- Is South Africa's new deputy president good news for the economy?
- After President Jacob Zuma's second inauguration yesterday, he revealed his new cabinet line-up. Perhaps not surprising was his appointment of Cyril Ramaphosa. Last year, Mr Ramaphosa took over as deputy president of the African National Congress (ANC). Now he's the deputy president of South Africa. Let's take a look at whether the new deputy president's appointment is good for the South African e... ››› more
- [26 May 2014]
- Finally the mining pact is signed, but AMCU abstained
- The much anticipated pact, which seeks to bring stability to South Africa's troubled mining sector, was finally signed yesterday. But, the Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union (AMCU) has yet to sign on the dotted line. Already there are questions about whether the pact will do anything to improve the current issues afflicting the mining sector. Let's have a look at what's been going o... ››› more
- [04 July 2013]
- Zuma promises to get tough on industrial disputes to help the limping SA economy
- With global factors dragging SA down, problems closer to home are impacting economic growth further. Here's what President Jacob Zuma says he's going to do about it …
Surprisingly, the market reacted positively to news that President Jacob Zuma has vowed to take a stance to aid the struggling SA economy.
This follows Zuma’s previous intervention about the “economy and the effects of lab... ››› more
- [13 June 2013]
Watch And Learn