- SA firmer, US softer, OPEC may curb production further - Three JSE stocks to buy with updates
- Local markets were slightly firmer across the board last week, assisted by some Rand weakness and better commodity prices. US markets were slightly softer, the UK rallied 1,8% while Europe was flat.
US economic data did not meet expectations, which has called the pace of continued rate hikes into question. The US dollar gave up ground against most major currency pairs. Political uncertainty re... ››› more
- [17 May 2017]
- Use the Rule of Four to keep your portfolio in the green in ANY market
- How you can diversify yourself to safety with the ‘Rule of Four'
What do you do with your money in a crisis? Do you sell your share portfolio? Do you stick everything in a bank account, in property or in gold?
That's the question that popped up around a campfire I had going with friends over the weekend.
Considering South Africa's junk status, state capture and political unrest that'... ››› more
- [19 April 2017]
- Cabinet reshuffle announced - Two to buy and one to sell
- Admittedly, I expected more movement in the Rand once the cabinet reshuffle was announced. We have a saying that “the Market always knows” which seems to apply in this case.
When Mr. Nene was removed, the Rand fell 8,5% within the first few days and then extended those losses by another 10% a few weeks later. By comparison the Rand has loss only 7% so far, perhaps the Market knew that SA I... ››› more
- [06 April 2017]
- Choppy waters ahead? - Two to buy and one to sell
- The news yesterday that several ministers have been recalled to SA has created some consternation; the Rand jolted back 3%. There is speculation of a cabinet reshuffle and/or further legal developments relating to the impasse between Treasury, Banks, and the Gupta's…...
The new Mining Charter is expected to be released this week. And the market is bracing itself for new challenges. This just... ››› more
- [28 March 2017]
- “We're going to win so much, you're going to be so sick and tired of winning”
- This year has really kicked off on a profitable note.
Red Hot Storm Trader is up seven winning trades in a row with a 174.35% cumulative gains. And The Winning Streak is up 8.76 points with a 67% cumulative gain.
Over the weekend, I was reading over the questions you've been asking.
And then I saw something very interesting.
Instead of my subscribers pumping questions on the Investors... ››› more
- [28 March 2017]
- "Triple Witching" stirs local market rally- Two to buy and two to sell
- “Triple Witching” refers to the combined expiration of the Index futures, Index options and stock options. In the UK and US this happens on Friday's, but in SA it happens a day earlier on Thursday. The event typically creates increased market activity and in some cases volatility.
Global markets were relatively subdued for last week's expiry, the US, UK and European majors were firmer by b... ››› more
- [21 March 2017]
- Commodities take a step lower - Three to buy and one to sell
- Commodities take a step lower
Brent oil led the commodity basket lower last week, losing 8,1%; Platinum and Gold were down 5,7% and 2,4% respectively.
Although the Rand softened, the pressure was too much for the JSE All Share Index which fell 0,8%. Resources fell 5,5%, but the rest of the sectors held up well.
International indices were slightly softer across most time zone... ››› more
- [16 March 2017]
- US interest rates, Three to buy and one to sell
- US interest rates on the rise.
Fed Chair Janet Yellen provided testimony last week indicating a high likelihood of another US interest rate hike in March. The markets are now pricing in a 0,25% hike. The US dollar is strengthening again.
Local markets were flat over the week. The All Share squeezed out a gain of 0,1%, Resources were similar and Industrials down marginally (0,5%), Fin... ››› more
- [16 March 2017]
- The first bunch of trading Q&A for 2017
- Welcome to the first Q&A for 2017 dedicated trader.
I see already, you're asking exciting trading questions/.
What is fantastic is that, I can see you want to prepare yourself for good profits in 2017.
I recommend all traders take a read at these questions and answers.
Q. Forex, Penny shares, equity – Which are best for me?
I'd like to start trading for wealth building. What d... ››› more
- [01 March 2017]
- Two rules you need to know to get into your first Forex trade
- There's no feeling like this…
You have money in your Forex account. You have your strategy written down in front of you.
And finally, this is it…
You're about to take your first trade…
You put in your entry, stop loss and take profit level and then…
You have no idea how much money to deposit.
