Three To Buy
- A Tale of Two Halves - Three to buy with updates
- The JSE's Top40 index closed the first half of the year slightly positive at 0.8%. The Industrials were the leaders of the pack as the only major sector to rack up a positive return of 6.4% while resources were underwater by 9.6%.
The entire market has been propped up by a handful of top performing shares like Naspers, Richmont, BATS, BidCorp, Mondi and Capitec. The interesting thing to note i... ››› more
- [05 July 2017]
- Moving swiftly along - Three to buy
- A week of heightened protests has ended and the ANC Cadre are holding the fort, for now. Their confidence masks the growing dissension from all sides, including members of its own party, eventually pressure will come to bear.
Fitch followed S&P in downgrading SA, but again the reaction was relatively muted. Clearly the market had been preparing for this eventuality. Of more concern is that som... ››› more
- [11 April 2017]
- Commodities take a step lower - Three to buy and one to sell
- Commodities take a step lower
Brent oil led the commodity basket lower last week, losing 8,1%; Platinum and Gold were down 5,7% and 2,4% respectively.
Although the Rand softened, the pressure was too much for the JSE All Share Index which fell 0,8%. Resources fell 5,5%, but the rest of the sectors held up well.
International indices were slightly softer across most time zone... ››› more
- [16 March 2017]
- Good news…All main exchanges are on the up!
- JSE up 3,3%
Last week the JSE recovered from an oversold position to close the week with a gain of 3,3%. Financials gained 4,8% and Industrials were up 3,7%. Resources managed a gain of 1,5%.
DAX up 6,6%, CAC up 5.2%.
European markets breathed a sigh of relief as the Italian referendum failed, the Dax gained 6,6% and the CAC 5,2%. Italy was up 7,3% and Spain put in 6,5%
US Markets... ››› more
- [13 December 2016]
Watch And Learn