- Should I buy investment property using a company?
- One of the questions I'm most often asked is “Should I invest in property using a company, or should I invest in my personal capacity?”
Whenever I hear this question I want to ask investors WHY they want to invest through a company.
You see, as with most things investing there's no clear cut, one-size-fits-all answer.
There are a number of things to consider before you invest as a ... ››› more
- [03 May 2017]
- “Francois, should I buy this property as an investment?” Three property investment principles that'll make you money in the long run
- “Francois, our neighbour wants to sell his house. We'd like to build a little property nest egg of our own. Should we buy his property?”
That's a question I received from a family member over the holidays.
I'm sure you've been faced with a similar situation.
Looking at a property that's for sale and wondering whether it would be a good idea to buy it and get started with your very own... ››› more
- [11 January 2017]
- Five things to consider when purchasing your next property
- When you first decide to invest in a property the excitement pumps you up. Your heart starts racing, you already see the cash rolling in…
But before your ambitions run away with your good judgement you should take a step back and evaluate whether the property you're looking to invest in will provide you with growth - or is it a cash-trap that'll suck your wallet dry.
What to look for in ... ››› more
- [15 December 2016]
- Four things I wish I'd known before I started investing in property
- I bought my first rental property at the age of 22. Luckily it turned out a great investment.
But since then I've learnt a lot.
Truth be told, there's a heap of things I wish someone had told me about when I first got started in property back then.
The time, the money it could've saved me... I sure as heck would have gone a lot further a lot faster if I'd had a clue about some things.
... ››› more
- [16 November 2016]
- Is your rental property standing empty? Here are the questions you need to ask yourself to ensure zero vacancies
- Over the past six years I've worked with many estate agents looking to manage my rental properties. And whenever it took time to fill up an empty apartment they'd tell me “the market is slow this time of year”.
They weren't all lying to me. Considering the post-2008 property market it hasn't been smooth sailing for anyone.
South Africa's economy is struggling and people are finding it ha... ››› more
- [10 November 2016]
- How to become a property developer and landlord - overnight!
- There's no denying it. Property is one of the best performing sectors of the JSE, year in, and year out.
In fact, a quick look at the SAPY property index shows that it returned 1,035% between the start of August 2004 and August 2016.
In comparison the JSE All-Share index returned 626% including dividends…
Clearly property is a top performing sector.
What's even better - with list... ››› more
- [31 August 2016]
- Are you investing yourself broke through property
- I was recently at a property auction. The developer of a complex had been liquidated and was left with 7 apartments that needed to be sold on auction.
Before the auction these properties were advertised for around R560,000. And there was not much interest in them.
Considering they could fetch around R5,200 in rental per month I hoped to pick one or two up for a bargain at the auction… ... ››› more
- [25 August 2016]
- Three ways to tap into increasing rental property demand today
- Right now there's a shift happening in the South African property investment space that's perfect if you're a property investor that wants to get your money into the rental property game.
Demand for buying property is falling quickly and more people are looking to rent property right now. This is because the weakening rand, banks tightening their lending criteria and the general increase in co... ››› more
- [28 July 2016]
- Property in South Africa is too big a risk to invest…
- Last week a property investors told me that: “Property in SA is too big a risk. New laws coming out soon will limit property ownership to two properties and there will be no foreign ownership allowed.”
Is this true? Should you up and sell your property right now, or is there hope left for the South African property sector?
The truth about new property laws – it’s not as bad as yo... ››› more
- [21 July 2016]
- Rental property doesn't make money
- “Investing in property doesn't make money any more. I should rather sell everything and put my money in the bank.”
That's the words of a friend of mine, Jaco, whilst we spoke about property investing the other day.
Jaco owns a number of properties but feels that he's not making enough money from them to keep on bothering investing in property.
The thing is, after investigating the ... ››› more
- [08 July 2016]
- The best protection you can get as a buy-to-let landlord at NO COST to you!
