Francois Joubert, Analyst, Red Hot Penny Shares
- Predicting 2022 in 5 minutes
- Every year we start off with our biggest, boldest and best predictions for the coming 12 months.
How will the world around us change? What will stock markets do? And where do the biggest opportunities exist?
Five predictions to start off the year
Prediction #1 - The pandemic will end in 2022
It’s the prediction no one has been willing to make. Just as we think things are taking... ››› more
- [11 January 2022]
- Is South Africa heading for a recession again?
- Last week's GDP data showed that South Africa's economy shrunk in the third quarter of 2021.
This follows four quarters of economic growth from pandemic lows.
It also means that another quarter of economic contraction would put the country back in recession.
So, are we heading back into recession, or will the economy turn upwards from here?
Let's have a look at what the numbers say… ... ››› more
- [15 December 2021]
- So what do you do with Brait N-Shares?
- I recently got a mail from Keith asking about Brait's latest rights offer:
“Hi Francois. Hope all is well with you. I have BAT shares, only 545. Now they have some kind of rights offer and I got 1 BATN, lol. I need to make an election, but I don't understand. Currently the BATN is trading around 1000 c. Take up value is 100,000c. Does it mean I can take up the nil share, it gets added to the 5... ››› more
- [09 December 2021]
- Why the rising petrol price is here to stay
- The petrol price in South Africa is breaking the R20 a litre level.
December 2020 it sold for R14.26 a litre. That's an increase of 41.6%
Sure - the 2020 level for petrol prices was a low base. Covid reduced demand and the oil price was really low.
But the huge increases we're seeing now are hurting - and they'll definitely affect business as well.
-------------------------------------------... ››› more
- [03 December 2021]