- Cut your credit card bills instantly!
- “What credit cards offer the lowest rates?” I'm sure you've asked the same question at one point in your life! In fact, I get asked this question on the money club often… And after thorough research, I've found an easy way for you to instantly cut down on those hefty rates. Better yet, this method will give you the maximum rewards for your credit cards!
When you’re spoilt for choice... ››› more
- [18 July 2013]
- We're midway through National Savings Month, have you kick-started your savings yet?
- July marks National Savings Month. By raising awareness, the South African Savings Institute hopes that more South Africans will save money regularly, rather than spend it. Read on to uncover why savings are crucial to the economy and one easy tip to help you save more…
Formed ten years ago, the South African Savings Institute is responsible for creating a “strong savings culture with a resu... ››› more
- [16 July 2013]
- Drink more water, you can save over R2400 per month!
- If you are a water drinker like me, then boy do I have some money saving tips for you.
We have all heard we need to drink eight glasses of water a day, but the question is WHEN?
Since I read an article on water, I have saved over R2, 400 in one month by drinking it at the right time.
So this means I will be saving over R28, 800 a year and best of all, you can too!
I'm thrilled to te... ››› more
- [10 July 2013]
- Your emergency cash stash: The importance of a savings account
- While having your money work hard for you is paramount to financial security and your retirement nest egg, it's also important to have some money tucked away you can access quickly for emergencies. A savings account provides exactly that function. Here's what you need to consider when it comes to ‘rainy day' savings…
Savings accounts are the least risky place you can put you money. Your mone... ››› more
- [04 July 2013]
- Experience the City of Lights with its landmarks for less
- Paris's seductive charms are legendary, and for good reason… Charming sidewalk cafés, gleaming boutiques and landmark museums. A fabled restaurant scene makes Paris the runway model of cities: Beautiful, fashionable and rousing envy at every turn. But if you're a tourist in Paris, like in any other country you'll always have a few niggles to deal with.
I'm talking about the snaking queues ... ››› more
- [02 July 2013]
- Saving for a rainy day? Here's how to snowball your savings
- Whatever you're saving up for, be it a deposit for your dream home, a holiday of a lifetime or a tidy sum to invest on the stock market, here's how you can boost your savings…
When you save your hard earned rands, and especially once your savings start to grow, you’ll have the benefit of regular interest being paid into your account.
The interest you receive will depend on what type of sa... ››› more
- [02 July 2013]
- Up to 95% of the electricity you pay for is being wasted!
- With the price of electricity going through the roof, and cold winter conditions seeing your electricity bills heading higher, I decided to share with you some insights from one of my international colleagues, Dave Fessler from Investment U, on how to reduce your lighting costs…Make more with less By Dave Fessler
South Africa and the rest of the world desperately need to cut down on wasted en... ››› more
- [27 June 2013]
- What you can learn about saving from dieting
- Saving money is, at its core, like dieting. Dieting is the practice of eating food in a way to control your future body weight. Similarly, looking at how you spend and save money is a way to control your future finances. We all know what the effect of bad diet and unhealthy food is on our bodies…
In the same way as eating the wrong foods or eating too much can harm us, bad spending habits an... ››› more
- [06 June 2013]
- Why you still feel poor even though you got a pay increase
- As you climb the corporate ladder, your salary increases .So you get a bigger house, new flashy car, you go to the fancy restaurants, and order expensive lattes every work day. These are just a few of the common things you do due to having more money. You suddenly seem to need more stuff right?
As you get more money, you get more ‘stuff' and then a bizarre thing happens: even though you're m... ››› more
- [31 May 2013]
- Piggy bank basics - how to teach your kids about dough
- One of the most valuable favours you can do for your child is to teach them about money, this means passing onto your children good money management skills. You see, showing kids the simple steps, such as how to budget and shop around for the best price, will instil in them good money habits for life's journey. This will ensure they won't be on the family payroll even when they're well into the... ››› more
- [27 May 2013]
- Retired? Here's how to live it up for less….
- Retired? Here's how to live it up for less... You've worked all your life, put in the toil and sweat… Now it's time to enjoy your golden years. Where you can spend more time with your family, go on that holiday you've been putting off for ever because you were always busy chasing work deadlines. But retirement isn't so clear cut these days, when it's finally time to hang your boots, there's a m... ››› more
- [13 May 2013]
- A simple jab can save you up to R1380 a year
- Getting ill is not only unnecessary but a pain in the proverbial throat. Don't you hate waking up in the morning for work, only to find that you have been hit with the dreaded flu? You've got to deal with nasal congestion, swollen glands aching muscles, headaches, lethargy and so on. Does this sound familiar to you?
Well heres the thing!
An average person gets sick around twice a... ››› more
- [30 April 2013]
- Slash your call rates and leave Telkom in the dust. Here's how...
- Whenever I speak to my father on my cell phone I always hear his voice booming, “Why are you calling me on your cell phone? Don't you know how expensive it is? Stop wasting money and phone me back when you get home!”
Although he's right, when you're out on the road and need to make a call, you've got no choice but to use your cell phone and tally up those hefty bills.
Well I've got news for ... ››› more
- [19 April 2013]
- The alternative to Microsoft Office that won't cost you a thing
- I used to think that if you buy a personal computer, you had to buy the Microsoft Office suite too. I mean, after all, most of the work I do is typed into Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Then I came across a website that offers software, with similar functions to its Windows counterpart… In fact, you can still edit and create documents in the Microsoft Office format!
But, th... ››› more
- [12 April 2013]
- Use carpooling to save money on travel costs ahead of more parking fees in Jo'burg…
- Joburg motorists already face many travel-related expenses. In addition to the ever-rising petrol price and e-tolls, you'll pay more for parking on the streets soon as over two dozen areas in Johannesburg are being assessed for the possible introduction of paid parking schemes. But there are some ways to save money on your travel costs…
The petrol price is expected to go up by another 1.4c a ... ››› more
- [26 March 2013]
Watch And Learn