Investing In Emerging Markets
- Where the performers are in emerging markets
- It's easy to chuck all emerging markets into the same pot, but the fact is, these markets perform very differently to one another.
There are some emerging markets that have limped along of late, whilst others have put in astonishing performances.
Let's take a closer look at how emerging markets have performed and what to look for if you want to invest…
Overall emerging markets have l... ››› more
- [26 August 2014]
- Ukraine's chaos: Why it's having such a big effect on emerging market economies like ours
- Unrest in Thailand, Venezuela and Ukraine, as well as precarious governments in Turkey and Argentina have all conspired to give emerging markets a black eye over the last few months. This week the Ukrainian situation took the spotlight as protestors struggled to form some sort of government after the ouster of the former Prime Minister.
Here's what's going on and how it's affecting our stock m... ››› more
- [28 February 2014]
- A weaker rand and emerging market mayhem - that's what's on the cards this month
- January was a difficult month for investors. Though several Developed Markets fell, the epicentre of the pain was definitely in emerging markets. This shouldn't have come as a surprise. I've consistently predicted trouble for emerging markets as Quantitative Easing began to end. That said, several emerging markets, including South Africa have decided to make the worst of a bad situation. Today we ... ››› more
- [04 February 2014]
- How to profit from the Cloud Revolution
- I was in a state of total panic on Monday! My client had just called me and bumped up my Friday deadline to that very same day. Within the space of an hour, I had to email 84 high-resolution photographs to Nairobi. Those files are BIG.
And the internet connection is shoddy!
So uploading one image can take up to 10 minutes...
There was no way I was going to meet my deadline. I was in a ma... ››› more
- [25 September 2013]
- Three emerging market investment trends that you should know about
- You've probably heard that if you want access to greater growth opportunities, you need to invest offshore. But did you know that emerging markets are fast becoming the best offshore opportunities around? In fact, the BRICS economies already account for 43% of the world's population and 21% of its GDP. Read on to discover investment trends playing out in emerging markets that you should keep an ey... ››› more
- [14 May 2013]
- Unilever is betting big on India, should you?
- Over 100 years ago, in 1888, when Queen Victoria sat on the English thrown, the company that would later become Unilever, decided India was the country of the future and established business there.
Now, over a century later, the company still feels the same way.
In fact, it's so convinced of this, it's betting $5.4 billion on it.
But should you be pushing your hard earned wealth into the ... ››› more
- [06 May 2013]
- Are you investing where this week's BRICS Summit showed you should?
- The Fifth BRICS summit held in Durban this week has come to an end. There were fears that the much-mooted BRICS Development Bank wouldn't be discussed, but it now appears to be firmly on the cards. That's great news for South Africa because it firmly cements our place among the BRICS emerging markets. And that's exactly where you should be investing - in emerging markets!
The Fifth BRICS Summit... ››› more
- [28 March 2013]
- Looking for stellar gains? Invest in emerging market banks
- The BRICS nation economies are doing better and better. As a result, the fifth annual BRICS Summit, taking place in Durban on 26 and 27 March, will be the setting for exciting new talks of the formation of a new BRICS bank. Here's how you can take advantage of this by investing in the emerging markets banking sector.
The BRICS nations of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa have proven... ››› more
- [06 March 2013]