- Boutique wine investing: Stick to this rule or you'll miss out!
- While most people define boutique wine as wines that come in wineries with ‘small production', ‘artisanal' or even ‘cult' like status, the truth is: You can consider any winery that creates a small number of bottles a year a boutique winery. And that means you need to take advantage of them fast to ensure you don't miss out…
“Don’t sit on your laurels!”
That’s the rule wine ... ››› more
- [09 October 2013]
- Silverthorn MCCs - the perfect way to celebrate any occasion
- There's nothing quite like cracking open a bottle of sparkling wine when you want to celebrate good news or a special occasion with your loved ones. And what better way to celebrate, than by experiencing the award-winning taste of one of South Africa's premier sparkling wine producers: Silverthorn Methode Cap Classique sparkling wines.
Nestled in the heart of the Robertson Valley lies Silverth... ››› more
- [11 September 2013]
- Celebrate Madiba this Heritage Day with House of Mandela Wines
- With National Heritage Day just around the corner, there's no better way to celebrate being South African than opening a bottle of wine from one of our world famous vineyards? And now you can do just that, while still celebrating one of the most iconic figures ever to don a South African passport: Nelson Mandela. It's all thanks to House of Mandela Wines…
September 24 is Heritage Day!
A d... ››› more
- [29 August 2013]
- Revealed: The wine that set alight the pens and tongues of Jane Austen, Napoleon and 50 Shades of Grey readers
- In Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen called it the ‘cure for a broken heart'… When Napoleon Bonaparte was forced into exile on the island of Elba, he requested 30 bottles of it be shipped to him each month to ease his confinement… French poet Charles Baudelaire, said that only the lips of a lover surpassed it in heavenly sweetness… And now, E.L James, author of the worldwide sensation 50 ... ››› more
- [22 August 2013]
- Don't dismiss sweet wines - it's a big mistake!
- Because of their sweetness, many wine drinkers view sweet wines with an air of disdain. They either associate them with drunken nights at varsity where the cheapest wines they could afford were also the sweetest... Or live under the false premise that sweet wines are just for ladies. This isn't true. A good sweet wine can be just as delicious and inspiring for your dinner guests as a mature Bordea... ››› more
- [15 August 2013]
- Vergelegen: A vineyard producing true legacy wines
- Many wine collectors let quirky, modern branding seduce them into an inferior wine. But the true collector knows that wine with a legacy becomes more valuable with time. Here are the benefits of buying wine from a historically rich background, and why Vergelegen is a wine collector's dream…
When it comes to buying investment quality wines – wines that can go into your wine rack and impress y... ››› more
- [07 August 2013]
- Vergelegen V 2008: A wine collector's dream
- To be an exceptional wine collector, you need exceptional wine. What counts as an exceptional wine? Firstly it must be utterly delicious. It must be prestigious, and that prestige must be built on a solid history. And Vergelegen V 2008 meets and exceeds all these standards. When it comes to finding that collectors’ gem, there are three factors that make a good wine exceptional, writes FSP Invest... ››› more
- [01 August 2013]
- If you're looking for collectible wines, you can't go wrong with Vergelegen
- As any art collector will know, a Rembrandt or Van Gogh is worth far more than a painting from an unknown artist in Ghana. It's the same with fine wine. And they don't get much more collectible than the wines artfully produced at Somerset West's world renowned Vergelegen Wine Estate…
Anyone can be a wine lover.
But to be a true wine connoisseur, you need to fill your wine rack with the ve... ››› more
- [24 July 2013]
- Four reasons to get stuck into ‘cult' status Boutique Wines
- Tired of perusing the shelves at your local bottle store and always ending up with the same wine in your basket? Then listen up! If you're looking for a wine for a special event that's exclusive (and something different to your usual tipple) it's time to consider Boutique Wines…
Browse through any wine guide and you’ll be inundated with words like “award-winning”, “limited-production... ››› more
- [04 July 2013]
- The Usana Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc 2012: The newest, top class Chenin Blanc to rival the likes of Ken Forrester's FMC!
- The Maiden Vintage release of any new wine is always received with anxious expectation. Expectation as to what the quality of the wine will be, and more so whether the value of the wine will stand up to the price paid. Today, we look at the latest wine offering by Usana Wines: Their Usana Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc 2012...
Usana Wines have been producing boutique-style wines for the past few... ››› more
- [28 June 2013]
- Forget Pinotage, Merlot and Cab Sav - there's a new red wine trend in town…
- For years, Cabernet Sauvignons (Cab Savs), Pinotage and even Merlots, have dominated not only the top spots on prestigious wine rating lists, they've also captured (and held) the imagination of the most seasoned wine drinker. Not anymore! There's a new trend when it comes to red wine drinking (and collecting) and it's setting the wine industry alight…
After years of being passed over for sing... ››› more
- [20 June 2013]
- The secret behind Welgemeend's superb French-style red blends is about more than just grapes…
- When you think “French,” your mind will conjure up images of elegance, sophistication and appreciation for the good things in life. French wines are exactly the same. “They go best with food, never overpowering either in flavour or in alcohol, always well-mannered, often beautiful,” explains winemag.com. However, another word synonymous with French wines is “expensive”. So why would yo... ››› more
- [13 June 2013]
- Jump aboard this Pinot Noir's MAIDEN voyage and be among the first to taste Van Loveren's exciting new release
- Van Loveren wines are synonymous with awards. From its Christiana van Loveren Shiraz to its renowned Merlot, the vineyard is no stranger to racking up review stars and bagging awards for quality and value. Now, comes news that it's just released its first single varietal Pinot Noir - and it's sure to be winner…
“Our philosophy of grape-growing and winemaking is based on a long term uncompro... ››› more
- [06 June 2013]
- Wine investors listen up: These three tips will make you a more profitable investor
- “For centuries, investing in wine was fairly straightforward. You would buy as many cases of classed-growth claret en primeur (as futures) as your budget allowed, watch their value double over the next few years, take delivery of half of them, and sell the remainder to recoup your initial investment” explains GQ Magazine. But things have changes since then. That's why, if you want make serious... ››› more
- [04 June 2013]
- Liv-ex shows why wine's a golden investment, even with inflation rising!
- If you always thought gold was your top investment option, you're sorely mistaken. While gold and fine wine prices have tracked each other in the past ten years, they're now diverging, with fine wine taking the lead as global demand rises. Here's why wine's a golden investment choice…
Wine market tracker Liv-ex has seen prices more than double in almost five years.
That’... ››› more
- [31 May 2013]
Watch And Learn