Joshua Benton, Editor, South African Investor
- The biggest threat to the global financial system in 2019 and the technology that could solve it
- Did you hear that roughly one in every 15 people on the planet recently had their personal details stolen?
That's right, Marriott hotels announced that 500 million customer details have been compromised.
The company said,
One in every 15 people on the planet have just had their “name, mailing address, phone number, email address, passport number, Starwood Preferred Guest (“SP... ››› more
- [24 January 2019]
- How a hit comedy show predicted a new way to steal your cryptos
- Have you ever heard of the hit US comedy show called Silicon Valley?
It's centred around five “geeky” guys who develop a start-up
company in the hopes of striking it big in Silicon Valley.
If you're into tech, this is a TV show you should definitely be watching.
It's not a serious show, but this last season in 2018, Silicon Valley predicted a major development in the world of crypto.... ››› more
- [26 June 2018]
- If you're invested in crypto, then you're definitely going to like what about to share
- Two weeks ago, you heard that the wealthiest families, the Rockerfellers and Rothschilds, are buying cryptos.
I also explained the game-changing events happening in the crypto market right now - especially with Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Quite frankly, we're on the cusp of something major in the crypto world.
And if you're invested in crypto, then you're definitely going to like what about ... ››› more
- [28 May 2018]
- The two biggest crypto predictions that could come true within five to ten years
- We hear a lot about how cryptos will change the world. But what are they supposed to be changing specifically?
What is the big impact blockchain and other crypto tech is actually supposed to have, and on what areas of our lives?
Well, in today's issue I'm going to list the top two predictions I've seen for what this technology will do in the coming years.
And we’re not talking over ... ››› more
- [24 May 2018]
- The world's most powerful people are buying crypto - So should you!
- The world's richest and most powerful are buying crypto.
No I'm not talking about…
Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg
Legendary investor Warren Buffett
Microsoft’s CEO, Bill Gates
Not even the world’s richest person, Amazon owner, Jeff Bezos.
I’m talking about people whose wealth spans hundreds of billions.
Don’t know who I’m talk... ››› more
- [14 May 2018]
- Beginner's guide to investing in crypto: Part one
- Right now, we are living through a revolution in money - the cryptocurrency revolution.
I'm sure by now, you already know the potential of cryptocurrencies and how they're minting new millionaires every day.
The more mainstream cryptos have become, the more people have started to take interest in it. In fact, over the past year or so, plenty of South African's have invested in cryptos and ... ››› more
- [13 April 2018]
- The one investment opportunity you simply can't ignore
- Wouldn't you like to generate returns like 44,400%, 885%, 198% and 110%?
Sounds great right?
Well, the investment opportunity I want to share with you today has achieved exactly that.
These are the kind of returns that could boost your retirement; send you on a fancy holiday anywhere in the world or help you pay off some debt.
That's why, you simply can't ignore this investment op... ››› more
- [03 April 2018]
- Beginner's guide to investing in crypto: Part Six
- Okay. So you've got in, bought some cryptos, hopefully seen your profits increase and now cashed out for a sizeable gain.
The only thing left to do, before you go spending all that money, is pay your taxes.
I know this is not the most exciting part of the guide, but it's potentially the most important.
You don't want SARS to come knocking at your door, because you didn't pay any tax.
... ››› more
- [26 March 2018]
- Beginner's guide to investing in crypto: Part five
- You've decided you want to invest in cryptocurrencies.
You've opened an account with a cryptocurrency exchange.
You've deposited your money and bought some Bitcoin, Ethereum or another cryptocurrency.
Now how do you make sure your cryptos are secure and stored safely?
Well, before I tell you, you need to know that storing cryptos isn't like storing cash. There are no intermediaries... ››› more
- [20 March 2018]
- Beginner's guide to investing in crypto: Part four
- Did you know that in 2017 alone, Bitcoin returned over 1,300% and Ethereum returned over 9,000%?
Amazing isn't it?
But these returns were child's play when you compare them to other cryptos like…
• Ripple, which returned over 36,000%
• NEM, which returned over 29,800%
• Stellar, which returned over 14,400%
You could've made an absolute fortune if you bought any of these cr... ››› more
- [12 March 2018]
- Beginner's guide to investing in crypto: Part three
- In the earlier parts of my beginner's guide to investing in cryptos, I covered some general rules for investing in cryptos and the different types of cryptos.
