- SA firmer, US softer, OPEC may curb production further - Three JSE stocks to buy with updates
- Local markets were slightly firmer across the board last week, assisted by some Rand weakness and better commodity prices. US markets were slightly softer, the UK rallied 1,8% while Europe was flat.
US economic data did not meet expectations, which has called the pace of continued rate hikes into question. The US dollar gave up ground against most major currency pairs. Political uncertainty re... ››› more
- [17 May 2017]
- The proven secrets to master the “buy high and sell higher” strategy
- We've all heard the expression to make money in the market you need to, “Buy low and sell high.”
Well today, I'm going to shatter that conventional wisdom and introduce you to one investor who managed to master the art of “buy high and sell higher”. And in doing so, become one of the world's greatest investors.
It was so effective, that his stock recommendation publication returned... ››› more
- [08 May 2017]
- Being a slapgat can destroy your trading account!
- Picture this…
You're lying on your comfy couch watching Billions on TV.
You have your laptop on your lap, eating Big Corn Bites while drinking a beer.
You have your trading platform in front of you and you're taking trades, hoping to make some moola for the night.
Aaaah the life!
If you thought this was a perfect way to trade to your financial freedom, then prepare to be financially... ››› more
- [02 May 2017]
- Last year this stock rallied over 60% in less than 7 months and now it could do it again
- **Trade Alert: What to Invest in NOW**
After an almost meteoric rise in share price, this small cap's share price has come back to earth.
And it's time to buy again.
You see this share has fallen from an all-time high of R16.99 on 31 October 2016 to R10.60 where it is today.
That's a similar price to a year ago, where it rallied over 65% in less than 7 months. And it did a similar thing... ››› more
- [26 April 2017]
- If you bought Lifecare Health two weeks ago, you'd be up 27% - Two to buy and one to sell
- Global markets are watching developments around the French elections for direction. Once again, a far-right candidate, with radical views is the underdog and has the potential to create a shock to the status quo.
Emmanuel Marcon is leading Marine Le Pen after the first round, both candidates have offered to hold referendums on remaining part of the European Union.
The US earnings season k... ››› more
- [25 April 2017]
- Profit Alert! Why this one line tells me Brent Crude Oil is going up
- Fun times we're living in.
We have two scenarios with oil in South Africa.
Oil goes up in price and the petrol price goes up.
Oil goes down in price and the petrol price STILL goes up.
So clearly, no matter which way the oil price goes, we are still going to pay higher petrol prices.
But there are ways to profit from the oil price, by just using one simple line.
Today I'm going to... ››› more
- [11 April 2017]
- Cabinet reshuffle announced - Two to buy and one to sell
- Admittedly, I expected more movement in the Rand once the cabinet reshuffle was announced. We have a saying that “the Market always knows” which seems to apply in this case.
When Mr. Nene was removed, the Rand fell 8,5% within the first few days and then extended those losses by another 10% a few weeks later. By comparison the Rand has loss only 7% so far, perhaps the Market knew that SA I... ››› more
- [06 April 2017]
- The latest Interest Rate cycle that could end in financial disaster
- Have you ever heard of the saying, “Those who do not remember the past, are condemned to repeat it?”
Well, humans can learn valuable lessons by looking back at historical events, but choose not to.
And in many cases, we tend to repeat history and make the same mistakes.
Think about how many financial decisions we've made that ended up in economic disaster.
For example, the deci... ››› more
- [27 March 2017]
- My first gold prediction for 2017
- For years we've been reading some ridiculous gold predictions from experts. And when I say experts, I'm talking about the TOP banking analysts around the world.
“Gold is going to $6,000 in the next three years” “You can expect the gold price to go up 15,000% from here”
At that time gold was trading at $1,719, when these predictions were made. And guess what? Today gold is trading at ... ››› more
- [22 March 2017]
- "Triple Witching" stirs local market rally- Two to buy and two to sell
- “Triple Witching” refers to the combined expiration of the Index futures, Index options and stock options. In the UK and US this happens on Friday's, but in SA it happens a day earlier on Thursday. The event typically creates increased market activity and in some cases volatility.
