- The five most important economic indicators you should know about and why the rest doesn't matter
- The producer price index, non-farm payrolls, new housing starts, gross domestic product….
The list of economic indicators released monthly is massive.
The South African Reserve Bank alone releases a four-page report with more than 110 different economic indicators each month. That's not even considering international indicators.
So, which of these indicators should you keep an eye on, a... ››› more
- [07 December 2016]
- Technical analysis is great for finding forex trades, but you can't ignore economic indicators
- Technical analysis works well with forex trading, but you can't ignore the importance of keeping an eye on various data and news releases.
These announcements have the potential to move the market.
So which economic indicators do you need to watch?
Read on to find out more…
The importance of economic indicators when trading forex
These are particular fundamental fac... ››› more
- [23 November 2015]
- Forex indicators: Why you must keep an eye on economic indicators when trading forex
- Many forex traders use technical analysis with much success to find trades. But you can't ignore the impact of economic data and news on currencies.
So what impact can economic announcements have on your forex trades? And what economic data and news should you watch out for?
Let's take a closer look…
Why you need to know about economic indicators when trading forex
There are a nu... ››› more
- [05 August 2015]
- Forex trading strategy: Avoid unnecessary losses by keeping abreast of key economic indicators
- If you're looking to bank tidy profits trading forex, technical analysis is the tool for you. But you can't ignore fundamentals.
You must know when key economic data is due for release, otherwise you could get a nasty surprise when in a trade.
Let's take a closer look at what you need to do…
The five key economic indicators you need to know about
Finding forex trades using technic... ››› more
- [23 April 2015]
- Why you need to pay attention to interest rates and inflation when you trade forex
- If you opt to trade forex, technical analysis is great at helping you find potential trades. This is thanks to the general long-term trends that the forex market follows.
But you also need to bear in mind key economic events and data. Choose to ignore these at crucial times and a trade could turn against you.
One of the most important aspects is interest rates and inflation in specific count... ››› more
- [10 December 2014]
- Watch for the release of these economic indicators when you trade forex… otherwise you could be in for a nasty surprise
- Technical analysis is a great way to find trades. Not only that, you can use technical indicators to manage your risk and check what's going on with your trades.
But you can't use technical analysis with blinkers on. There are some fundamentals that can have a great effect on a currency. And this includes the release of key economic data.
This week in South Africa, there are a number of key ... ››› more
- [27 October 2014]
- Marcus tries to quell worries of a recession
- Yesterday, the governor of the Reserve Bank, Gill Marcus, said she didn't believe South Africa was heading for a recession, despite a whole host of poor economic indicators. The new finance minister was also quick to reassure today. Let's take a closer look…
Economic indicators would have to be a lot worse to indicate a recession
Ms Marcus said that there would “have to be a very dramatic ... ››› more
- [04 June 2014]
- Business confidence creeps higher
- Earlier today, the South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SACCI) released its business confidence index (BCI) for July. And the index shows that business confidence improved from June to July. Let's have a closer look at what the index revealed…
After it fell from May to June, the BCI rose slightly from June to July.
The BCI crept up “to 90.7 in July from 90.2 in June, reports Fi... ››› more
- [08 August 2013]
- Why you shouldn't trust all your “sexy” trading setups
- Sometimes when you have a winning trading system and it looks too perfect to fail, the worst case scenario occurs.
It goes completely against you and you end up taking a huge knock on your portfolio.
As a Forex trader, there's nothing more frustrating than watching the “sexiest” trading setup turn ugly…
Well, there's a simple solution to this…
You see most of the times when ‘s... ››› more
- [08 July 2013]
- Business confidence in SA remains subdued
- Today, the South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SACCI) released its business confidence index for June. This key indicator fell slightly from its May figure, showing that the business climate in SA was still pretty bleak…
The South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SACCI) confirmed today that business confidence remained at a low ebb with the release of its business confiden... ››› more
- [03 July 2013]
Watch And Learn