- Am I going to lose R45,000 in my CFD trade?
- Here's a question I got from Tony last week:
“I am new to Trading and having bought your Red Hot Storm Trader Service I am not sure what my loss would be if a trade went sour - I use your example below:
If you buy 10 Sasol shares at R450 per share and at a gearing of 10 times, you'd only have to pay R4,500 (R450 X 10).
So essentially, you're buying 100 CFDs on Sasol.
You'll have an e... ››› more
- [25 August 2016]
- What nonsense! Why you don't need 10,000 hours to become a successful Forex trader
- Dear Trading Tips reader,
I am sure you have heard someone say that you need 10,000 hours of trading experience to master the art.
This is certainly the case for many career options such as becoming a professional golfer, rugby player or even a movie star. But I really don't believe that this is the case for Forex trading. In fact, that really is nonsense as far as I'm concerned!
With the... ››› more
- [18 August 2016]
- This trading strategy is so simple I can explain it fully in just one little sentence
- There are literally thousands of technical trading strategies.
They range from complex, signal-generating algorithms to dirt simple “Day Trading Breakout Strategies”.
In fact, a “Day Trading Breakout Strategy” is so simple I can explain it fully in a single sentence:
Here is the strategy in just one sentence!
A “Day Trading Breakout Strategy” tells you to ride daily momen... ››› more
- [18 August 2016]
- Find out how much money you need to start trading for a living
- “How much money do I need to start trading for a living?”
You've asked this question before. Maybe when you signed up to MoneyMorning, Trading Tips or when you made your first trade.
How much do you need to start trading for a living? Well, this purely depends on you and the lifestyle you want to live.
Do you want to spoil your spouse and take her to a restaurant once a week of her c... ››› more
- [11 August 2016]
- I'm taking my first trade but don't know what to say to my broker, PLEASE HELP?
- Q: "What buy instruction do I give to the broker? This is the first time I'm taking a trade I don't want to confuse the broker or myself" - W
A: I remember the first time I wanted to buy a share on the JSE in 2003, many years ago. The problem was…
I had no clue what to do or what to say to my broker.
Well, if you're a first time trader and you're not sure what to say to your broker, the... ››› more
- [28 July 2016]
- For the first time in five years, I've added a new stock to my watch list!
- If you've been reading some of my articles in Trading Tips and MoneyMorning, you'll probably know I'm quite a stubborn trader.
Stubborn with the proven strategy and money management rules I've followed for the last 12 years. Stubborn with listening to the media and opinions of others.
And stubborn with the number of shares I watch on a daily basis.
In fact, I only look at 23 shares to tra... ››› more
- [28 July 2016]
- Revealed: The biggest trading scam of the century
- One of my ongoing quests in life, is to find the scams that are losing traders and investors all their money.
At least once a week, I Google this exact phrase.
“How to get rich quick with trading?"
You'll be surprised at the number of unregistered companies and individuals there are, trying to swindle people's hard earned money.
But the scam I want to talk to you about today is the B... ››› more
- [19 July 2016]
- How the late Muhammad Ali can help with your trading success!
- We have lost yet another legend.
Not only was Muhammad Ali a former Olympic gold medallist and first fighter to win the world heavyweight title three times, he was also an inspiring, controversial and outspoken figure for life and for racial pride.
Sure, sometimes he did sound a bit overconfident and cocky. But that's what made him the success he was.
One of my hobbies in life is to fo... ››› more
- [30 June 2016]
- How Timon Rossolimos is helping his readers avoid costly trading mistakes
- Imagine how Timon Rossolimos, the head of the Trading Desk here at FSPInvest must feel like after reading these comments from his subscribers...
“I learn more from your service than anything else I subscribe to.” Debra K
“As a complete beginner trader, I really appreciate your clear and concise explanations.” - Stefan R
“I have subscribed to several services about trading and y... ››› more
- [17 June 2016]
- Long or short - How to profit from the rise and the fall!
- The JSE's performance over the last seven days has been dismal to say the least. It's down 3.22% and nobody seems to know when it's going to stop.
Every major sector on the JSE has decreased taking the shares down with it.
Financials - Down 1.53%
Resources - Decreased 1.79%
Industrials - Fell 1.12%
Gold mining - Tanked 4.12%
But despite this poor performance, there are opportunities... ››› more
- [15 June 2016]
- Gold might be going up, but don't even think about buying these gold stocks!
- Over the last two months we've seen the gold price trickle from its low at $1,053 to $1,292 an ounce.
South African investors worldwide are piling into gold stocks.
This is a big problem according to my analysis.
You see, South Africa might have been the world's biggest gold producer, but not anymore!
In 1970, South Africa produced over 67.7% of the world's gold production.
But now it... ››› more
- [03 June 2016]
- Which trading platforms are the best for inexperienced traders?
- I thought you may be interested in these recent trading questions I received on our www.investorsclub.co.za
Remember, I'm always here to help, when you have a question.
• Do you recommend we adjust our stop losses?
• Who are the best brokers?
• How much money do you need to start with Forex trading?
• Could you verify my analysis of the GBP/USD chart?
Q: Do you recommend we adj... ››› more
- [03 June 2016]
- 3 CFD strategies to help you trade a volatile market…
- Last week, we published the kind of recommendation I prefer not to put into the public domain.
• First, it was a short-recommendation.
• Second it was a short-recommendation on an established, stable and, what most people would consider, blue-chip company.
• Third, it used a fairly advanced trading instrument that's often misunderstood by the general public.
But, in spite of these ... ››› more
- [23 May 2016]
- I only publish a short/sell idea once in a blue moon
- Gary Booysen, Rand Swiss Portfolio manager, and professional trader, has just uncovered a powerful short-term short-trading profit opportunity for you in South Africa's telecoms sector. If you're interested in taking on the risks involved with shorting geared trading instruments - in exchange for the massive gains up for grabs - then you will want to read on for Gary's full technical analysis on t... ››› more
- [12 May 2016]
- Three key factors that may cause a little turbulence when you trade Forex
- Losing money when you trade, is inevitable. It's impossible to always predict with certainty what the Forex market will do. Especially when you're dealing with a $5.3 trillion a day industry. But what if I told you that if you know how to recognise these three factors, you can control the market turbulence. Let's get to it. Factor #1: Most Forex traders ignore unpredictable events, which can shake... ››› more
- [03 May 2016]
Watch And Learn