in life.
How you manage your money in your 30s will greatly impact your entire financial future. That's why you need to treat financial planning in your thirties with the utmost seriousness.
... ››› more
- [27 October 2014]
- How to choose the right annuity
- Choosing the right annuity is essential for soon-to-be retirees who don't have enough money in savings in order to live comfortably during retirement.
There are different types of annuities out there and you must make sure you understand what each of them entails before making a decision.
Annuities are especially beneficial for people nearing retirement age and for those who wish to protect ... ››› more
- [23 October 2014]
- Five ways to save money by going green
- Going green will not only help the planet, it will also help you save big on your monthly bills. By making small adjustments to your lifestyle, you can end up with more money in your account at the end of the month.
Here are five simple things you can do starting today to secure a better future for your children and increase your monthly savings.
Green saving tip #1: Turn off and unplug elect... ››› more
- [22 October 2014]
- Four steps to achieve financial wellness
- Reaching financial wellness may be your dream, but what are you actually doing to achieve this goal? It takes a lot of discipline and determination to become financially independent.
In order to become financially independent, you must learn to plan, save, and revise your budget on a regular basis.
Let’s take a look at four ways that allow you to achieve financial wellness.
1. Know whe... ››› more
- [21 October 2014]
- Five signs your relationship with money is toxic
- We have an ongoing and oftentimes troublesome relationship with money. We can't live without it, we never seem to have enough, and when we do have it, we can't manage to save it.
How is your relationship with money? It may be toxic if it shows the following signs…
1. You’re obsessed with it
Obsessions are never healthy. If you’re obsessed with money, you feel that you never have e... ››› more
- [16 October 2014]
- Financial planning tips for those who are struggling to save
- Are you struggling to save more money each month, but never seem to get it right? In a world that is obsessed with consumption, where we are constantly encouraged to spend more, it can be quite difficult to save.
You need quite a lot of self-discipline and motivation to get into the habit of saving. After all, everywhere you look, you are told that you should buy more things. Many people consid... ››› more
- [16 October 2014]
- Five dumb excuses that keep you from saving money
- How many times have you said to yourself: “I can't afford to save now. I'll save later, when I earn more money”?
We can come up with many excuses for not saving money, but, in the end, we're only fooling ourselves. We're not only fooling ourselves, we're also preventing ourselves from enjoying a more financially secure future.
What excuses are keeping you from saving more money each mont... ››› more
- [13 October 2014]
- Top five tips for managing your finances
- Most people have trouble managing their finances. They don't know where to begin, how to save, in which areas to reduce expenses. Establishing a budget and sticking to it doesn't mean that all your money problems are over. There are many other aspects to consider when it comes to properly managing your finances.
Managing your finances takes effort and discipline. Here are five tips to get you st... ››› more
- [09 October 2014]
Watch And Learn