- If you've always stuck to red wine before, Meerlust's white is good enough to change your taste!
- Ask most wine lovers for their bottle of choice and it'll most likely be a red wine. That's mainly because most connoisseurs see white wine's as a 'lighter' option (as it usually has a lower alcohol content than red) and red wine has more health-boosting properties due to its resveratrol content. But a glass of Meerlust's Chardonnay - the only white wine the vineyard produces - is reason enough t... ››› more
- [30 May 2013]
- Looking for a great investment opportunity? Don't turn your nose up at local wines…
- It may seem like an odd choice of location, but the Gugulethu Wine Festival is proving exceedingly popular with over 3,000 visitors expected to attend the third rendition of this initiative in the Cape Town township this weekend! If you're attending, here's what to look for to ensure you're making a top quality wine investment…
Wine tasting and the culture surrounding viticulture are p... ››› more
- [24 May 2013]
- Looking for a top quality wine that's produced to age? Go for a case of Meerlust's internationally acclaimed wines!
- Chris Williams, winemaker at Meerlust Wine Estate, has proven vintage after vintage that Meerlust wines deserve to be rated within the top echelon of wines produced in South Africa today. The reason? Each Meerlust wine, like the Meerlust Rubicon, simply gets better with age…
If you’re a local wine connoisseur, you’ll have heard of Meerlust. This wine label is so well linked to qual... ››› more
- [23 May 2013]
- Latest international interest proves South African wines are a top notch investment!
- Every year in May, wine investors sit up and pay attention as the chateaux of Bordeaux make their wines available to buy as future options. That's because wines from the Bordeaux region have long been seen as of the highest quality. Now, wine investors across the globe are starting to pay attention to South African wines. Here's why…
South African wines are proving themselves as a hot ... ››› more
- [16 May 2013]
- Marvellous Merlot: ‘Belle of the ball' or ‘better in a blend'?
- Merlot could be considered the Cinderella of the red grapes. Although it can be a ravishing variety in its own right, it is arguably at its best when married with ‘king Cab' and ‘Prince Franc' in the traditional Bordeaux styled blend.
At home in Bordeaux
Merlot is one of the 5 great red grapes of the Bordeaux region of France, where it plays the all important softening role in the blen... ››› more
- [10 May 2013]
- That's just Rosé!
- There's no mistaking the seductive power of rosé. The popularity of pink wine has been on the rise internationally for quite some time, and this trend is not limited to just the ladies, although a little bit of pink bubbly will add a lot more happiness to this Mother's day on Sunday!
Rosé has come a long way from a reputation as cheap and cheerful sweet plonk for picnics.
There is now an... ››› more
- [10 May 2013]
- Make sure you add Nederburg's award-winning 2012 wines to your wine collection…
- Nederburg's South Africa's most awarded winery. Now, it's earned another notch on the post with top scores at the 2013 World Wine Championships held in Chicago this week. Here's what makes this a winning local wine label…
The 2013 World Wine Championships were held in Chicago on Tuesday.
The Beverage Tasting Institute runs the annual championships to award international wine... ››› more
- [09 May 2013]
- ‘House of Mandela' wines could be the next top wine investment…
- As if the Nelson Mandela legacy wasn't already everywhere you look -with a clothing line, collectible artworks and coins bearing his likeness to invest in - there's a new way to ‘celebrate Madiba' and drink to his health. Drink up, wine lovers! Mandela's family has just launched the "House of Mandela" wine range…
Put your worries aside that Nelson Mandela’s name is being further ex... ››› more
- [08 May 2013]
Watch And Learn