The South African Investor
- AVOID the S&P 500 index in 2022 - Here's why…
- The S&P 500 is arguably the most popular stock Index.
It contains the companies most widely owned by individual investors.
It also accounts for roughly 80% of the overall value of the stock market in the US.
And it's been a boon for investors who have held in their portfolio over the past decade.
But the era of high returns could be ending.
Let me explain…
... ››› more
- [19 January 2022]
- Why you should own Dividend Dominators in 2022
- Many people believe that dividends are boring. And aren't big enough to make a difference in their portfolio.
But that simply isn't true.
Throughout history, finding great dividend companies that pay you consistent income every year has been one of the great ways to build wealth.
And 2021 has been no different.
Just consider Investec - a company I consider a “Dividend Dominator”…... ››› more
- [13 January 2022]
- Three themes that could dominate 2022
- Incredibly, it's already that time of year when brokers, banks and analysts' dust off their crystal balls and start making wild predictions on what will happen to financial markets over the next 12 months.
Now, it's important for you to remember, that no matter how fancy the title of the person making predictions, or how prestigious the institution, the future has a way of surprising us all.
... ››› more
- [12 January 2022]
- Metaverse…Sandbox…Decentraland…What does it all mean for you as an investor?
- For many decades, we escaped reality through books, magazines, and movies.
In the future, we will escape via 3D-internet platforms, like VR gaming, virtual bars/clubs, and immersive shows and movies.
This future world, where the physical and the digital combine, to transform the online sphere into a more immersive, 3D experience is called the “Metaverse”.
And the metaverse is expected... ››› more
- [07 January 2022]
- Why this is the next big trend in crypto
- In September 2021, Sotheby's announced its intention to auction an extremely rare copy of the US Constitution. For interest sake, out of the 500 made, only 13 remain. 11 of those 13, sit in institutions. For example, the Library of Congress. That means two are privately held.
So, this announcement was a big deal. And many took notice. In particular one group of crypto entrepreneurs...
... ››› more
- [30 November 2021]
- Are you ready for Crypto Mass Adoption?
- Just a few years ago, many thought that bitcoin and cryptocurrencies were only used for money laundering and wild speculation.
But that's not the case anymore.
We've seen investment institutions, banks, and even technology companies open up their businesses to cryptocurrencies.
This is a huge sign that crypto adoption is gaining steam.
And is definitely not going to slow down any... ››› more
- [25 November 2021]
- This company will play a huge role in bringing crypto to the mainstream!
- As the crypto economy expands and matures, more and more opportunities have arisen for crypto investors.
And I'm not just talking about crypto coins or crypto miners.
Today, there are numerous cryptos stocks aiming to combine the digital currency and fiat money worlds.
One such company is making huge strides in doing so…
Will... ››› more
- [16 November 2021]
- How to lose 100% of your money in under a month
- Did you hear?
Some unfortunate crypto investors/traders lost everything.
And that's not hyperbole.
In just under a month, one crypto exploded 83,000%. Only for it to erase all these gains just a couple of weeks later.
So what happened?
Will you outlive your money?
My colleague Josh Benton recently discovered a w... ››› more
- [10 November 2021]
- The first US Crypto ETF marks a massive milestone for the crypto economy… But I still wouldn't buy it! Here's why…
- On October 20, the ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF (NYSE: BITO) opened for trading.
It's the first crypto-linked exchange-traded fund (ETF) in the US market. And it had an immaculate debut - with $1 billion in volume on the first day.
That makes BITO's debut the second-most actively traded ETF launch in history!
Off the back of the launch, bitcoin rallied over 60%.
Even better, the ... ››› more
- [03 November 2021]
- Warren Buffett's #1 way he generates $8,700 every minute!
- Did you know Warren Buffett makes $8,751 per minute from doing absolutely no work at all?
That's $4.6 billion in one year…
And it's not because he has investment managers do the work for him.
It's thanks to his careful execution of this income strategy, that has made it possible for him to earn money while he sleeps.
You can find the full Article here:... ››› more
- [20 October 2021]
- China's ban on crypto hasn't stopped the revolution!
- We've seen it before - multiple times.
