Investment Holding Companies
- What's going on with Zeder?
- Zeder is a little investment holdings company on the JSE. For years it was a core shareholder in Pioneer Foods (acquired by PepsiCo). It also holds a number of other interesting agricultural businesses as well…
But the company's share price is down 62% in the past five years.
What's going on? And is there an opportunity to profit? -----------------------------------------------------------... ››› more
- [21 April 2022]
- Should you avoid stocks in 2019?
- South African stocks ended 2018 as the worst year since 2008.
The FTSE/JSE Africa All Share Index ended the year down 11%, its worst performance since 2008. But this was still better than the emerging market average of -17%...
It's fair to say that 2018 was a torrid year for investors especially considering it started very promising with SA's new president replacing Zuma…
But a strin... ››› more
- [09 January 2019]
- This investment company is selling at a great discount - BUY!
- Buying shares at a significant discount provides some downside protection.
Knowing you bought R1 of assets for 79 cents gives you comfort, and one investment holding company is trading at exactly that.
While investment holding companies typical trade at a discount to their some of the parts value, when these companies sell or distribute assets, the benefit is received at full market value.
... ››› more
- [13 September 2018]
- Food Producers: Where will the winners be?
- Food: No one can live without it. And which the Food Producers Index rising 118% over the past five years, it's clear that this is one sector that's heating up. But not all shares in this index are created equally. So if you want to invest in this sector, go into it with your eyes open.
To start, let’s have a look at what risks face investors who are looking to invest in the shares of food pr... ››› more
- [13 October 2013]