What Are Preference Shares
- Boost your dividend yield by investing in shares with a bit of a difference
- You can make money two ways by investing in shares.
Firstly, by buying at one price and selling at a higher price. And secondly, by receiving dividends from the companies you invest in.
So what if there was a way you could boost the yield you receive from dividends that doesn't carry the same amount of risk as investing in ordinary dividend paying shares?
Well you can, by investing in pr... ››› more
- [03 September 2015]
- Looking for an income from your shares? Consider preference shares…
- When you decide to invest your money, one thing you must consider is the risk you take on.
You can opt for shares, which come with risks. There's the chance a company could go bust or not perform as you expect.
You could consider a ‘safer' option by investing in bonds. But the yields from bonds may underperform the returns from shares.
So is there something that lies in between these tw... ››› more
- [21 May 2015]
- Investing for income and prepared to take on more risk? Preference shares could be for you…
- If you like investing in bonds for the peace of mind that fixed-interest payments bring, have you considered investing in preference shares?
Preference shares pay out ‘guaranteed' dividends. This type of share does carry higher risks than bonds, so they're not for the risk averse, but they're not as risky as investing in shares.
So what exactly are preference shares? How do they work? And ... ››› more
- [13 February 2015]
- Preference shares: One way to boost your income
- Preference shares are a special type of share that some companies issue. On the JSE at the moment, nearly 30 companies have preference shares listed. If you're looking for income over the long-term, look to preference shares. So what is a preference share? And why invest in preference shares? Read on to uncover what you need to know…
What are preference shares?
Preference shares are diffe... ››› more
- [26 May 2014]
- Preference shares: An unusual source of investment income
- If you're looking for an alternative way to generate an income, then preference shares might be what you're looking for. If you like the idea of investing for dividends, but want to do this is a less risky way, preference shares offer you this alternative. Let's take a closer look at preference shares, an unusual source of investment income...
Many private investors have never heard of prefe... ››› more
- [22 October 2013]