Advantages Of Rebalancing
- Why rebalancing can pay off if you invest for the long-term
- Rebalancing your portfolio involves periodically buying and selling different asset classes within your portfolio to bring everything back to your original allocation. And back to your optimal mix of assets. In theory rebalancing seems to make a lot of sense. But in practise is it really worth the bother? Let's take a closer look…
Rebalancing could be worth the hassle involved
A couple of st... ››› more
- [03 July 2014]
- Investor conundrum: Should you rebalance your portfolio?
- One of the biggest challenges for any investor is to control your emotions. Human beings have a tendency to act in herds. They chase the latest hot investment and sell out of the least popular stuff. In other words, we instinctively buy high and sell low. But this is the exact opposite of what we should be doing. And that's what makes rebalancing a good idea. Let's take a closer look at whether yo... ››› more
- [28 January 2014]
- Does rebalancing your portfolio really work?
- In theory, rebalancing - buying and selling to get your overall asset pot back to your target allocations - makes a lot of sense. But what about in practice? Some studies show that it might actually be worth it. Read on to find out the pros and cons of rebalancing your portfolio…
Well, there are a couple of studies that suggest that rebalancing works in ‘the real world,’ Phil Oakley in Mon... ››› more
- [22 November 2013]