- You have to “Go Small” to add big returns to your portfolio
- As an advisor to the South African Investor board I deal with investors that are looking for long term returns that'll help them live, and retire securely.
That means we typically look at companies like Vodacom, Naspers, Bidvest and the like.
Large blue-chip shares that have been around for years, and will continue to be there for years to come.
Recommending these large companies is th... ››› more
- [22 February 2017]
- The most important investment decision you can make, in two minutes
- Please don't let your portfolio fall because of this single mistake…
In 2014, I got a mail from an investor:
I'm not investing in a single investment recommendation of yours again. I've bought Mr Price shares with my whole portfolio. And at the rate it's going now, I'll retire in a few short years.
I bought Mr Price at R136 in February, and now that it's August, the sha... ››› more
- [07 February 2017]
- The Year that was - The biggest winner of 2016 was the Rand!
- 2016 has been a year many will quickly forget, but for the shock results of the Brexit vote and the US elections; it was a year where many cans were kicked down the road.
Global growth remained benign and potential silver-linings have yet to gain material traction because of lingering uncertainties such as the future US foreign policy, the tensions in South East Asia, lingering debt problems i... ››› more
- [11 January 2017]
- The JSE is overvalued, should I sell?
- The JSE All-Share Index is just 10% off from its all-time high.
It's sitting around the highest PE level of all time for the index, at 23.24.
At the same time, US markets are at all-time highs, and interest rates are threatening to go up.
With this in mind, I was recently asked by an investor, whether the JSE is overvalued and set for a massive correction.
So, should you hold on or sel... ››› more
- [01 December 2016]
- Why I'm bullish on the Wescoal share price
- On 29 September 2016 Wescoal announced it would issue 124,995,373 new shares to a BEE investor, for an amount of R211,410,862.
At the time Wescoal's entire market cap was R440 million. So this is a big deal - it is nearly 50% of Wescoal's total share capital being added.
Usually a deal that dilutes earnings as much as this one will, is a bad thing.
Shareholders don't like it.
But since... ››› more
- [20 October 2016]
- South Africa's deep mines are dying - but these companies are set to profit big time!
- South Africa sits with the ‘achievement' of having 8 out of the world's ten deepest mines.
While this is clearly an achievement in engineering - it's a problem specifically for our gold mining industry.
Production costs have skyrocketed, accidents in the deep mines make it even more difficult to profit.
In fact, in the 1970's South Africa produced as much as 80% of the world's gold,... ››› more
- [05 October 2016]
- How these penny shares grow profits by 30%, 50% while the JSE moves 1% for the year!
- The JSE All Share Index is up 1% for the year so far.
The Top 40 index, representative of the most ‘stable' shares on our market is down a miserable 2.25% since 29 December 2015.
And our economy is struggling.
It's fair to say that 2016's been a tough year. Many companies are losing money (or at least making smaller profits), and very few shares are up.
But there are a select gro... ››› more
- [28 September 2016]
- The world's next great investment megatrend
- 89 million babies were born around the world this year.
In the same time, 37 million people passed away.
That means the world's population grew by more than 52 million people in only eight months!
That's the equivalent of South Africa's population added to the world.
Imagine that, an entire country gets added to the world every 8 months!
And all of these people need an education,... ››› more
- [17 August 2016]
- The top penny stocks to buy after this earnings season
- Now that July's wrapped up, this year's second to last ‘earnings season' has come to an end.
Considering the South African economy is teetering on the edge of a recession, results haven't been as great as investors would've liked.
In fact, 14 out of the last 25 companies to publish results have been negative growth.
Nearly two out of every three companies are seeing shrinking profits or... ››› more
- [11 August 2016]
- How to Improve Your Returns in One Easy Step
- I receive a lot of e-mails with trading questions, and lately, I've noticed a couple of themes. It seems that many new traders have questions about stop losses, and even the more experienced stock watcher wants to improve his risk mitigation strategy…
-- Advertisement --
What would an extra R10,000 – R25,000 – R100,000 do for you?