Find out about the two rules you need to know to get into your first Forex... ››› more
- [28 February 2017]
- Claim your FREE Forex Trading Journal to track your success in 2017
- Trading your own account and owning a business is no different.
You need to keep track of your financial records to see how your business is performing.
This way you'll be able to monitor and manage it better for your success.
I want to give you a Forex Trading Journal today. So you can keep track of your Forex success in 2017.
Why should you have a Forex Journal with you at all... ››› more
- [08 February 2017]
- Here's your kick in the butt!
- Do you believe that January 2017 is almost over? It feels like yesterday we were celebrating the New Year to come.
And now, we're about to enter February! You know that feeling when you plan to do something and then you postpone it.
Well sometimes we need that kick in the butt to actually do it.
And that's why I am going to present the first Forex 101 Workshop 2017 early in February to g... ››› more
- [27 January 2017]
- Goldfields and the three profitable bears
- On 20 January 2017 Friday evening, Donald J Trump became the 45th president of the United States.
We saw the markets welcome the transition of power. But we also know the sentiment is fickle as weather.
In today's Trading Tips, and in honour of his inauguration, I want to look at three bearish (downside) trading set ups and one safe-haven gold trade.
These companies may ... ››› more
- [26 January 2017]
- Four fantastic currency pairs and when to trade them Currency #4
- It's been a fascinating journey over the last few weeks.
You've seen why I enjoy trading these currency pairs the most:
Today, I'm going to reveal my fourth favourite currency pair.
Let's get to it…
Currency Pair #4: The Swiss Franc (USD/CHF)
The USD/CHF is an abbreviation for the U.S dollar against the Swiss Franc. This is the official legal t... ››› more
- [26 January 2017]
- Movers of the Week - Plus 3 to buy and 2 to sell
- Trump in the White House - America First!
As President Trump was being inaugurated the markets appeared to be waiting for direction. The JSE closed slightly lower, down 0,6% and the major developed markets were little changed if not slightly softer. Currency and Commodity also appear to be in a holding pattern.
Trump's speech was direct and unambiguous, watch-out as America puts its foot... ››› more
- [24 January 2017]
- The switch you've all been waiting for…
- Last week, we discussed how through one simple switch we managed to save our clients a cumulative 71% in 2016.
But this year we're going to try and do it again. So let's compare the investment cases of The Foschini Group (TFG) and Woolworths (WHL).
These companies share similarities in that they're both involved in apparel retailing in South Africa but have very different strategies when i... ››› more
- [19 January 2017]
- JSE up 3.6%, The All Share is up 5% - are these signs of a great year ahead?
- The JSE was up 3,6% last week, adding to gains from the week before. The All Share index is now up 5% in two weeks, Resources 8,2%, Industrials 4,6% and Financials up 1,3%.
January is known to be a month with larger moves than normal, double digit figures are quite common. Watch out for the reversal in February. 2016 was a case in point…
Commodity Prices were firm with good gains from Pla... ››› more
- [17 January 2017]
- Four fantastic currency pairs and when to trade them Currency #3:
- So far I've revealed two of my favourite currency pairs and when to trade them.
Today, we're onto the third fantastic currency pair…
Fantastic currency #3: The Great British Pound versus The American Dollar (GBP/USD)
This currency pair is the fourth most traded currency pair in the Forex market.
Before we go into it, let’s first talk about the stock exchange t... ››› more
- [13 January 2017]
- Four fantastic currency pairs and when to trade them Currency #2:
- In the previous article, I told you I was going to reveal my four favourite currency pairs to trade and when to trade them.
Today, I'll reveal the second fantastic currency pair…
Fantastic currency #2: The Japanese Yen (USD/JPY)
This currency pair has to be the most traded currency out of the whole of Asia.
Not only that, but it’s one of the seven most traded cur... ››› more
- [13 January 2017]
- Four fantastic currency pairs and when to trade them Currency #1
- I've broken these fantastic currency pairs to trade, into four articles.
You'll be receiving them in your inbox in the next few weeks.
They are the four best currencies that have helped me bank my Forex Trader subscribers double digit gains.
I'm also going to talk about the best times to trade these currencies.
Let's get into it!
Currency pair #1: The Australian Dollar / US ... ››› more
- [12 January 2017]
Watch And Learn