Investors looking to diversify offshore should be using the current strength to their advantage and take funds offshore. Even investors who don’t want to take funds offshore can look at locally listed offshore ETFs or Structured products to gain offshore exposure. Some offer downside protection from losses.
One of my favourite structured products is the Tandem Protect from Old Mutual. The 15th Tranche of the Tandem Protect closes today but a new tranche should open soon.
The 15th tranche offers 11.04% compounded return over three years on 50% of your capital and the other half is exposed to an equally weighted index of the S&P and Euro Stoxx 50 with 100% downside protection in Rands. You are guaranteed an 18.45% total return on your funds after 3 years and still have a 100 % upside participation in the index growth. Minimum investment is R2 million and it’s only open to individuals and trusts due to the tax benefits within the product.
If you’d like further information on structured products or offshore ETFs, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
and I will get back to you.
Circle this date in your diary… 28 February 2019
This marks the day this airline could DOUBLE YOUR MONEY in 18 months.
Full details of this stock and four others in Francois Joubert’s Invest for Profit 2019 Blueprint – FREE DOWNLOAD
Short Term Ideas
• Sasol: Buy below R430, target R460.00 (Longer term profit target in update below)
Long Term Ideas
• Dischem: Buy below R25.50, short term target R29.50 long term target R37.50
• Sasol: Long term buy below R430. Target R550.
• AB InBev: Buy below R1,000 with a target of R1,500
• Richemont: Buy dips below R95. Target R130.00.
• Remgro: A break above R210 is needed to open up R230. Buy below R200.00
• Coronation: Sentiment still negative. Buy dips below R50.00 for a move back to R80
• Shoprite: Sector earnings under pressure. Hold.
• Aspen: Bottoming out. Add below R150.00, keep exposure appropriate.
• Sygnia: Moving in the right direction. Add below R8.
• MTN: Earnings expected to rise at least 20%. Accumulate on below R85.
• Glencore: Buy below R52.50.
• Naspers: Break out imminent, buy below R3,000. Target R3,800
Investors looking to take advantage of the stronger Rand and gain offshore exposure with limited downside should contact us as new product launches close soon. Email: email@example.com
The Tax year closes soon, investors looking to lower their tax liability through retirement savings should contact us for the various options we provide. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information with Retirement Savings in the subject line.