Discover... ››› more
- [05 August 2016]
- These are the best and worst penny shares in the mining sector
- Between October 2015 and mid-January 2016 the JSE Resources index crashed 38%. Mining shares were out of favour more than they've ever been.
Since then, the index has recovered some of these losses, becoming one of the best performing sectors on the JSE for 2016.
In fact, since the resource index's January low, it's up 40% for the year so far!
But that doesn't mean you can just up and ... ››› more
- [28 July 2016]
- Don't you wish someone told you this about money when you were in your 20s?
- When I look at the financial education I received at school and university, I always wonder how different my life would be today if I had better quality information.
Where would you be if your teachers, parents and mentors taught you more about managing money, the stock market, investing, savings and general day-to-day budgeting?
How different would your life be today?
Let's take a clo... ››› more
- [19 July 2016]
- 14 mistakes you make with your money but refuse to admit
- Ah South Africans! Blinded by politics, multicultural in every way, revered by the world... But man, do we suck when it comes to money?
We're a country of proud people. We've survived some of the most severe political turbulences the world has ever seen. We beat it all. Despite all the challenges our country still faces, we have a proud heritage.
Maybe that's why so many of us refuse to adm... ››› more
- [18 July 2016]
- Nobody's talking about it, but Platinum excites me more than Gold right now!
- The gold price hit $1,354. It's the first time that it's above $1,300 since 2014! That's big news. And since the Brexit, all you hear is how investors are fleeing to the safety of gold.
But I'm much more excited about another precious metal right now.
I'm talking about platinum of course…
The platinum price started 2016 at $820/ounce. Today it's trading $280 higher at $1,100 per ounc... ››› more
- [12 July 2016]
- Your chance to meet one of the smartest penny share investors I know
- There are few things more satisfying and motivating than meeting an investment expert in person. Not many people get the opportunity to meet their investment gurus and ask all their burning investment questions.
Well, today I want to tell you that you could be one of the privileged few investors to shake hands with Francois Joubert, the editor of the groundbreaking publication Red Hot Penny Sh... ››› more
- [03 July 2016]
- Free opportunity - Start today and build your penny share fortune
- Investing in the stock market can be a challenge, especially if you're just getting started. The difficulty is, you don't know what shares to buy, how long to hold them or if the shares you're adding to your investment portfolio are expected to deliver any returns at all.
As a result, most new and even experienced investors turn to the big blue chip companies. You see these massive companies h... ››› more
- [28 June 2016]
- 17 reasons to add penny shares to your investment portfolio today
- Penny shares are the black sheep of the investment market. Most investors ignore these shares because they simply don't know how to deal with them.
Penny shares are volatile - They'll be up one day and down the next. Their share prices tend to swing around violently leaving investors that are unprepared for this activity nervous and afraid of what the share price will do next.
But there ar... ››› more
- [24 June 2016]
- When NOBODY invests in the JSE, BIG upside is ahead…
- You've heard the term ‘Buy when there's blood on the streets'.
This is contrarian investing at its hear. But it's been proven true time and again.
In fact, if you'd simply bought a simple ETF like Satrix 40 following the 2008 financial crisis, you'd have made around 70%.
Investing in individual shares following the same crisis would've made you 200%, 300% and in many cases, 600% or m... ››› more
- [09 June 2016]
- The secrets to maximum penny share profits
- Last week, I sat down with Francois Joubert, the editor of Red Hot Penny Shares. I wanted to find out what makes his penny share selection techniques so successful.
After all, he's the expert that delivered exceptional investment returns like these five Penny Share recommendations that could have made you a fortune in almost no time:
• Transport Company SantovaLogistics (SNV:JSE) rose 221... ››› more
- [07 June 2016]
- How you can get into tomorrow's blue-chip companies while they're just getting started
- As a member of the FSPInvest team, I have the privilege to speak to some of the smartest investors in the country. One of these expert financial minds is Francois Joubert, the editor of Red Hot Penny Shares.
The shares Francois recommend in this newsletter all cost less than R10 per share. They are so small that most people simply tend to ignore them.
It's like Francois says, “You see, t... ››› more
- [03 June 2016]
Watch And Learn