- Over the weekend I was speaking to a friend of mine. He just moved into a new area after switching jobs. While he's checking out the property in the area he's renting a property.
One of the issues he faced was a rental deposit - and this actually affected which property he chose to rent initially.
You see, because of tenants not paying rent, or damaging property many landlords have been fo... ››› more
- [15 June 2016]
- Why this forgotten investment could be your saving grace in retirement
- Right now there's an investment you've probably forgotten about. I'm not talking about your equity portfolio, your government bonds or even your retirement annuity.
I'm talking about a specific investment that will either contribute greatly towards your retirement or leave you struggling to make ends meet when you stop working.
You might have forgotten about this investment but right now, i... ››› more
- [23 May 2016]
- There's no need to emigrate, just invest offshore!
- Millions of South Africans have packed their bags and taken their knowledge, skills and families to other countries, never to return to South Africa. I don't blame them and I don't judge them. They're leaving because they want to protect their families and their wealth.
While I can't help you with your personal security, I CAN help you protect and grow your wealth.
Today, I'm going to show... ››› more
- [12 May 2016]
- I only publish a short/sell idea once in a blue moon
- Gary Booysen, Rand Swiss Portfolio manager, and professional trader, has just uncovered a powerful short-term short-trading profit opportunity for you in South Africa's telecoms sector. If you're interested in taking on the risks involved with shorting geared trading instruments - in exchange for the massive gains up for grabs - then you will want to read on for Gary's full technical analysis on t... ››› more
- [12 May 2016]
- Three reasons why rental property is a great investment
- Many investors are afraid of investing in property because they simply don't know how to get started and what to expect from their property investments.
The truth is investing in rental property is a great way to increase your monthly income and grow your long-term investment portfolio.
Today, let's look at three benefits of investing in property and why you should consider property rental... ››› more
- [12 May 2016]
- Can a trust really help you protect your generational wealth?
- To find out if trusts can help you protect your family's financial situation after you're gone, Aiden Sookdin spoke to one of the foremost trust experts in South Africa, Albert Vorster, Senior Fiduciary Specialist at Momentum Trust Limited. Here's what you need to know...
Albert agrees that trusts are still relevant for effective estate planning, asset protection and generational continu... ››› more
- [10 May 2016]
- The Romanian property stock that just delivered 478.49% return and is set to keep on going…
- Whenever I hear mention of today's company, the first thought flitting through my head is: “How much does this pundit actually know about the eastern European property market?”
I mean, if you're looking for obscure geographical exposure you've found it. A company that invests in, and develops, shopping centers in Romania, Slovakia and Serbia.
And, yet investors who backed this strange J... ››› more
- [09 May 2016]
- Four benefits that could make trusts your perfect investment solution
- The best legal way to make sure you don't lose your money is to distance yourself from it.
Let me explain...
Putting your assets into a trust means that you don't personally own them anymore. The assets are held in trust for the benefit of the beneficiaries. The trustees simply manage these assets. When everyone involved signs this contract the Mater of the High Court registers the trust. ... ››› more
- [05 May 2016]
- Three essentials steps you need to take before you invest in international property
- I love the idea of being able to own a property on a luscious beach away from the hustle and bustle of the city. To be honest, I like the idea of owning this property in some offshore holiday destinations where quiet beaches and clear blue skies are an accepted way of life.
Well, today I want to show you how to get your hands on your dream offshore property by following three simple steps. Ste... ››› more
- [04 May 2016]
- Invest in your paradise beach house and grow your wealth for decades to come
- Just imagine walking out of your holiday house onto the beach and it's just you on the unspoilt, white sand.
There are no people fighting for a piece of the sun…
There's no litter...
The turquoise sea is so clear, it's perfect for snorkelling, diving or just lazing in the African sun.
It's paradise. And it's less than five hours away…
Even better, when you look inland, there are... ››› more
- [06 April 2016]
Watch And Learn