Trading Single Stock Futures
- How to use single stock futures to profit and protect your portfolio
- You may think that single stock futures trading is for the speculative trader, but you can also use them as a tool to protect your existing portfolio.
But trading single stock futures comes with risks. They're geared financial instruments.
So how does gearing with single stock futures work?
How can you use them to exploit moves in the market and protect your portfolio?
And how do you... ››› more
- [30 March 2015]
- Is trading single stock futures for you?
- Trading single stock futures appeals to many would-be traders because of their gearing aspect.
This is all thanks to trading on margin.
By putting down a small deposit to trade a large number of shares, you can multiply the gains of their price movements. But this gearing also multiplies your losses.
So is single stock futures the right financial instrument for you?
Read on to find ou... ››› more
- [20 March 2015]
- Don't let these two emotions bring your single stock futures trading journey to an end
- There are a number of factors that have a bearing on your success as a single stock futures trader.
The psychology of a trader has a big effect. Let your emotions interfere with your trading and chances are you're going to lose money.
And as single stock futures are geared financial instruments, mistakes can cost you dearly.
So let's take a look at the two main emotions that can have a de... ››› more
- [19 March 2015]
- The costs of trading single stock futures
- If you're serious about trading single stock futures, you'll have to know how much it's going to cost you.
To trade single stock futures you need the services of a stock broker.
So you'll have to pay your broker a fee for his services. And to open a futures trading account, you'll need to deposit a minimum amount too.
Let's take a closer look at the costs involved with trading single sto... ››› more
- [18 March 2015]
- How to find a stock broker to trade single stock futures through
- As with investing in shares, if you want to trade single stock futures, you'll need a stock broker.
A stock broker will put on your single stock futures trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange's Equity Derivatives Market for you.
So how can you find one of these brokers?
Read on to find out…
How to trade single stock futures
If you already have an account for investing with a... ››› more
- [17 March 2015]
- Gearing uncovered: How single stock futures can boost your profits
- Some investors may use single stock futures as a way of hedging their portfolio. By shorting shares they hold long positions in, they can offset losses.
But the main reason behind most investors using single stock futures is the gearing they offer. By trading single stock futures, you can potentially make quick, substantial profits.
Let's take a closer look at how this works…
How gea... ››› more
- [12 March 2015]
- How to work out your gearing when you trade single stock futures
- Gearing is one aspect that attracts traders to single stock futures.
It's gearing that multiplies your potential profits (and losses).
So how does gearing work? And how can you work out the gearing of your single stock futures trade?
Read on to find out…
What is gearing?
Gearing is when the potential positive or negative outcome is magnified. It’s this magnification aspect of... ››› more
- [11 March 2015]
- The basics of single stock futures: What you need to know to get started
- Single stock futures are trading instruments that allow you to trade shares listed on the JSE.
They're geared instruments. This gearing multiplies your potential profits and losses.
So what aspects of single stock futures do you need to understand to get started?
Let's take a closer look…
An introduction to single stock futures
To understand how single stock futures trading wo... ››› more
- [09 March 2015]
- Fancy making a quick profit on the stock market? Here's why trading single stock futures could be for you…
- Single stock futures give you the opportunity to multiply your profits many times over by using financial leverage (also known as gearing).
By using gearing, your can multiply your potential profits and you can limit the amount of capital you put into each trade.
So how does gearing work? And what are the benefits of trading single stock futures?
Read on to find out…
How gearing w... ››› more
- [05 March 2015]
- The ins and outs of trading single stock futures
- When it comes to trading, you can't get an older standardised financial derivative than futures.
They date back to Japan in the 18th century where rice traders used them to speculate on the price of rice.
Futures trading really took off in the mid-19th century when farmers and merchants used them in the US to trade agricultural commodities.
So what are single stock futures? And what are t... ››› more
- [09 December 2014]
- New to single stock futures trading and desperate to get started? You've come to the right place
- If you want to start trading, single stock futures are one way to do it.
Single stock futures are derivative instruments that leverage the underlying move of a share. This leverage means you have the potential to make substantial gains on a tiny movement in a share price.
Not only that, you can also use single stock futures to benefit from a falling share price.
But what exactly are sing... ››› more
- [08 September 2014]
- Ready to trade single stock futures? Answer these three questions first…
- There are a number of reasons why you may decide to include single stock futures in their investment portfolio. But, whatever your reasons may be, there are factors you should consider to determine if you're ready to join the world of single stock futures trading or not. Answer these three questions to find out if you are.
While gearing is what makes single stock future trading so attractive to... ››› more
- [07 May 2013]