Saving For Your Retirement
- Why you need to think differently for retirement planning
- It's never too early to start planning for retirement. And this means thinking somewhat differently about retirement planning for your later years.
Have you ever stopped and asked yourself these questions?
1. How much will I need to save for retirement in order to live comfortably?
2. What are my retirement goals?
3. When should I start?
4. What should I do?
5. What costs might I... ››› more
- [21 September 2017]
- How to put your tax-free savings account to use for retirement
- There isn't an easy way to prepare for retirement. You'll have to make a lot of choices along the way.
If you're contributing to a pension or a retirement annuity, it's good to add some diversification by looking at other ways of saving for your retirement.
And you could do this by using your tax-free savings account.
Read on to find out more…
Investing for retirement with a tax ... ››› more
- [22 October 2015]
- What rate of return should you expect from your pension fund?
- If you're already ploughing money into a pension fund, that's a great start. But how can you expect your pension to perform over the years? After all this affects how much your pension pot is going to grow over the years. And it ultimately affects how much money you have once you retire. Let's take a closer look…
What performance to expect from your pension fund
Your pension fund provider mi... ››› more
- [10 July 2014]
- 4 steps to a happy retirement
- To be happy and financially carefree in your retirement years, you need to carefully plan ahead, invest, and make smart choices.
The retirement years can be the happiest of your life if you have a reasonable income to live comfortably. That's why it's so important to start saving for your retirement while young and to not rely solely on company pension plans.
Since many soon-t-be-retirees a... ››› more
- [09 July 2014]
- How to overcome one of the biggest issues facing your retirement nest egg
- Saving for your retirement is no easy task. Yes the earlier you start, the better your chance of having a more comfortable retirement. But problems will still remain.
To achieve a comfortable retirement, you need to save a lot of money. And you need to see your savings grow above the rate of inflation. Otherwise they're just wasting away.
So how can you achieve this? And how can you do this ... ››› more
- [07 July 2014]
- Revealed: Three mistakes you need to avoid in your retirement planning
- Your last day at work is finally here and you can't wait! Are you happy with your retirement plan? Do you think you've done enough to adequately plan for it? Read on to discover the three mistakes you must avoid when planning for your life after retirement…
Did you miss out on Francois Joubert’s secret to retiring rich?
If you couldn't make it to Francoi... ››› more
- [14 April 2014]
- How much do you need to save for your retirement?
- When it comes to saving for your retirement, the most important aspect is having enough in your pension pot for your golden years. But how much should you be squirrelling away every month? Read on to find out how you can work this out…
To ensure that you’re saving enough for your retirement, you’ll need to get a bit technical, Phil Oakley in MoneyWeek explains…
Annuity factors (AF) he... ››› more
- [24 December 2013]
- Why you should invest in the 'ETF Killer'
- It's easy to understand why ETFs are a hot investment - and it's no secret that I'm a huge fan of them.
They have minimal fees, require small contributions and on top of all that they give you a fairly diversified investment.
But here's the thing...
I've found a new investment that I call the 'ETF Killer'. Not only does this ETF Killer offer even lower fees, it gives you even more divers... ››› more
- [05 December 2013]
- Get ready: Government plans to FORCE you to save for your retirement
- “The only sure things in life are death and taxes.” Here in SA, this common saying could be amended soon to include ‘retirement savings'. This comes as government announces its looking to force people to preserve their retirement benefits. Here's what it's planning to do…
Are retirement savings at the bottom of your financial priority list?
You’re not alone. After al... ››› more
- [07 May 2013]
- Revealed: Save your money here to get top returns for your retirement!
- If you're anything like the rest of the world, you'll have been actively ‘dis-saving' over the last three years. Confused? ‘Dis-saving' is when people spend more money than they take in. Ian Liddle, a chief investment officer at Allan Gray, says you need to change this instantly to make sure you're boosting your retirement savings any way you can to avoid a future with no savings. One of the t... ››› more
- [06 May 2013]
- Revealed: The secret to making your retirement savings last more than three years!
- Ready to retire? Not so fast. Sanlam's Benchmark Symposium, which it'll release on 14 May, shows levels of saving for retirement continue to be low. So low, in fact, that Moneyweb says the average retiree depletes his retirement lump sum in just three years! Here's how to make sure you're saving enough to live comfortably long into your golden years…
Most people look forward to retirem... ››› more
- [02 May 2013]
- Are your retirement savings on track?
- Yesterday's Budget Speech announced many surprising tax breaks and savings benefits. Key among these is an increased standard tax treatment for all forms of retirement savings. Here's an easy way to check whether your retirement savings are on track, no matter when you've started saving.
Pravin Gordhan’s Budget Speech had a strong focus on saving in the midst of a challenging local and global... ››› more
- [28 February 2013]
- Get the most from your retirement annuity
- Investors are taking advantage of tax benefits by making additional contributions to their retirement annuities (RAs) as the tax year draws near. That's a great idea; but boosting your retirement annuity once a year isn't enough to secure your retirement. Here are a few other tips you can use to get the most from your retirement annuity, no matter when you start saving for your retirement. Many p... ››› more
- [20 February 2013]