The South African Investor
- This could be the #1 crypto in the future
- Stand aside bitcoin and Ethereum!
There's a new crypto storming the market.
And it could revolutionise the way the world transacts and more!
Things are hotting up fast already…
In three weeks, it's price surged 65% - from $0.43 in August to $0.72 in September.
Urgent Penny Stock News: September 30th - Ci... ››› more
- [10 September 2018]
- Even South Africa's biggest companies join the “Crypto Revolution”
- Last week, cryptocurrency expert Sam Volkering shared how international companies are investing in blockchain technology.
Companies like financial technology provider Novatti Group.
“Novatti signed an MOU (memorandum of understanding) with Lightyear.io, an organisation that works with the Stellar Development Foundation. Stellar has developed a blockchain, but instead of providing pure pe... ››› more
- [28 November 2017]
- Blockchain stocks deliver on the hype
- Immigration is one of the most divisive topics in global politics.
It's split political parties, as well as nations. One side wants to lock down borders and stop the influx of immigrants into the country.
While others are happy to welcome almost anyone through our borders. At least, that's the story you're likely to read and hear about.
In reality it's a far more complex issue, one tha... ››› more
- [20 November 2017]
- This Crypto “might just be the best thing that ever happened to Japan”
- The cryptocurrency I want to tell you about today was founded in 2014 under the development of a team of Japanese developers.
This year, this cryptocurrency has seen incredible growth.
My colleague and cryptocurrencies guru, Sam Volkering explains why…
“The reason is that the Japanese crypto market continues to see money flow out of the “traditional” banking and finance system,... ››› more
- [13 November 2017]
- The next Bitcoin could make you a millionaire
- On 1 January 2017, this cryptocurrency's price stood at around $8.24.
At that time, its market cap was around $720 million.
Fast-forward to today, its market cap has grown past $30 billion. But even better, its price has soared to around $322 - which is a 3,807% return compared to Bitcoin's 453% return this year.
In other words, a R120 investment into this cryptocurrency on 1 January 2... ››› more
- [16 October 2017]
- The 3 most troubling takeaways from SONA
- The State of the Nation Address (SONA) was certainly a spectacle, unfortunately mainly for the wrong reasons. However, as South Africans, it's essential to analyse the SONA - especially as it could have a significant impact on our lives.
Personally, I found three aspects of SONA particularly troubling…
Why investors should be worried about SONA 2017 #1: The violence
In hi... ››› more
- [22 September 2017]
- MTN's executive team is undergoing massive changes - Should I buy more MTN shares?
- IT seems that Africa's largest cellular network provider, MTN is in for a few more changes to its executive structure.
MTN released a statement to its shareholders informing them that Brett Goschen, the company's Chief Financial Officer is leaving the company on 30 September 2016. Goschen will also be stepping down for MTN Group's board of directors.
In the meantime, CEO of MTN Rwanda, Gunt... ››› more
- [06 July 2016]
- Bidvest's Food Service unbundling was a huge success… But should you still be holding Bidcorp shares?
- The Bidvest group recently unbundled its Food Service business and listed it separately on the JSE as Bid Corporation (Bidcorp) - share code (JSE: BID). Bidcorp received a warm welcome on its debut, kicking off the day at R270 a share and closing well up at R304 (giving it a massive market capitalisation of R102bn).
But let's recap quickly…
The reason for this unbundling was to create a ... ››› more
- [23 June 2016]
- Hedge Funds in a modern world and how you can use it to profit
- Last month, I had the privilege of speaking to Gary Booysen as we prepared our articles for The South African Investor publication.
I was fascinated by the history lesson Gary gave me about the evolution of the hedge fund industry. I realised that the investment world is riddled with complex structures, obscure products, puzzling regulations and often downright confusing terminology.
But, ... ››› more
- [10 May 2016]
- The best undervalued investment opportunities right now
- I love being a member of The South African Investor. Every month, the panel of investment experts reveal their favourite wealth building properties to grow and protect your hard-earned wealth.
Last month's issue of the South African Investor was truly something phenomenal. You see, Francois Joubert revealed four of his favourite undervalued investment opportunities in the market right now.
