- This South African Shiraz can hold its own anywhere in the world
- Nestled on the southwestern slopes of the Helderberg, between Stellenbosch and Somerset West, lies a prime wine growing district and home to the exquisite Avontuur Estate.
Famous over the decades for its beautiful Thoroughbred Stud Farm, Avontuur's emphasis has always been on quality rather than quantity and this vision stems right through to the estate's premier wine range, all six of which a... ››› more
- [22 August 2014]
- When respected wine experts tell you a Shiraz is exquisite, you better listen…
- If you love red wine, we're willing to bet a good bottle of Shiraz isn't ever far from your dinner table. And when it comes to great local Shiraz's, Mount Vernon Estate's Three Peaks Cantata 2011 tops the experts' list of must-drink wines.
The big, bold wine flavours of blackberry, plum, chocolate and spice that come with every sip of Shiraz is enough to make anyone want another glass of this l... ››› more
- [19 February 2014]
- Move over Australia! SA's top Shiraz is setting taste buds alight all over the world
- Merlot... Cabernet Sauvignon… Pinot Noir… They're all great red wines. And they frequently appear on menus and wine racks around the world. But these days, Shiraz reds are appearing more and more on these lists as well! After all, no wine lover can ignore the understated elegance and dependable flavours they offer your palate… And few can match the quality and taste of the four-star Platter ... ››› more
- [24 October 2013]
Watch And Learn