Timon Rossolimos, Head Of Trading
- Bank a 489% profit from a rise in Gold
- Happy New Year! I trust you had a fantastic festive time with your loved ones.
I'm looking forward to helping you make 2019 your most successful trading year yet! I've spent the last two weeks, doing intensive technical analysis on all my charts on the watch list.
Over the next five weeks I'll be sending you my top five predictions on gold, the JSE, the rand, the euro and oil.
Here'... ››› more
- [24 January 2019]
- Your first Q&A for 2019 - Trading resolutions, slow start to the year and a FREE place to analyse charts
- Q. “Hi Timon I want to set a few trading resolutions for 2019, can you please tell me five achievable ideas so I know what to do?”
A. I always have five trading resolutions which help me kick off the year. Here they are.
Resolution #1: Only take trades when your trading strategy gives you signals
Most people try to trade on intuition and base their trading signal... ››› more
- [24 January 2019]
- The secret signal that could bank you your next small fortune
- Normally when a trader takes a trade, they follow a specific trading plan with strict entry, exit and money management rules.
I do exactly the same thing, but with a twist.
What if I told you I have a secret signal, you can use to increase your chances of profiting from a trade.
Today, I'm going to let you in on this secret signal and tell you how to increase your chances of success wi... ››› more
- [11 December 2018]
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Traders (Part 2)
- Last week I revealed three of the most important trading habits you'll need to adapt to become a successful trader.
These habits were based on one of the most popular financial books of all time called “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People”.
It's one book that I like to read and absorb every five years, to apply to my trading and with life.
If you missed it, you... ››› more
- [03 December 2018]
- Seven habits of highly effective traders
- Over the weekend I read one of my favourite books of all time.
I'm sure you've read it or at least heard of the legend and late Steven Covey's 'Seven Habits of Highly Effective People'.
To put it briefly, the book is about finding ways to adapt to common traits that are believed to help with any person's success.
Well, every five years I read it again to see how I can relate to and ... ››› more
- [28 November 2018]
- A 60.75% gain in a week? This sounds too good to be true!
- Q. Timon in the previous email from Red Hot Storm Trader, you mentioned that you banked a 60.75% gain in a week. How did you calculate this because it sounds too good to be true?
A. To explain how we managed to bank a 60.75% gain, first I’ll copy and paste the SMS I sent out.
Go Short (Sell) All Share Mini ALSI Index (ALMI) CFDs
... ››› more
- [22 November 2018]
- Why Brent Crude is going to $90 a barrel and how you can profit
- How's this…
In just one month, Brent Crude has dropped from $85 down to $65 per barrel and the media is going crazy.
Last week mainstream media headlines read:
“Brent enters bear market”
“How Brent Crude has just crashed in just six weeks”
“Will we see $40 per barrel again”
So why am I predicting Brent Crude will rise to $90... ››› more
- [20 November 2018]
- 3 Bad trading habits that can destroy your portfolio
- This is normal for a newbie trader.
You've just gone through a winning streak where you've banked three winners in a row.
At this stage you start to feel like you own the market where you think you've cracked the code to successful trading.
You then decide to bet bigger than you ever have.
Once you enter this frame of mind, you'll see that you can destroy your portfolio very quickl... ››› more
- [12 November 2018]
- Top 6 questions answered by Trader X on how he banked 354.67% in the last 4 months for his Pickpocket Traders
- Q. “Hi Trader X, did you just sum up all of the gains you've made for your subscribers and exclude the losses?”
A. Definitely not. I have not been in the trading game for 15 years, just to scam people…
No… The 354.67% gains are accumulated gains banked with winners and losers since July 2018…
In fact, I'll even show you the portfolio template I use to log the trade, in order ... ››› more
- [08 November 2018]
- Three main reasons why 95% of traders lose
- Everyone wants to be apart of the elite 5% of traders who are constantly making money from the markets, month after month.
But the reality is...
95% of traders enter the markets, get destroyed and then leave with the idea of trading being a complete scam.
Fortunately i have been able to make a consistent income over the last 15 years and now I wish to give back to you.
