- This recovery is happening, whether you're in or not!
- Retail shares have crashed this year, the unsecured lending bubble has popped and mining shares are going nowhere slowly as workers keep striking…
With the market looking like this, what should you invest in?
Well, what about the one sector making a comeback?
Back in 2009 one of the largest construction companies, Murray and Robberts, was worth R50 billion. Today the WHOLE construction ... ››› more
- [15 October 2013]
- Some of the construction sector's woes are over as one union accepts wage offer
- Earlier today, it emerged that one of the unions involved in the construction sector has accepted a wage deal. The Building Construction and Allied Workers' Union (BCAWU) have agreed to a wage hike of between 8% and 10%. Let's take a closer look at what's happening with the strike in the construction sector…
Earlier today, the SA Federation of Civil Engineering Contractors (SAFCEC) said that o... ››› more
- [03 September 2013]
- The strike contagion spreads: Now it's the construction sector's turn
- Earlier today, the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) said that its construction workers were preparing to down tools from Monday. This follows auto manufacturers who've been striking since Monday. And threats of strikes from the textiles sector and the mining sector. Let's have a closer look at what's going on…
NUM said that “90,000 members in the construction industry would go on strike f... ››› more
- [22 August 2013]
- Group Five's share price surges 9.5%
- Yesterday, Group Five surprised the market with a fantastic trading statement. It sent its share price through the roof. Let's have a closer look at what the statement revealed and why the market liked what it saw…
Construction firm, Group Five, released a trading statement yesterday, which sent its share price 9.5% higher.
The company expects its “headline earnings per share 145% to 165%... ››› more
- [23 July 2013]
- Nobody's talking about it, but this could be the best sector to invest in this year!
- Ask anyone what they're investing in this year and you'll hear a wide range of opinions…
"Mining shares are just so cheap you can't avoid them!"
"A new consumer is born every 3 seconds - you need to buy retailers"
"Our banks are in a much better place than international ones; this is a good time to buy"
But the one sector I haven't heard anyone discuss lately is construction. Granted... ››› more
- [04 July 2013]
- R1.46 billion: That's how much bid-rigging cost 15 construction firms
- The results of the Competition Commission's investigation into the construction industry are shocking. Today, it emerged that so far 15 firms have agreed to fines amounting to R1.46 billion for participating in collusive behaviour with other companies. Let's see what the investigation unearthed…
Today, members of the Competition Commission confirmed that the body had “investigated 140 projec... ››› more
- [24 June 2013]
- Don't sell your construction industry shares just yet
- At the World Economic Forum meeting in Davos last month, President Zuma and Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan assured investors that SA's finances are sound and its 37% ratio of debt to GDP is manageable. But the recent construction tender rigging scandal is dampening foreign investors' confidence in the local construction industry. But don't make a hasty investment decision. Here's why you shouldn'... ››› more
- [11 February 2013]
Watch And Learn