Global markets were relatively subdued for last week's expiry, the US, UK and European majors were firmer by b... ››› more
- [21 March 2017]
- Why every investor needs this exit strategy
- When you buy a stock and it doubles, what do you do?
Many investors would sell, feeling like they've made a good profit. Then, they sit on the sidelines and watch as their stock goes higher and higher - cursing that they've sold too soon.
Founder of Agora Publishing, Bill Bonner gives a great example of this:
Financial writer Richard Russell of the Dow Theory Letters invested in Warren... ››› more
- [20 March 2017]
- The cure for investor insanity
- The great Albert Einstein once defined insanity as “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
I'm sure on a personal level, you've experienced this insanity.
The fact is, we continually make the same mistakes in all areas of life. And when it comes to investing, this is especially true.
That's why today I'm going to explain the two most common inves... ››› more
- [17 March 2017]
- US interest rates, Three to buy and one to sell
- US interest rates on the rise.
Fed Chair Janet Yellen provided testimony last week indicating a high likelihood of another US interest rate hike in March. The markets are now pricing in a 0,25% hike. The US dollar is strengthening again.
Local markets were flat over the week. The All Share squeezed out a gain of 0,1%, Resources were similar and Industrials down marginally (0,5%), Fin... ››› more
- [16 March 2017]
- Two rules you need to know to get into your first Forex trade
- There's no feeling like this…
You have money in your Forex account. You have your strategy written down in front of you.
And finally, this is it…
You're about to take your first trade…
You put in your entry, stop loss and take profit level and then…
You have no idea how much money to deposit.
Find out about the two rules you need to know to get into your first Forex... ››› more
- [28 February 2017]
- Claim your FREE Forex Trading Journal to track your success in 2017
- Trading your own account and owning a business is no different.
You need to keep track of your financial records to see how your business is performing.
This way you'll be able to monitor and manage it better for your success.
I want to give you a Forex Trading Journal today. So you can keep track of your Forex success in 2017.
Why should you have a Forex Journal with you at all... ››› more
- [08 February 2017]
- Goldfields and the three profitable bears
- On 20 January 2017 Friday evening, Donald J Trump became the 45th president of the United States.
We saw the markets welcome the transition of power. But we also know the sentiment is fickle as weather.
In today's Trading Tips, and in honour of his inauguration, I want to look at three bearish (downside) trading set ups and one safe-haven gold trade.
These companies may ... ››› more
- [26 January 2017]
- How every investor can avoid the “Disposition Effect”
- Put yourself in this situation…
You have R20,000 to invest. You decide to buy a stable growth company and an undervalued share with explosive potential.
In six months' time, the stable growth company is up 50%, while your bargain buy is down 20%.
Now a 50% return in 6 months' from just one stock sounds incredible - That's R5,000 in your pocket for doing nothing. You decide you don't wan... ››› more
- [28 November 2016]
- The lazy trader's way to profits
- When I say trader what do you think about?
How about a stressed out guy with over four screens, screaming every time he gets in and out of a trade?
How about a guy who's pulling his hair out at the thought that he's losing his wealth very quickly?
How about a guy that has tons of charts, calculators and pieces of paper on his desk to do complicated maths sums with his trades?
This couldn'... ››› more
- [24 November 2016]
- Timon, can you help me turn my money into millions?
- I must say… I'm very impressed with the level of questions I'm getting from you lately.
It's taking Trading Tips to a whole new level of trading professionalism.
And I couldn't be prouder of having you on board.
Just two years ago, I received very easy trading questions that you could find the answers on Google. But lately they have been in-depth questions that has required me to apply... ››› more
- [23 November 2016]
- To trade or gamble? I say do both
- There are only three topics I'm comfortable to write to you about...
Trading, investing and strategic gambling.
If you understand probabilities and risk management, the world is your oyster with those three topics.
If you want to make a second income trading the markets, you need to know how to tilt the odds in your favour.
And if you want to make a third income at the casino, you need... ››› more
- [16 November 2016]
Watch And Learn