Investing In Preference Shares
- Boost your dividend yield by investing in shares with a bit of a difference
- You can make money two ways by investing in shares.
Firstly, by buying at one price and selling at a higher price. And secondly, by receiving dividends from the companies you invest in.
So what if there was a way you could boost the yield you receive from dividends that doesn't carry the same amount of risk as investing in ordinary dividend paying shares?
Well you can, by investing in pr... ››› more
- [03 September 2015]
- Investing for income and prepared to take on more risk? Preference shares could be for you…
- If you like investing in bonds for the peace of mind that fixed-interest payments bring, have you considered investing in preference shares?
Preference shares pay out ‘guaranteed' dividends. This type of share does carry higher risks than bonds, so they're not for the risk averse, but they're not as risky as investing in shares.
So what exactly are preference shares? How do they work? And ... ››› more
- [13 February 2015]
- How to invest in preference shares
- If you're looking for an income stream, have you considered investing in preference shares?
Preference shares combine the plus sides of equities and bonds into one financial instrument. As a preference shareholder, you rank higher up the list for dividend payment to ordinary shareholders.
When you buy preference shares, you're effectively lending money to the company the shares are in.
T... ››› more
- [12 November 2014]
- The benefits of investing in preference shares
- When it comes to investing, you may think that you have to decide between investing in shares and investing in bonds.
But what if there was an investment that combined shares and bonds to give you the benefits of both?
That's where preference shares come in.
So what are preference shares? And what are the benefits of investing in them?
Let's take a closer look…
What are prefere... ››› more
- [10 November 2014]
- Preference shares: One way to boost your income
- Preference shares are a special type of share that some companies issue. On the JSE at the moment, nearly 30 companies have preference shares listed. If you're looking for income over the long-term, look to preference shares. So what is a preference share? And why invest in preference shares? Read on to uncover what you need to know…
What are preference shares?
Preference shares are diffe... ››› more
- [26 May 2014]
- Five types of preference shares you can invest in
- Whiles ordinary shares are the most common type of stock, the other type of share you'll encounter in your investing activities is the preference share. Read on to find out about the different types of preference shares you can invest in…
A preference share is mix of equity and debt. “It has most of the same characteristics of an ordinary share, like bar voting rights, but carries a ‘guar... ››› more
- [27 May 2013]