- Macron wins French election, settles markets - Two to buy and one to sell
- US markets closed at record highs on Friday, helped by technology stocks like Apple, Facebook and Google. The strength of the US markets is filtering through to other developed markets and the victory by Emmanuel Macron in the French elections eliminates one more hurdle. Improving global sentiment bodes well for the weeks ahead.
The rise in technology stocks is playing out nicely for our inve... ››› more
- [09 May 2017]
- If you bought Lifecare Health two weeks ago, you'd be up 27% - Two to buy and one to sell
- Global markets are watching developments around the French elections for direction. Once again, a far-right candidate, with radical views is the underdog and has the potential to create a shock to the status quo.
Emmanuel Marcon is leading Marine Le Pen after the first round, both candidates have offered to hold referendums on remaining part of the European Union.
The US earnings season k... ››› more
- [25 April 2017]
- Moving swiftly along - Three to buy
- A week of heightened protests has ended and the ANC Cadre are holding the fort, for now. Their confidence masks the growing dissension from all sides, including members of its own party, eventually pressure will come to bear.
Fitch followed S&P in downgrading SA, but again the reaction was relatively muted. Clearly the market had been preparing for this eventuality. Of more concern is that som... ››› more
- [11 April 2017]
- Cabinet reshuffle announced - Two to buy and one to sell
- Admittedly, I expected more movement in the Rand once the cabinet reshuffle was announced. We have a saying that “the Market always knows” which seems to apply in this case.
When Mr. Nene was removed, the Rand fell 8,5% within the first few days and then extended those losses by another 10% a few weeks later. By comparison the Rand has loss only 7% so far, perhaps the Market knew that SA I... ››› more
- [06 April 2017]
- Five market movements - 3 to buy and 2 to sell
- JSE All Share marginally positive, up 0,7%
After several volatile weeks, due to policy uncertainty, some calm appears to have returned to the markets. The JSE All Share Index was up 0,7% last week. Resources were down 3%, while Industrial's up 1,8% and Financials' up 2,5% lifted the markets overall.
Brent Crude up 5%
Russia indicated it would support a cut in output if adopted by Opec. Ma... ››› more
- [23 November 2016]
- About the company: Life Healthcare Group Holdings Ltd [JSE:LHC]
- Life Healthcare is a hospital and healthcare provider in South Africa. The company has a listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange…
Full name: Life Healthcare Group Holdings Limited
Short name: LifeHC
Sector: Health care – health care equipment & services
Five top facts about Life Healthcare Group Holdings
Life Healthcare Group Holdings founded in 1983. Si... ››› more
- [03 July 2015]
Watch And Learn