Jse Retail Sector
- Budgets, Two to buy and two to sell this week
- The Budget was delivered without too much fuss. Everyone knew there would be a “Gap” and the balancing act was to find a suitable filler. The new tax bracket was a bit of a surprise, but the hiking of the marginal tax rate was expected. Never the less bracket creep was significant so everybody shoulders the burden.
In SA, the market fell 1%; Gold shares were under pressure as the Rand held ... ››› more
- [28 February 2017]
- The switch you've all been waiting for…
- Last week, we discussed how through one simple switch we managed to save our clients a cumulative 71% in 2016.
But this year we're going to try and do it again. So let's compare the investment cases of The Foschini Group (TFG) and Woolworths (WHL).
These companies share similarities in that they're both involved in apparel retailing in South Africa but have very different strategies when i... ››› more
- [19 January 2017]
- Good news…All main exchanges are on the up!
- JSE up 3,3%
Last week the JSE recovered from an oversold position to close the week with a gain of 3,3%. Financials gained 4,8% and Industrials were up 3,7%. Resources managed a gain of 1,5%.
DAX up 6,6%, CAC up 5.2%.
European markets breathed a sigh of relief as the Italian referendum failed, the Dax gained 6,6% and the CAC 5,2%. Italy was up 7,3% and Spain put in 6,5%
US Markets... ››› more
- [13 December 2016]
Watch And Learn