Today, we get to the fun part.
In part three of my beginners guide to investing in cyptos, I'll briefly explain how to structure your crypto portfolio.
But more importantly, I’ll take you through all the steps to buying crypto... ››› more
- [05 March 2018]
- Beginner's guide to investing in crypto: Part two
- Welcome to the second part of my “Beginner's guide to investing in crypto”.
Last week, in part one, I covered…
The number one rule for crypto investing
One type of crypto
The best ways to research cryptos.
If you haven’t caught up on part one yet, you can read it here.
Today, we’ll cover more about the different types of cryptos and why you w... ››› more
- [26 February 2018]
- “Before the earthquake, you get the rumblings”
- One of world's most successful investors, Carl Icahn, said in an interview with CNBC.
“Before the earthquake, you get the rumblings and then maybe you don't have an earthquake for 20 years, or 10 years, or five years. But these are the rumblings.”
Carl Icahn was specifically referring to the stock market crash.
The funny thing is, there is no obvious cause for all this. In fact, th... ››› more
- [13 February 2018]
- Not since 2007…
- I'm sick of reading it. The number of indicators “at levels not seen since 2007” is piling up fast. Some are all-time records. While others are “at levels not seen since 2000.”
Just about all the measures signal we're in for a crash. In just about everything. Except for one asset class. More on that opportunity below.
But first, do warning signs necessarily mean you need to take cove... ››› more
- [06 February 2018]
- Beware: This worrying trend could destroy your wealth in 2018
- In just a couple of days, around R183 billion was wiped off Steinhoff's market cap. The company's shares have lost over 80%. CEO Markus Jooste resigned with immediate effect.
Investors, asset managers and fund managers lost a fortune!
So what exactly happened?
"Steinhoff has involved itself in some shady dealings which involves accounting irregularities and overstating profits.”
... ››› more
- [11 December 2017]
- Have we discovered the future of money?
- Did you know that the story of money is older than civilisation itself?
That's right. Money is an “innovation” that's older than the wheel and, as old as fire.
Originally when humans wanted to trade outside their tribe or villages, they needed something that everyone agreed had value. Something that was accessible.
Enter “commodity money”.
There were many kinds of commodity... ››› more
- [06 December 2017]
- Even South Africa's biggest companies join the “Crypto Revolution”
- Last week, cryptocurrency expert Sam Volkering shared how international companies are investing in blockchain technology.
Companies like financial technology provider Novatti Group.
“Novatti signed an MOU (memorandum of understanding) with Lightyear.io, an organisation that works with the Stellar Development Foundation. Stellar has developed a blockchain, but instead of providing pure pe... ››› more
- [28 November 2017]
- This Crypto “might just be the best thing that ever happened to Japan”
- The cryptocurrency I want to tell you about today was founded in 2014 under the development of a team of Japanese developers.
This year, this cryptocurrency has seen incredible growth.
My colleague and cryptocurrencies guru, Sam Volkering explains why…
“The reason is that the Japanese crypto market continues to see money flow out of the “traditional” banking and finance system,... ››› more
- [13 November 2017]
- The next Bitcoin could make you a millionaire
- On 1 January 2017, this cryptocurrency's price stood at around $8.24.
At that time, its market cap was around $720 million.
Fast-forward to today, its market cap has grown past $30 billion. But even better, its price has soared to around $322 - which is a 3,807% return compared to Bitcoin's 453% return this year.
In other words, a R120 investment into this cryptocurrency on 1 January 2... ››› more
- [16 October 2017]
- This is what ordinary Zimbabwean's are doing to protect themselves from hyperinflation V2.0
- A decade ago, Zimbabwe experienced one of, if not, the worst inflation crises.
Hyperinflation wiped out Zimbabweans' personal savings.
It left shops empty.
And it became almost impossible for people to buy a tank of petrol or daily groceries.
There's no accurate number that shows how much Zimbabwe's inflation actually rose, but some estimated as high as 500 billion percent!
To ... ››› more
- [09 October 2017]