- How to get into the savings habit
- We all know that we should save more money, yet we keep making excuses and end up wasting more money than we should.
We need an emergency fund that we can access anytime to cover unexpected expenses, as well as a long-term savings account.
Most people do not have enough savings to cover unexpected expenses for health care, car repair, or other type of emergencies.
To protect yourself fro... ››› more
- [22 July 2014]
- 5 frugal living tips that will help you save big
- In uncertain economic times, it's essential that we have more money saved to cover essential expenses.
Adopting a more frugal lifestyle can help you increase your savings and help you become more relaxed when it comes to your finances.
How many times have you found yourself spending money on products or services you don't really need? It's time to put a stop the spending sprees and become mo... ››› more
- [18 July 2014]
- How to start saving for a rainy day
- We all know that we should put more money aside for a rainy day. However, most of us neglect to do this.
Whether it's because you are not disciplined and haven't been taught to save money, you live from paycheck to paycheck, or you simply haven't given it much thought, it's important that you start saving money right now.
You never know when you'll need an emergency fund. That's why it's sm... ››› more
- [17 July 2014]
- How could you handle your finances if you used R1 coins to pay for EVERYTHING? That's exactly what the OneRandMan is doing for National Savings Month
- To mark National Savings Month, one man is getting in touch with his finances.
At the beginning of July, he took delivery of his salary in R1 coins. He can't use his debit cards, credit cards or any other form of electronic payment. He must pay for everything in R1 coins.
So two weeks into this social experiment, how is he getting on? Let's find out…
A social experiment examining the r... ››› more
- [16 July 2014]
- Financial planning mistakes to avoid at any age
- When it comes to financial planning, we're not always as qualified as we might think to make the smartest decisions.
We all want to increase our wealth and make smart financial decisions, yet we keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Such mistakes prevent us from achieving true wealth and maximizing our investments.
Here are some top financial planning mistakes to avoid making.
... ››› more
- [14 July 2014]
- Do you know how to properly organize your finances?
- Keeping your finances organized is a time-consuming task. Not everyone is born with the ability to plan, organize, and schedule, so it can be difficult for some to keep their finances in order.
Taking control of your finances helps you have a more balanced and relaxed personal life. It's also useful in keeping spending under control.
If your financial life is a disaster, here are a few ways... ››› more
- [09 July 2014]
- Quick tips to manage your savings
- Saving money may not be your top priority right now, but the sooner you start doing it, the better off you will be.
Why should you start saving money? Everyone has their own reasons to save money, starting from having some cash on hand in case of emergency to buying a fancy house or going on a luxury holiday.
Whatever your reasons for saving cash, it's important to know how to properly man... ››› more
- [08 July 2014]
- The one piece of financial planning advice that works… regardless
- When it comes to the world of finance and investments, there isn't a ‘one shoe fits all' approach. Things can work slightly differently for everyone depending on a whole host of factors. But there's one thing that works for everyone. That is ‘start earlier and save more'. When it comes to savings, this financial planning nugget works for everybody. Let's take a closer look at why this is and w... ››› more
- [19 May 2014]
- Your bank wants you to make this mistake!
- “Francois, I have R20,000 that's been lying in a savings account for 20 years now - I've finally decided I want to invest the money and make a return to supplement my retirement…” - M
So M wants to invest her money after years of keeping it in a savings account. Turns out she received R15,000 cash 20 years ago as part of her inheritance.
But then she made the biggest mistake she possib... ››› more
- [14 April 2014]
- Buying on credit? You could be paying double what you think you are!
- Chances are, you've bought something on credit.
But do you really know how much it's costing you?
The scary thing is that most people are being ripped off and don't actually know it!
While you may know about the interest charges on your credit lending, when it comes to paying off the credit actual interest rate you pay can be far more than double what retailers tell you it is!
Today I'm going ... ››› more
- [02 August 2013]
- You can have plenty of FREE lunches with this one card
- You, me and everyone else need groceries to live right? So when you go to Pick n Pay, you'll simply hand your Smart Shopper Card to the cashier when you pay. At first, I have to be honest, the amount of points I was getting sounded negligible in terms of value. I thought I'd never gain enough points to pay for anything! But I admit I was wrong… Now I'm very glad I got the Smart Shoppers card. Be... ››› more
- [29 July 2013]
- One little lie could cost you hundreds of thousands of rands
- Nick was a 44 year old husband and father of two.
He tragically passed away after being diagnosed with cancer.
Luckily for Nick's family, he had taken out a life insurance policy.
So the loss of their loved one didn’t seem that it’d be compounded with the inheritance of Nick’s bills.
But when making the claim, the insurance company refused to pay out!
They claimed that Nick ha... ››› more
- [25 July 2013]
- Check this out and you can save thousands!
- My friend Sergio loves buying new technology. He goes to as many sites as he can to find the new technology devices that have just been released in South Africa. He gave me a call the other day, to ask me about the prices of a GPS. Now mind you, I am not very technologically savvy when it comes to the best deals and features. But that day I was able to help him. Sergio was searching on the interne... ››› more
- [24 July 2013]
- How just R284 could save you more than 15% on your fuel every month
- The price of petrol is at all-time highs. 23% higher than a year ago! And it's likely we will see another increase in prices next month. When will it end?
The high costs of petrol have many impacts on your life. Not only does filling up become more expensive but other forms of transport also now have higher costs to consider. Food costs more as it‘s transported from suppliers to your local s... ››› more
- [22 July 2013]
- Three tips on living the millionaire lifestyle at your favourite restaurant
- We all want to treat our loved ones and indulge them on memorable and romantic dates. They deserve nothing less… There's nothing more relaxing and comfortable than going to your favourite elite restaurant once in a while enjoying the cuisines from top chefs and appreciating its wonderful ambience. But, the price of meals keeps on rising. In fact they are increasing at a faster rate than the rat... ››› more
- [18 July 2013]
Watch And Learn