Rand Vs Dollar
- Good news…All main exchanges are on the up!
- JSE up 3,3%
Last week the JSE recovered from an oversold position to close the week with a gain of 3,3%. Financials gained 4,8% and Industrials were up 3,7%. Resources managed a gain of 1,5%.
DAX up 6,6%, CAC up 5.2%.
European markets breathed a sigh of relief as the Italian referendum failed, the Dax gained 6,6% and the CAC 5,2%. Italy was up 7,3% and Spain put in 6,5%
US Markets... ››› more
- [13 December 2016]
- Finally, the rand finds a stable footing thanks to the South African Reserve Bank
- The past few weeks have been harrowing for the rand.
It's been taking a severe beating from the dollar in the past two weeks.
Worst of all, rumours about the arrest of Pravin Gordhan has certainly not been helping matters at all. But, finally, it seems to have found a moment of stability. How long this will last, I don't know.
But let's take a closer look...
The rand is battered by t... ››› more
- [20 May 2016]
- Can you buck the weakening rand with the DB x-tracker FTSE 100?
- With the rand doing tumbles in the markets right now, you need a way to expose your money to international markets.
You see, by earning money in pounds or dollars, you're protecting yourself from the weaker rand here at home. In fact, you're increasing your investment returns. ETFs are a great way to get exposure offshore with limited risk and capital outlay. Today we've found you the ideal of... ››› more
- [18 May 2016]
- As I predicted the rand hit yet another low against the dollar - Here's what you must do
- Yesterday I warned investors that the rand will lose strength against the dollar because of the rumours that the Hawks want to arrest Pravin Gordhan for his involvement in the establishment of the SARS rogue unit while he was the tax agency's commissioner. As I expected, that's exactly what happened. But now, where to from here? Is it time for South African investors to be really worried? And wha... ››› more
- [17 May 2016]
- The rand looks set to trade weaker as it struggles to hold against the dollar
- This morning, the local currency traded weaker against the dollar. The rand is battling to gain some ground due to a lack of fresh data to boost its performance.
Looking forward, geopolitical events looks set to determine the rand's performance. Investor sentiment towards riskier assets, such as the rand, will play a big part.
Let's take a closer look at what's going on…
The rand’s... ››› more
- [12 August 2014]
Watch And Learn