Types Of Preference Shares
- Looking for an income from your shares? Consider preference shares…
- When you decide to invest your money, one thing you must consider is the risk you take on.
You can opt for shares, which come with risks. There's the chance a company could go bust or not perform as you expect.
You could consider a ‘safer' option by investing in bonds. But the yields from bonds may underperform the returns from shares.
So is there something that lies in between these tw... ››› more
- [21 May 2015]
- Revealed: The one share that's ‘GUARANTEED' to pay you a dividend
- When you buy shares on the stock market, some companies pay a dividend, but there are no guarantees - except in this one case. You see, when you invest in preference shares, you have ‘preference' over ordinary shareholders to receive your dividend and that means your pay-out is guaranteed. Here's the inside story…
Essentially, a preference share is a mixture of debt and equity.
This is be... ››› more
- [20 June 2013]
- Five types of preference shares you can invest in
- Whiles ordinary shares are the most common type of stock, the other type of share you'll encounter in your investing activities is the preference share. Read on to find out about the different types of preference shares you can invest in…
A preference share is mix of equity and debt. “It has most of the same characteristics of an ordinary share, like bar voting rights, but carries a ‘guar... ››› more
- [27 May 2013]