- Why you should start an emergency fund
- Good financial planning always includes having an emergency fund.
An emergency fund helps you be prepared for unknown future events, such as unexpected illness, a job loss, a car repair, or a quick home repair.
Since you never know what the future will bring, it’s important to always be prepared. The emergency fund is designed to cover expenses when you can’t manage otherwise.
It’... ››› more
- [29 August 2014]
- Five ways to save by living a green life
- Changing your lifestyle and embracing a “greener” way of living can benefit you in many ways. It not only saves the planet, but it also reduces your spending and helps you save more each month.
By implementing some simple changes into your daily life, you can save more money and help the planet at the same time.
Here are five simple ways to save by living a green life.
1. Use less wa... ››› more
- [28 August 2014]
- How to keep track of your spending
- Keeping track of your spending can seem like a cumbersome task. But if you want to take charge of your life and learn how to better manage your finances, tracking your spending is one of the first things you should do.
You can find plenty of online tools that can help you track your spending much more easily. You can determine your budget and spending goals and track your progress.
If you wa... ››› more
- [27 August 2014]
- How to save for your child's education
- When it comes to your child's future, you can never be too well prepared.
You may need to save more or less for your child's education, depending on where you want to send him off to school.
Although you may think that you can't afford to save for your child's education, it doesn't have to be that difficult. The most important thing is to start saving as early as possible.
With the risin... ››› more
- [25 August 2014]
- 5 tips for stress-free money management
- Learning how to properly manage your finances early on can bring significant benefits in the long run. The sooner you start saving for future, the better off you will be and the more comfortable you will feel.
It's not enough to make money, you also need to know how to properly manage it.
If you want to stay on top of your finances, here are five tips that will save you a lot of money probl... ››› more
- [22 August 2014]
- Three good reasons to start saving now
- Sometimes it can seem like money is scarce and you can never get around to putting any aside. However, the habit of saving money on a regular basis will help you achieve great things in life.
It's so easy to spend money, but so difficult to save it. Sticking to a budget and living within your means are crucial when you're trying to save money.
Why should you start saving money? If you don't ... ››› more
- [20 August 2014]
- Five simple tips to grow your savings
- Building a nest egg should be a top priority for everyone. Unfortunately, we often forget that we should be saving more and we get carried away with spending money on useless things.
If you haven't started saving toward your nest egg, then it's high time you should. Start now with as little as you can, every step counts.
Don't postpone saving for a later time in the future because you might ... ››› more
- [01 August 2014]
- How a lazy bugger financial advisor could cost you R14,949
- A friend of mine, Isaac, decided that in addition to investing in individual shares he also wanted to save a monthly amount into an ETF. It's a hassle free way to save for the long run with lower risk than a share picking portfolio.
So Isaac contacted his bank and asked his financial advisor which ETFs would be suitable to invest a monthly sum into. His advisor actually gave him a sensible comb... ››› more
- [01 August 2014]
- Five habits of financially secure people
- The secret to financial security is discipline. When you stay focused, live within your means, save regularly, and have clear financial goals, you are more likely to become financially secure.
There are no shortcuts to financial stability. You have to set clear goals and work towards achieving them.
Here are five habits of financially secure and successful people.
1. They save consistent... ››› more
- [31 July 2014]
- Five savvy ways to save
- Saving is crucial for building a comfortable and secure financial future. You never know what the future holds, so it's important to take precautionary measures and save money, so you're not caught off guard by unexpected expenses.
You may not want to waste money, but this is often the case. That's because it's much easier to waste money than it is to save it.
Living within your means and a... ››› more
- [30 July 2014]
- With National Savings Month drawing to a close, the OneRandMan is struggling to make ends meet
- In a social experiment marking National Savings Month, the ‘OneRandMan' is coming to terms with the harsh reality of surviving on his salary without any access to credit.
At the beginning of the month, the OneRandMan took delivery of his salary in R1 coins. He has no access to any form of electronic payment, including debit and credit cards.
With the month coming to an end, he's finding th... ››› more
- [29 July 2014]
- Smart ways to save money when traveling
- We all know how expensive traveling can be. No matter how much you plan ahead, you are still bound to exceed your budget due to unexpected expenses.
Before choosing your next travel destination, take some time to research and find the most affordable options available.
You can save plenty of money on your next vacation by making smarter choices.
Here are some smart ways to save money w... ››› more
- [28 July 2014]
- How to beat inflation and grow your savings
- Last week, figures showed that South Africa's rate of inflation is now at 6.6%. This is above the Reserve Bank's target range of between 3% and 6%.
But have you thought about what high inflation does to your savings? To ensure that your money has the same spending power, you need to earn 6.6% in the bank to breakeven. And chances are that's not the case.
So what's the best way to beat inflat... ››› more
- [28 July 2014]
- Five reasons to open a savings account
- These days, few people can say that they have a generous amount in their savings accounts.
In tough economic times, most people find themselves struggling to get by and feel it is practically impossible to save money.
Here are a few good reasons to open a savings account.
1. You have money in case of an emergency
Should you have an urgent medical expense or another type of emergency... ››› more
- [25 July 2014]
- Best ways to save money on groceries
- Have you ever kept track of how much money you spend on groceries every month? The results might surprise or even scare you.
Since groceries are becoming more and more expensive, we need to look for efficient ways to reduce our grocery bill and save money.
Eating at home instead of dining out is one of the best ways to save money in the long run. It can also be much healthier, since you wou... ››› more
- [23 July 2014]
Watch And Learn