F... ››› more
- [10 May 2016]
- So much for the abilities of ‘experts' - You can do better
- Read the news around you…
Taxes are rising, independent, unbiased financial advice is disappearing, and poorly managed pensions and equities are destroying people's savings.
The fact is, less than 20%, of the more than 800 unit trusts in South Africa, beat the market. So much for the abilities of these expensive ‘experts'…
Here's an example of the performance of, my investment fu... ››› more
- [20 April 2016]
- Boom or bust in 2016 - Doesn't matter as long as you own these three defensive shares
- It doesn't matter if South Africa is destined for disaster!
Yes, the markets are up one day and down the next and the JSE‘s searching for direction. And the financial media is reporting on every bearish investment expert they can get their hands on!
But this is why you mustn't follow the crowd. Especially mainstream media, they thrive on delivering negative news.
Obviously there are som... ››› more
- [06 April 2016]
- Why Mario Draghi is about to pull his finger out of the dyke
- Most people have heard the story of the little Dutch boy who stuck his finger into a hole in the dyke and saved his town from flooding.
Well, Mario Draghi, the Head of the European Central Bank has been that boy holding back the flood.
You see, for five years, he's held out and managed to avoid quantitative easing (QE).
He's negotiated inter-bank lending structures… He's seen off the G... ››› more
- [26 August 2014]
- The one big problem with the world's biggest growth market
- For years investors have been drawn to the profit opportunity that is Africa.
With seemingly endless natural resources, a perfect climate for just about anything to grow in, and a population of more than a billion consumers all keen to raise their standard of living.
It's no wonder big manufactures have flocked to ‘gateway countries' like South Africa to build their manufacturing plants so... ››› more
- [12 August 2014]
- The biggest value bet in the last decade is about to pay off
- After five months of strikes, yesterday Amcu signed the new wage agreements with the big platinum mining companies. This deal secured wage rates for the next three years.
And right now, this deal will be the catalyst for a massive profit opportunity for value investors.
Let me explain.
Platinum profits have been hit, but the value is still there
Although the strike has ended, a... ››› more
- [24 June 2014]
- Warren Jeffery reveals just seven simple steps to build your own R1 million portfolio
- On the 17th of May 2014, chairman of The South African Investor, Warren Jeffery will be hosting an exclusive event, The Accelerated Investor Pro Live.
Warren has already shown 10,200 people these steps to building a R1 million portfolio and now's your chance to be the 10,201st person!
And that's not all!
Warren has also decided to invite the rest of the FSP Invest experts where you can a... ››› more
- [24 April 2014]
- Worried about buying shares at all-time highs? Don't be… Here's why
- These days, with markets around the world at all-time highs, investors often ask me whether you should wait for a pull back before investing, or should you just climb in?
The concerns about diving into the markets at these high levels are totally understandable. After all, no one want's to be the one who bought the market at the top, just before it collapsed.
Already some investors are call... ››› more
- [12 March 2014]
- What speed boats and oil tankers mean for you and your investments
- At more than 450m long, weighing in at over half a million tons, and costing hundreds of millions of dollars, oil tankers are truly the giants of the sea.
With the ability to survive just about anything the wild seas throw at them; and the size to bewilder the imagination, it's no wonder these hulks of the ocean have featured on programs like the Discovery Channel.
And although these giants... ››› more
- [05 February 2014]
- Why you need to drop banks from your investment portfolio
- As the rand falls, the price of just about everything goes up. And this means rising inflation will hit South Africa.
Now, our Reserve Bank has a mandate to protect against excessive inflation. And the simplest way for it to do this, is to raise interest rates. This has two effects:
1) It makes it more inviting for foreign investors to invest in rands because they can get a better return on... ››› more
- [28 January 2014]
- The Chinese just made a $575 billion bet on this investment market
- For years all the talk in the investment circles has been about the emerging markets.
But for 2014, the game has changed… This year, you need to put your money into developed markets. And in particular, you need to be investing in Europe.
Your developed market returns could be so good this year, even the $575 billion, China Investment Corporation is betting big on these markets.
Here's ... ››› more
- [15 January 2014]