- Guaranteed protection and growth: This investment is only available for a limited time
- In this uncertain environment, investors want capital protection while not wanting to miss market performance.
Normally as an investment advisor, I would say it is impossible to have both, security and market exposure.
But the good news is, there's now a way to tap into an investment that provide exactly this.
This investment is only available for a limited time. So you... ››› more
- [08 June 2017]
- If there ever was a time for capital protection, this is it!
- As it stands, we are at the tail end of an eight-year bull market and, by most estimates, markets in the developed world are massively overpriced versus historical levels.
When we have seen such conditions in the past, global markets almost always fell dramatically within a year or two.
Adding to this risk is the fact that the US Fed, the European Central Bank and a number of other central ... ››› more
- [11 May 2017]
- Receive dollar-based performance through structured products
- Since my last article on the subject of structured products I have received a number of enquiries from readers asking for more information. Due to the overwhelming response I decided to do this follow-up article and go over the most frequently asked questions.
First, for those who may not have read the original, here is a brief recap. I discussed a currently available structured product with ... ››› more
- [17 March 2017]
- Putting a few eggs in other baskets is easier than you think
- Imagine a country with massive amounts of natural resources.
The richest economy in its region.
However, there are signs of trouble, including rising inequality and societal unrest.
To combat this the government is turning to populism by taxing the rich, confiscating assets and dramatically increasing the redistribution of funds to the poor.
This is not South Africa in 2017 I am t... ››› more
- [16 March 2017]
- The 3 most troubling takeaways from SONA
- The State of the Nation Address (SONA) was certainly a spectacle, unfortunately mainly for the wrong reasons. However, as South Africans, it's essential to analyse the SONA - especially as it could have a significant impact on our lives.
Personally, I found three aspects of SONA particularly troubling…
Why investors should be worried about SONA 2017 #1: The violence
In hi... ››› more
- [16 February 2017]
- What would you say to 100% market upside with no downside risk?
- Imagine turning on the TV and finding the following Infomercial:
We are giving you the opportunity to invest in the S&P500. It is the world’s premier equity index, dwarfing the JSE. Receive dollar based returns while getting exposure to some of the world's largest and most innovative companies including Apple, Berkshire Hathaway and Caterpillar.
But that’s not all, we also gi... ››› more
- [09 February 2017]
Watch And Learn