- Five things to consider when purchasing your next property
- When you first decide to invest in a property the excitement pumps you up. Your heart starts racing, you already see the cash rolling in…
But before your ambitions run away with your good judgement you should take a step back and evaluate whether the property you're looking to invest in will provide you with growth - or is it a cash-trap that'll suck your wallet dry.
What to look for in ... ››› more
- [15 December 2016]
- Three ways to tap into increasing rental property demand today
- Right now there's a shift happening in the South African property investment space that's perfect if you're a property investor that wants to get your money into the rental property game.
Demand for buying property is falling quickly and more people are looking to rent property right now. This is because the weakening rand, banks tightening their lending criteria and the general increase in co... ››› more
- [28 July 2016]
- Property in South Africa is too big a risk to invest…
- Last week a property investors told me that: “Property in SA is too big a risk. New laws coming out soon will limit property ownership to two properties and there will be no foreign ownership allowed.”
Is this true? Should you up and sell your property right now, or is there hope left for the South African property sector?
The truth about new property laws – it’s not as bad as yo... ››› more
- [21 July 2016]
- Now is the right time to buy properties on auction and build your empire
- Many homeowners can't afford to keep up with their bond payments thanks to the latest interest rate hike... And economists expect even more hikes over the next two years. That means there'll be an oversupply of properties on the market which means one thing - Bargain properties on the market!
You see, properties sold on auctions are about 30% cheaper than ones sold on the open market!
To fin... ››› more
- [12 May 2016]
- Three essentials steps you need to take before you invest in international property
- I love the idea of being able to own a property on a luscious beach away from the hustle and bustle of the city. To be honest, I like the idea of owning this property in some offshore holiday destinations where quiet beaches and clear blue skies are an accepted way of life.
Well, today I want to show you how to get your hands on your dream offshore property by following three simple steps. Ste... ››› more
- [04 May 2016]
- PMR 31(4B): The one rule that can turn your property investment into a money sucking nightmare…
- When you buy an investment property chances are it'll be in a sectional title scheme.
Before you bought it, you made sure to check you could get a great rental income from it, that the price was good and the levies are low.
But a single rule written into law could turn this attractive investment into a bottomless pit, sucking in all your money. Let me explain…
How your Body Corporate c... ››› more
- [02 November 2015]
- One way to approach buying your first investment property
- If you're new to property investing, the first milestone will be actually buying your first property.
So have you thought about how you're going to do it?
Here's one way you can approach buying your first investment property…
Select an investment property to put an offer on
Once you have a few different properties that meet your criteria and location requirements, it’s time to t... ››› more
- [23 July 2015]
- How to find out the rental potential of an investment property
- When investing in property to rent out, one key factor to consider before buying anything is the rental potential of the property.
If you can't achieve the rent you need to cover your costs and financing, a potential investment property may not be the right choice for you.
So how can you find out how much you're likely to achieve in rent for an investment property?
Read on to find out… ... ››› more
- [22 July 2015]
- The most important question you need to ask to ensure you're not overpaying for your property
- So, you're looking at an investment property right now. It's well located and you expect it could appreciate in value.
But it costs R400,000 for a 32sqm bachelor's flat.
Is that overpaying or not?
After all, the price you pay for an investment property is the difference between ten years of profits and ten years of losses.
Well, to me the easiest way to figure this out is to know how ... ››› more
- [24 April 2015]
- Why you can't ignore this key factor when you invest in property
- Once you decide to invest in property, there are generally two goals.
Firstly, you want to see the value of the property you buy growing over the years. And secondly, you want to secure an income stream from paying tenants.
There is one key factor that can help you achieve both of these goals. And this is a property's location.
Read on to find out why location is such a crucial factor whe... ››› more
- [18 March 2015]
- What to spend money on to improve the rental appeal of your property
- If you're looking to invest in a property to rent out, it's vital it appeals to as many tenants as possible.
Depending on the condition of the property you purchase, it may be worthwhile making some changes. It could boost your rental income and attract more prospective tenants.
So where should you make improvements?
Read on to find out…
Give your property a lick of paint
Chanc... ››› more
- [09 March 2015]
- How I made R75,000 from property in a single morning using other people's money!
- Whenever I speak to investors I hear “The property market is dead” or “Property is so expensive, there are no good deals out there”.
I recently read an article about a financial advisor who was telling investors they're looking at single digit yields if they invest in property. The article went on to tell them that the stock market is the ONLY place they should be investing.
That's ... ››› more
- [21 November 2014]
- Four pointers to help you pick the best location to invest in property
- Once you've decided to invest in property, the next decision you'll face is deciding where.
There are several factors that can affect a property's desirability for renting out. So it's vital you weigh up these factors so you buy the best investment property that you can afford.
So what factors should you look at before buying an investment property when it comes to location?
Read on to fi... ››› more
- [29 October 2014]
- Use these four property investment tips when buying a townhouse as a rental property
- Most investors start their property investment portfolio with a townhouse. And it makes sense. After all, they're easy to rent, often cheaper than a stand-alone house and usually in high demand. If you're considering following suit, make sure you pay attention to these five townhouse property investment tips. They'll help ensure you don't make the mistake of buying the wrong unit…
Before you ... ››› more
- [18 March 2014]
- It's easier than you think…
- It's easier than you think…
You can start your very own property empire in as little as ten hours!
Whenever I hear a conversation about making money, I know it won’t be long before the topic of investing in property gets thrown into the mix.
You see, property is the one investment just about everyone believes in. And it’s one of the very few investments the bank is willing to loan mo... ››› more
- [29 July 2013]
- Before you buy property - make sure the area you pick isn't suffering from “boom town” syndrome
- There's evidence in mining towns such as Rustenburg that the town is suffering “boom town syndrome”, reports the Business Day. That's bad news for investors looking to snap up cheap property in the area - and not just because it means prices of food labour and other costs are higher than the national norm. Francois Joubert, author of Become a master property investor in 90 days, explains why b... ››› more
- [13 February 2013]
Watch And Learn