- If there ever was a time for capital protection, this is it!
- As it stands, we are at the tail end of an eight-year bull market and, by most estimates, markets in the developed world are massively overpriced versus historical levels.
When we have seen such conditions in the past, global markets almost always fell dramatically within a year or two.
Adding to this risk is the fact that the US Fed, the European Central Bank and a number of other central ... ››› more
- [11 May 2017]
- Buy silver instead of gold as portfolio insurance?
- Over the last couple of years, the price of silver has been on a volatile ride.
Yet, some investors believe now is the perfect time to buy into physical silver as it wallows at low levels.
Like physical gold, holding small amounts of silver can act as insurance for your overall investment portfolio if markets take a turn for the worse.
Read on to find out more…
The ups and downs o... ››› more
- [25 June 2015]
- What's the best way to insure your portfolio against the downside?
- Chances are you'll have insurance for your house, your car and your life. This helps to protect you against the unknown.
But when it comes to your investment portfolio, what's the best form of insurance?
Unlike car and home insurance where you don't expect to make a profit, there is a form of investment insurance that could see you making some money.
So what is this form of investment in... ››› more
- [16 January 2015]
- Investment strategy revealed: How to protect your investments against geopolitical drama
- When it comes to preparing your investments to weather any storm, the good news is there are things you can do to help offset your risk.
In financial lingo, investors call this hedging. Hedging is just a way of diversifying your portfolio. And hedging your portfolio reduces some of the risks facing it.
So what if geopolitical events intensify? What can you do to ensure your portfolio doesn't... ››› more
- [06 August 2014]
- Why it makes sense to have some gold as a safety net
- There's an old Wall Street saying that goes: “Put 10% of your net worth into gold and hope it doesn't go up.” That's an unusual thing to hope for. But the truth is, when gold flies, it means things are wrong elsewhere. And that's why gold can be the insurance cover that your portfolio needs. It has many advantages over other assets. Read on to find out why…
Physical gold isn’t the liabil... ››› more
- [07 February 2014]
- What's in store for gold and what you should do about it…
- If you've owned gold since 2011, you're been crushed… Gold is down from a peak of around $1,800 to around $1,200 today. It's lost about a third of its value. In many cases, gold shares have done much worse than gold itself… So… What should you do? Where to from here? Read on to find out what's in store for the price of gold and what you should do…
There are two main points to consider ab... ››› more
- [20 January 2014]
Watch And Learn