I also said, the ban would actually be good for Bitcoin (and crypto prices).
Well, in the past week…
Bitcoin has rallied nearly 25% higher add $180 billion to its market cap.
And for the first time since May, bitcoin's total market cap has exceeded the US$1 trillion market. A milestone that could signal this unique asset is ready to make its... ››› more
- [12 October 2021]
- Why China's Ban Could Push the Bitcoin Price Higher…
- Last week, China “banned” Bitcoin transactions, declaring them illegal.
China is one of the world's largest crypto-currency markets. Fluctuations there impact the global price of crypto-currencies.
So with that announcement, Bitcoin fell from $45k to $41k.
But the People's Bank of China went one step further and declared all virtual currency-related business transactions were illeg... ››› more
- [06 October 2021]
- Why Blockchain and Healthcare are a match made in Heaven
- Recently, I had to schedule a doctor's appointment. But I hadn't seen him for some time and He had changed practices. So his old practice were still in possession of my file.
Yes, my file was still on paper and not electronic.
So in order for him to have my full history, I had to go and collect my records from the old practice.
When I went to pick up my records, there was huge file ... ››› more
- [28 September 2021]
- The Bigger Picture Behind the Walmart-Litecoin Saga…
- It's not like mainstream media would get anything wrong (sarcasm)…
Well last week, major financial news organisations were left red-faced after a massive blunder.
It all started when a press release published via GlobeNewswire, claimed that Walmart and Litecoin agreed a partnership. The “partnership” entailed that the world's largest retailer will accept Litecoin as payment on its e... ››› more
- [22 September 2021]
- Keep Your Eye on this Emerging Crypto Stock
- The crowd of listed crypto-related stocks keeps on growing…
Coinbase Global Inc - The largest crypto exchange was the most recent crypto company to list on a major exchange.
Bakkt - The financial platform that allows users to trade and store digital assets, such as bitcoin is also on track to list via a special purpose acquisition vehicle (SPAC) called VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings.
... ››› more
- [15 September 2021]
- This investment vehicle could drive the $2.2 trillion crypto market to new heights!
- Over the past couple of years or so, the crypto economy has boomed.
Just the crypto coin/token market alone is worth $2.2 trillion!
But the reality is, this market is nowhere near matured.
You see, there's still one investment that has the potential to inject the crypto market with huge amounts of money from institutional and even retail investors.
And that means a perfect opportun... ››› more
- [07 September 2021]
- The Bitfinex-Tether Scandal - Here's What You Need to Know
- Bitfinex is a bitcoin exchange, based in Hong Kong and incorporated in the Virgin Islands. In the past, it's been the subject of hacks in which millions have been stolen.
Tether is a cryptocurrency firm, whose business is the issuance of a stablecoin (an asset-backed cryptocurrency). The Tether coin is a proxy for US dollars.
In other words, it claims to be fully backed by US dollars.
Rec... ››› more
- [31 August 2021]
- This basic economic principle explains Ethereum's recent 50% rally…
- One of the first principles they teach in any Economics 101 course is that price is a function of supply and demand.
When supply is decreasing and demand stays constant, prices go up.
When supply is increasing and demand stays constant, prices go down.
This basic economic concept explains Ethereum's recent +50% rally and why it could continue heading higher for the rest o... ››› more
- [17 August 2021]
- Crypto is a funny market?!
- Two weeks ago, the bears were betting on a big collapse.
And for a moment, it looked as if they were going to be right.
That all changed with the Amazon news.
Now a potential €375 billion could soon flow into Bitcoin!
Bitcoin rallied past the $40k mark.
And as I write this, Bitcoin traded past $41k.
So, what's been going on?
You can find the full Article here: ... ››› more
- [10 August 2021]
- Amazon + Cryptos - A Game-changer for Bitcoin?
- Last week, Amazon listed a job opening for a digital currency and blockchain product lead.
In response, crypto markets soared. Bitcoin briefly surpassed $40,000.
Investors interpreted the post as an indication that Amazon would soon be accepting bitcoin as payment on its ecommerce platform.
But an Amazon spokesperson quickly rejected that interpretation:
You can find the full article... ››› more
- [04 August 2021]