- Palladium: The precious metal nobody is talking about but should be
- At times like this, gold and silver typically grab all the attention... And attract all the "safe" money. But there's another metal that could blast past both of these. That's because it has unique physical properties for which there is just no substitute - something its biggest consumers lose quite a bit of sleep over. It's 15 times more rare than platinum... and 30 times more rare than gold. Rea... ››› more
- [06 January 2017]
- About the ETF: NewPalladium ETF [JSE:NGPLD]
- NewPalladium exchange traded fund (ETF) tracks the spot price of palladium. The ETF has a listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange…
Full name: NewPalladium ETF
Short name: NEWPALL
Sector: JSE listed funds
Five top facts about NewPalladium ETF
ETFs are passively managed funds, which aim to track the performance of an underlying index or, in this case, the ... ››› more
- [21 September 2015]
- About the ETF: Standard Bank AfricaPalladium ETF [JSE:ETFPLD]
- Standard Bank AfricaPalladium exchange traded fund (ETF) tracks the rand value of palladium. The ETF has a listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange…
Full name: Standard Bank AfricaPalladium ETF
Short name: AfricaPld
Sector: JSE listed funds
Five top facts about Standard Bank AfricaPalladium ETF
Exchange traded funds (ETFs) are funds listed on the stock m... ››› more
- [19 August 2015]
- Palladium is looking set to take off… Here's why and how you can play it
- Palladium is one of the platinum group metals. South Africa is the world's second top producer of the precious metal, falling closely behind Russia.
After hitting a high last year, the price of palladium has fallen. But a change could be on the cards for the metal.
Let's take a closer look at what's going on...
The demand for palladium is rising
After hitting a high of over $900 an ... ››› more
- [03 March 2015]
- Palladium has already hit 13-year highs this year… and it looks like there's more upside for the precious metal
- There have been a number of factors pushing the palladium price higher.
The precious metal has benefitted from the five-month platinum sector strike in South Africa. Ongoing tensions with Russia, the world's top palladium producer, have added impetus. And an eight-year supply and demand deficit has played its part.
But with the precious metal trading at such a high price, is there room left... ››› more
- [01 August 2014]
- This forgotten metal is up 19% this year... And it's about to double!
- There's one ignored precious metal that's gained nearly 20% this year.
It's not gold or silver.
The thing is, if you want to find investment opportunities, you have to look in often forgotten - but still in demand - places.
And this precious metal is in for another run!
Let me explain...
Three things that have choked the supply of this one metal will see your profits soar
... ››› more
- [13 June 2014]
- Soaring demand for platinum and palladium ETFs is helping reignite a PGMs bull market
- Platinum-backed exchange traded funds (ETFs) are sucking up vast quantities of platinum group metals (PGMs). One of the main drivers behind this was the launch of Absa's NewPlat last year. It's been very successful. Add to that the addition of two palladium-backed ETFs and palladium holdings are also rising. The demand for PGM-backed ETFs is adding to the unprecedented demand for these metals. Dem... ››› more
- [23 May 2014]
- Bloomberg reports: Fund managers drop gold… But that doesn't mean you can't profit from precious metals
- Bloomberg announced yesterday that more than $6.9 billion worth of gold was sold out of gold funds in the last week alone. And that means that exchange traded funds are now holding their lowest levels of gold since 2009.
But just because gold is selling off doesn't mean you can't profit from precious metals. In fact, one precious metal is looking better than ever.
The reason why gold ... ››› more
- [21 May 2014]
- Outperforming gold (and silver and platinum)
- Precious metals are on sale. And one of them - palladium - looks like it's poised to shine this festive season. Palladium is a rare precious metal, which forms part of the platinum group metals. South Africa is one of the top producers of palladium in the world. Read on to uncover why palladium is set to outperform its precious metal peers…
Here are three reasons why palladium is outperforming... ››› more
- [11 November 2013]
Watch And Learn