- Why diversification reduces your investment risk
- Diversification is an essential aspect of portfolio management. By not putting all your eggs in one basket, you can reduce the risk you take on when investing.
So why does diversification work? And should you bother?
Read on to find out more…
What is diversification is all about?
The idea behind diversification is you spread your stock market risk by investing in a number of diffe... ››› more
- [10 April 2015]
- The only three patterns you'll ever need to be a winning trader
- Many new traders believe that you need as many indicators as possible to have a winning trading strategy.
But I've found that the more indicators you flood your charts with, the more chances you'll end up losing money.
And at the end of the day, you'll end up feeling confused about where to start.
But today I want to take away confusion and doubt and show you how you can make huge prof... ››› more
- [29 May 2014]
- Revealed: The beauty of holding physical gold
- If you disregard the advantages of investing in gold, you're failing to bet on 6,000 years of recorded human history. As a means of economic security, gold and precious metals are here to stay. Read on to discover more about physical gold as an investment…
Through the ages, gold has always remained a store of value upon which an individual and a nation’s wealth is measured the experts at FSP... ››› more
- [29 November 2013]
- The most expensive stamp in SA is up for auction today
- Today, the most expensive stamp in South Africa goes up for auction. Experts believe the stamp will fetch over R1 million. The auction is taking place at Stephan Welz & Co Stamps, Postal History, Coins and Banknotes Auction in Johannesburg. Let's take a closer look at why this stamp is worth so much…
The infamous stamp is a “1913 Union King’s head 5 shilling inverted watermark, reports Tim... ››› more
- [10 October 2013]
- Diversify your portfolio by investing offshore
- Investing offshore lowers the risk of your portfolio. By investing offshore you can diversify your portfolio and gain handsomely in the process. Read on to find out why you should invest some of your cash outside SA…
Your main motive for investing offshore is to benefit from international diversification. This diversification comes from holding investments that have unrelated returns.
Globa... ››› more
- [24 July 2013]
- Don't ignore the ‘holy grail' of investing: Diversification
- No doubt you're familiar with the old stock market adage: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. But have you ever really considered why you should try and diversify your portfolio? Let's look at why it's such a crucial aspect of successful, profitable investing…
Once you’re happy with the mix of assets in your portfolio, you can create the right mix of each individual asset class by using p... ››› more
- [25 June 2013]