- Movers of the Week - Plus 3 to buy and 2 to sell
- Trump in the White House - America First!
As President Trump was being inaugurated the markets appeared to be waiting for direction. The JSE closed slightly lower, down 0,6% and the major developed markets were little changed if not slightly softer. Currency and Commodity also appear to be in a holding pattern.
Trump's speech was direct and unambiguous, watch-out as America puts its foot... ››› more
- [24 January 2017]
- Cash in as Nigeria becomes Africa's next big investment hotspot
- Forget South Africa, Nigeria is growing at such a fast rate, in fact, economists expect Nigeria to overtake SA and become Africa's biggest economy. Don't wait for that to happen before you invest in Nigeria. Here's a home-grown smart investment you can make today…
“Economists expect Nigeria, already the continent's most populous nation and largest oil producer, to overtake South Africa ... ››› more
- [04 January 2017]
- Shares in Tiger Brands soar almost 6% higher as its CEO steps down
- Earlier today, Tiger Brands announced that its chief executive officer, Peter Matlare, was stepping down from his position.
The statement from the company didn't divulge any more details about who would replace Mr Matlare.
Shares gained on the news.
Let's take a closer look at what's going on…
Investors greeted Tiger Brands’ CEO departure well
Shares in Tiger Brands [JSE:TBS]... ››› more
- [25 September 2015]
- About the company: Tiger Brands Ltd [JSE:TBS]
- With its roots dating back to 1896, Tiger Brands has grown into a large packaged goods company, known for several of its popular brands. As SA's largest food manufacturer, it is one of the top 40 companies on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange…
Full name: Tiger Brands Limited
Short name: Tigbrands
Sector: Food & beverage – food producers
Five top facts about Tiger Brands
... ››› more
- [12 June 2015]
- Shares in Tiger Brands take a knock as it pulls its Tastic products over fears of carcinogenic ingredients
- Earlier today, Tiger Brands announced that it had recalled its Tastic Simply Delicious line due to fears over ingredients used in the products.
The recall affects seven of the 20 product range. It all stems from worries about colorants used in the products.
Shares in Tiger Brands are heavily down this afternoon.
Let's take a closer look…
Tiger Brands says the findings affect 17,00... ››› more
- [16 October 2014]
- Tiger Brands' results disappoint
- Earlier today, Tiger Brands Ltd released its full year results to the end of September. The results reveal that Tiger Brands earnings dropped due to its Nigerian business. Shares in Tiger Brands suffered as a result. Let's take a closer look at what the results showed…
Tiger Brands “disappointed investors with a 4% fall in full year profit,” says Fin24. This is due to “losses at its rece... ››› more
- [20 November 2013]
- Use this simple calculation to work out how much profit you've banked on your shares
- When it comes to selling shares out of your portfolio, one of the most important figures you'll need to know is the return on your investment. But how do you know how much money you've banked? Read on to uncover how to calculate your percentage gain…
You buy shares to make money – and that’s why before you sell your shares the thing you need to know most is what return have you made on you... ››› more
- [05 June 2013]
Watch And Learn