Real Estate Investment Trust
- This “first of a kind” new listing on the JSE is a stock to watch…
- The JSEs property sector is worth R590 billion. But until now it's only consisted of industrial, retail and office properties.
But on the 19th June 2015 a new company called Indluplace listed on the JSE. This company is the JSEs very first purely residential property company (REIT).
This is a big deal.
Being the first mover in the residential property market gives Indluplace a massive adv... ››› more
- [25 June 2015]
- Why REITs should form part of your long-term investment portfolio
- If you have a long-term investment portfolio, property should form part of it.
But investing in property doesn't mean buying property yourself. There's a much easier way to do it. You can invest in real estate investment trusts (REITs).
So why should you invest in property through REITs?
Let's take a closer look…
Why invest in REITs
Chances are you’re looking for a quality as... ››› more
- [04 December 2014]
- Investing in listed property? Here's everything you need to know about REITs
- If you want to invest in property without the hassle of buying and managing it yourself, you have a few options.
The best is to invest in listed property. One way to do this is to invest in real estate investment trusts (REITs).
REITs are a great way for investors to gain exposure to the property market.
Read on to find out what you need to know about investing in them…
REITs offe... ››› more
- [15 September 2014]
- How to know which REIT is right for you?
- There are 36 real estate investment trusts (REITs) listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. If you want to invest in one of them, how can you whittle them down? What should you look out for with REITs? Let's take a closer look…
What you need to consider when investing in REITs
Just like any investment, the performance of your investment is going to depend on how the economy is performing. ... ››› more
- [01 July 2014]
- Four key benefits of investing in REITs
- Real estate investment trusts, or REITs, are property companies listed on the stock market. They operate in a slightly different way from other listed property companies. In exchange for not paying certain corporation tax, they pay out a chunk of their profits to shareholders. You buy and sell REITs just like you do any other share on the stock market. So why should you invest in REITs? Let's look... ››› more
- [30 June 2014]
- Building a portfolio of high dividend paying stocks? Think about including some REITs
- If you want a portfolio that pays you an income then dividend paying stocks are the way to go. But what sectors of the market should you look to? Real estate investment trusts (REITs) can offer you high dividends payments. Including a few of these in your dividend paying portfolio could pay off. Let's take a closer look at what REITs can add to your portfolio…
The ins and outs of REITs
Real... ››› more
- [07 April 2014]
- The advantages of investing in REITs
- Real estate investment trusts (REITs) are property companies listed on the stock exchange. They invest in rental properties. These can range from commercial properties to residential properties. You can easily buy and sell them through your stockbroker, just like shares. Read on to discover the advantages of investing in REITs…
REITs can be a much better option than buying and renting a proper... ››› more
- [04 November 2013]
- REITs: The best way to invest in property
- Property has always been a very popular investment. Over the years, many people have shunned pensions and stocks for the comfort of owning bricks and mortar. It's not difficult to see why. Read on to find out about REITs, the best way to invest in property…
As well as providing you with somewhere to live, over the last 30 to 40 years, property has done very well, Phil Oakley in MoneyWeek expla... ››› more
- [04 November 2013]
- Long-term investors listen up: The listed property sector could double in the next decade!
- Despite yesterday's fears that the listed property bubble was starting to burst, the listed property sector is still an essential part of a balanced, diversified investment portfolio. If you haven't invested in listed property yet, now's the time to do so:. The sector's expected to follow the example of its Australian counterpart and double in size over the next ten years thanks to the introductio... ››› more
- [28 May 2013]
- Two reasons why you should be excited about the new property investment gem that hits our shores in May
- Looking for a way to invest in property? You're not the only one. And while you may not have the capital to buy a second home that you can rent out, the launch of South African Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) on 1 May is something to be excited about. Besides being a great way to tap into the property market without needing massive capital outlays, REITs also offer a number of attractive tax s... ››› more
- [12 April 2013]
- Revealed: The secret to minimising the tax hassle of investing in property!
- The new Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) tax legislation came into effect locally on 1 April. It's being touted as a great way to cut costs for investors looking to invest in property. Here's how you can benefit by investing in a REIT…
As demand for residential property increases and stock constraints continue, you can expect house prices to rise further. This makes now the ideal time to i... ››› more
- [05 April 2013]
- Invest in a REIT to profit from property investments
- Last week's Budget Speech made it clear that the introduction of Real Estate Investment Trusts or REITS on the local market will go ahead on 1 April as planned. That's just a few weeks away! Here's what you need to know so you can profit from these unusual property investment vehicles.
Studies on the local property market show you can expect to see good returns on your investments in 2013, says... ››› more
- [04 March 2013]
- Invest in REITs to reap the tax
- REITS or real estate investment trusts will be available to South African property investors from 1 April 2013. These make it easier to invest in property, as you don't have to look at properties, compare values or rent the property out for income - you just invest in a company that does all that for you. And you'll enjoy the tax benefits! “Property is the best investment,” says Gavin Fourie i... ››› more
- [06 February 2013]
- Delegate the hard part of property investing to a Real Estate Investment Trust and reap the benefits!
- After going through its darkest hour, people are buying houses in the US again and investors are making money from dividends and capital gains. And they're benefitting from REITS or real estate investment trusts. These make it easier to invest in real estate, as you don't have to look at properties, compare values, and rent the property out for income - you just invest in a company that does all o... ››› more
- [25 January 2013]