Today I'm go... ››› more
- [05 November 2018]
- How we banked a 62.34% gain on a gold stock while the JSE crashed
- Over the past month I've warned you about how the ongoing issues with the emerging markets, the rising petrol prices and with a sudden change with the ANC cabinet, we've seen the rand to weaken back to R15.00 per US dollar.
This has resulted in the JSE collapsing over 14% in the matter of two months.
While the JSE was in free fall, I noticed that investors were starting to pile their money... ››› more
- [31 October 2018]
- DID YOU KNOW: There is one must-know formula to keep your portfolio in the positive
- It may seem obvious that if you take a 5% loss, you'll need just over 5% return to recover your portfolio.
But as you lose more, you'll need to recover exponentially more than the actual percentage lost.
Traders call this series of consecutive losses – the drawdown.
Many traders just don’t think about what they’ll need to recover during a losing period.
... ››› more
- [25 October 2018]
- It's resources time to shine while the rand continues its slump
- In early July this year,
I announced the demise of the South African rand. At that time, the currency was trading at R13.00 per US Dollar.
With the economy shrinking 0.7%, the petrol price jumping to R17.00 per liter and added pressure to emerging currencies led by the Turkish Lira and Argentina Peso, the rand has been hit hard.
Today it will cost you R14.40 for j... ››› more
- [23 October 2018]
- How to prevent losing 30% of your portfolio
- Q. Here is my urgent trading story: ”The market is crashing at the moment. two weeks ago I decided to open 10 trading positions and set my stop losses in a way I don't risk more than 3% per trade. I now see that this was not a good idea as I have 30% of my portfolio at risk.
In the future, I'll never have more than four trades opened at once. But for now what do you suggest I do to prevent m... ››› more
- [23 October 2018]
- How to use Bollinger bands to profit from this resource stock
- Today is different but damn exciting.
Normally I'd write to tell you that a stock or index has broken out of a channel to the upside, and looking hot to buy.
But what happens when you get that one opportunity that keeps on trending up and you still want to get in and profit from it?
Well if you wait for the market to finally decide to move sideways, it could very well change directio... ››› more
- [18 October 2018]
- FAQ - The best charting platform, the dreaded Ice-berg and know when you're receiving dividends
- Q. “I'm looking for a downloadable charting platform to set up my charts when I trade… Which user-friendly charting platforms do you recommend and why?”
A. The best way to sign up to a trading charting platform, is by going directly to the platforms' websites.
You'll find that these charting platforms work on a yearly subscription basis, which you'll need to renew and even upgrade ea... ››› more
- [11 October 2018]
- Last time Brent Crude rose we made 17%, now it's about to rise again - so let's profit!
- Last month, I made a prediction that Brent Crude was heading to $80. At the time it was trading at just $73…
Two weeks later, it hit the target.
While other analysts were making gloom and doom predictions, we took advantage of the rise and made 17%.
And now for the first time since 2014, the Brent Crude price has hit a new high price at $81, and I'm afraid the rise has only just begu... ››› more
- [11 October 2018]
- Why every trader must follow the OODA trading method
- Q. “I am looking to trade using the OODA method, do you suggest I apply it to my trading and how does it work?”
A. I haven’t heard this acronym for many years.
Basically, OODA stands for Observe, Orient, Decide and Act.
I believe all trading systems should apply the OODA method, as it makes trading more mechanical, easier and automatic to follow without any ext... ››› more
- [04 October 2018]
- Why Japan could be the reason we bank huge profits in October
- It is every trader's goal to be able to accurately predict where markets are heading.
And it's been my mission this year to find a reliable indicator that can predict where the JSE ALSI Top 40 is headed.
After plotting a whole bunch of indicators, relative strength oscillators and indices, I think I've done it.
And it's all thanks to Japan.
Today I'll discuss this predictor, wh... ››› more
- [04 October 2018]
- FAQ - How to be a consistently profitable trader at work or at home
- Q. “Timon I read in one of the financial newsletters that the JSE ALSI 40 made a whipsaw last week and that it resulted in many traders taking losses. What is a whipsaw and can you show me where it took place on the ALSI 40?”
A. Here’s an easy way to remember what a whipsaw is when it comes to trading. First let’s break down the definition.
"a saw with a narrow blade ... ››› more
- [27 September 2018]