Investing In The Stock Market
- The JSE's ‘honeymoon' phase is taking shares higher, how long will it last?
- I can remember my honeymoon like yesterday.
We were crazy in love.
And for months afterward this euphoric phase continued.
I could make no mistake in her eyes, nor she in mine. Everything was perfect.
Then suddenly reality struck. Our first big fight after getting married.
And suddenly we realized being married is tough, and the good times go hand in hand with the tough ones…... ››› more
- [25 January 2018]
- Where else can you get a 35% return a year on your money?
- About 10 years ago, I gave up with investing. The returns were just too slow for my liking.
And so, trading took over a big portion of my life.
Now as you know by now I'm a trader by heart. But I also understand that I need to diversify my money for the future. Why? Well, it's better to grow my retirement kitty with multiple streams of income, rather than with just one or two.
With the st... ››› more
- [21 September 2017]
- To succeed at investing in shares, you need to understand three things
- Successfully investing in shares can be a difficult process to get right. It's hard to know what you're doing sometimes.
That's why you need a few guidelines to keep you on the right path.
So what are these guidelines?
Read on to find out…
What you need to know to be successful investing on the stock market
There are three things, which are by far, the most important things you... ››› more
- [02 July 2015]
- How to get started investing in the stock market
- When you're new to investing, the stock market can be daunting and confusing. So it's vital that you don't jump in. You need to make sure you're ready for your stock market venture.
By investing on the stock market, you're taking control of your finances. And you're giving yourself the chance to earn a good return on your money over the long-term.
So what should you do before you start inves... ››› more
- [27 February 2015]
- Two reasons why you should invest in the stock market
- People opt to invest in the stock market for a variety of reasons. But there are two main reasons why investors put their money to work in shares.
So what are these reasons for investing in the stock market?
Read on to find out…
The decision to invest on the stock market
The stock market intrigues many people. Of course a lot of this has to do with making money. The greed factor p... ››› more
- [13 February 2015]
- Why you need to know what stage of the stock market cycle we're in
- The stock market has four distinct stages that it tends to follow in cycles over the long-term.
So what are these different stages? And what difference does the stage the stock market is in have on you investing in shares?
Let's take a closer look…
The four stages of the stock market cycle
Having a grasp on the stages of the stock market cycle in important when it comes to invest... ››› more
- [12 February 2015]
- How to build wealth investing in the stock market
- The primary reason for investing is to grow your money. Yes, you may be after income from dividends too, but you want to buy shares and watch their share prices rise over the years.
So how can you increase your chances of making money through investing in the stock market over the long-term?
Read on to find out…
How compounding can work in your favour when you invest
You may have ... ››› more
- [03 February 2015]
- Investing in the stock market: The benefits of share buybacks
- Occasionally, companies buy back their own shares. The overall effect is it reduces the number of shares in circulation.
Some analysts believe that the company could put the money to better use. It could pay back excess company money to shareholders.
But there are some benefits of share buy backs. Let's take a closer look at what these are…
Share buy backs can boost a company’s share... ››› more
- [18 July 2014]
- How to prepare for investing in the stock market
- Investing in the stock market comes with a host of potential benefits. But it also comes with its disadvantages. So before you risk a cent on any share, you need to ask yourself some questions first. And apply some rules before you start. Let's take a closer look…
The potential risks of investing in the stock market
Investing in the stock market offers you the chance to make inflation beatin... ››› more
- [29 April 2014]
- Improve your investment success by sticking to these five golden rules
- Investing in the stock market is a learning curve. From the first investment you make, you start learning more and more. But there are a few golden rules that can stand you in good stead for when you invest. Some of them may seem common sense, but it's surprising how you can forget some crucial aspects when an investment opportunity presents itself. Read on to uncover what these are…
*********... ››› more
- [10 April 2014]
- The first step towards investing in the stock market
- If you're seriously considering investing in the stock market, there are a few things that you need to do. The most important thing is you need to have investment capital to invest. You need to be sensible about the money you're going to put to work for you in the stock market. Any money you invest is at risk, so you can't use money that you need for other purposes. So with this in mind, let's see... ››› more
- [10 April 2014]
- Eavesdrop on a conversation with one of SA's top traders
- I've been trading and investing in the stock market since my second year at varsity.
One thing I've realised is there's simply too much to learn without someone to help you along the way.
But for every good trading mentor out there, there are hundreds of bad ones.
Over the years I've only met around ten people I consider to be really top traders. And one of them is Timon Rossolimos. ... ››› more
- [02 September 2013]
- How to decide what to invest on the stock market
- Before you decide how much cash to invest on the stock market, you need to ask yourself a question. When do you need the money back? Read on to find out what you should invest…
What are you investing for?
Don’t worry. This isn’t some deep philosophical question.
It means just what it says: What are you saving your money for?
Because there’s one very simple thing you have to deci... ››› more
- [12 August 2013]
- Want to learn more about technical analysis? Use this technical charting software
- “If you're serious about stock market investing and would like to learn more about technical analysis, then you should consider purchasing a charting program,” says Gareth Stokes, author of Fear, Greed and the Stock Market. Read on to discover three types of technical charting software you can use.
“Technical analysis scares many people away from investing for their own account. They’re... ››› more
- [30 May 2013]
- Use years of accumulated knowledge to achieve investment success
- “There are many sayings that have become lore for the professional and private investor alike,” says Gareth Stokes in Fear, Greed and the Stock Market. Here's how you can use these investment lores to make your own investing more successful.
tock markets have been around for hundreds of years. And for as long as there have been markets, there have been investors trying to make money on them... ››› more
- [28 May 2013]
- Use these four tips to reduce the risks of investing in the stock market
- “While the JSE offers proven, inflation beating returns in the long-term, companies and markets have collapsed and prices can equally rise or fall, sometimes without plausible reason,” warns Francois Joubert, Senior Analyst at Red Hot Penny Shares. However, diligent planning can, to an extent, offset negative shifts in the market. Here are four tips Joubert says you can use to mitigate the ris... ››› more
- [27 May 2013]
- Don't let fear's persistent attack ruin your investment success
- Psychology plays a big part in your investment decision making! There are emotional factors that affect your trading decisions and the outcome of individual trades. Author of the book, Fear, Greed and the Stock Market, Gareth Stokes says fear ranks as the second biggest investment sin. The first being greed. Read on to discover why an investor influenced by fear is unlikely to chart his own path t... ››› more
- [23 May 2013]
- Two golden rules for investing in the stock market
- “Every prospective investor must know what his motives are for wanting to invest in the stock market,” says Francois Joubert, Senior Analyst at Red Hot Penny Shares. While the JSE offers proven, inflation-beating returns in the long-term, companies and markets have collapsed and prices can equally rise or fall. But careful planning can help you mitigate the risks involved in the stock market. ... ››› more
- [14 May 2013]